Blepharoplasty care after surgery — top
The skin of the upper eyelid is exposed to aging faster than other areas of the face and, as you know, eyes and eyelids are the first to give the age of women and men. To help with this problem can the surgery eyelid surgery – blepharoplasty.
Let us consider in more detail how should be care after blepharoplasty, the result is not made the man regret his decision to go for surgery.
Before giving recommendations for skin care after blepharoplasty, you should learn in which cases it should be done.
The indications for this operation are:
- bags under the eyes;
- excess skin that protrude on the top (bottom) centuries;
- sagging skin;
- the omission of the lower corner of the eye;
- weary eyes;
- bulging fat of the lower eyelid;
- the presence of coarse wrinkles of the lower or upper eyelid.
To blepharoplasty later did not cause any complications, it is not recommended for these contraindications:
- diabetes mellitus 1 and 2 type;
- severe disease of the heart or liver;
- chronic dry eyes;
- diseases of the orbital region;
- the period of breastfeeding;
- patient age of eighteen;
- the presence of oncological pathologies;
- violation of blood coagulability;
- the presence of infectious diseases;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- the presence of chronic diseases;
- the period, the heart attack;
- thyroid disease;
- the period of menstruation;
- acute respiratory illness.
Video: what is the procedure
The overall period of rehabilitation after blepharoplasty last no more than two weeks.
To recover faster after the operation, you should follow these recommendations during the first two weeks:
- Give up bad habits (Smoking, drinking).
- Do not take a hot bath and sauna, not to bring an infection in the eye and provoke inflammation. It is best to bathe under a warm shower.
- Abandon heavy physical exertion (weight lifting, sports, etc.).
- It is very important to maintain proper water and salt balance. This means that during rehabilitation it is better to refuse from eating too salty, spicy and fatty foods, as it can cause swelling of the eyes.
- Preferably on the street wearing darkened sunglasses to protect irritated the retina from bright light.
- To lead a healthy lifestyle.
- Eliminate watching TV and computer work, as they very much tire the eyes, that is strictly forbidden after blepharoplasty.
- You should sleep on high pillows to relieve postoperative swelling.
- Do not make sudden head movements and not to tilt his head down to pressure on the eyes did not increase.
- Eliminate the consumption of coffee.
- Eat right to avoid digestion problems.
In addition, in order to alleviate their condition in the first days after surgery, you should follow these tips:
- Avoid stress and psychological tension.
- Not read. It is better to listen to music with my eyes closed.
- Eat lean meats (beef broth). It will support forces and will be easily digestible.
- To prevent direct exposure of the skin to UV rays.
- To abandon the use of lenses is not less than two weeks.
- To observe a mode to sleep (to sleep eight hours a day).
If all the advice and recommendations of doctors, the rehabilitation period will be the most fleeting. In good condition eyelid sutures are removed in 7-10 days.
The final result after the operation will be visible not earlier than six weeks later, when the swelling goes down and redness of the eyes.
Subject to further recommendations result from blepharoplasty, you can save for 5-10 years.
Photo: Before and after surgery
Recommendations and prohibitions on cosmetic procedures
Directly in the first days after surgery can not do any cosmetic procedures and washing, including, as this will only increase swelling and to place the microbes in fresh wounds.
With time allowed to make such cosmetic procedures:
- face washing can be done on the third day after surgery if the patient has not developed complications. It is important to try not to get water in the eyes;
- to do a light facial massage can be a week after the operating. It is advisable to have it performed by your specialist;
- applying a therapeutic cream or ointment can be made only as directed by your healthcare doctor. This can be done already on the first day after the correction of the eyelids;
- facial masks can be done in a week. It is better still to apply the mask directly on the seam and eyes;
- use decorative cosmetics for makeup application can be no earlier than two weeks later, as it may cause irritation and redness of the eyelids;
- use scrubs and cleansing lotions can be no earlier than three weeks, because they often contain small particles that can get into the eyes and cause this pain.
Also permitted are cosmetic procedures (they can be done not earlier than two months after the operation):
- lymphatic drainage face massage;
- the lifting procedure;
Proper care after blepharoplasty
On the correct post-op care on upper and lower eyelids (blepharoplasty), largely depends on how quickly the patient will recover.
The General scheme of care is divided into care for:
Behind the seams
Immediately after the correction of the eyelids at them sterile bandage will be applied. We shouldn’t fear this, because after a few days it will be removed.
To the newly formed seams faster delayed, they are preferably applied daily prescription ointment and cream.
One of the best preparations of this drug group is the ointment Levomekol. It will improve the healing process and disinfect the wound.
Also need to handle the seams with antiseptic solutions, so they do not get germs and not provoke Signoria.
Subsequently (after removal of sutures), the patient is advised to apply a biodegradable gel to completely remove the redness.
Scheme of skin care after the surgery involves the observance of such rules:
- in the first three days to apply to the eyelid with special adhesive;
- in the first days it is advisable to apply cold compresses to the eyelids to relieve swelling;
- in order to speed up the skin healing process it is recommended to apply special hypoallergenic means.
Well helps the extract of the Chinese mushroom. It should be applied evenly on the eyelids twice a day for two weeks. It is recommended to consult with your doctor.
Behind the eyes
As mentioned above, within two weeks it is not recommended to wear lenses. The reason is that the eye after the correction of the eyelids inflamed and swollen.
Additional load in the form of lenses for them is not desirable to add.
To remove this inflammation and get rid of the possible dryness should be instilled in the eye drops. Get prescribed by a doctor.
Why you need a set of exercises for the eyes
The complex of exercises for eyes useful in the case when after blepharoplasty in humans, there is swelling of the eyelids.
Special exercises will not only help to get rid of excess swelling of the eyes, but also normalize the impaired blood circulation, increase muscle tone and can help relieve inflammation.
The technique of massage for the eyes involves a set of exercises:
- Point massage. The second and third finger to make a circular light movements through the ages (preferably clockwise).
- On the corner of the lower eyelid to make soft pressure point, gradually moving to the inner corner of the eye.
- In the inner corners of your eyes to do lighter pressure, gradually moving to the center of the eyelids.
- At the edge of the eyelid and under the eyebrow to make a circular motion with your fingers
Plastic surgery of the lower eyelids recommended:
- to apply cold all over the eyelid for three days after surgery;
- use ointment Lioton within seven days;
- to stay in bed for the first two days.
Plastic surgery of the upper eyelids doctors recommend:
- wear sterile dressing over the eye during the first two days;
- sutures are removed on the fourth day;
- lubricate the scars will Levomekol.
To blepharoplasty met their expectations, doctors advise to follow these basic rules:
- even after the period of rehabilitation should seek to impose the minimum strain on the eyes;
- do not eat salty foods before going to sleep, otherwise in the morning under the eyes can appear bags and puffiness on the eyelids;
- in Sunny weather, wear sunglasses;
- it is advisable not to sunbathe under the direct rays of the sun;
- you should refrain from too frequent blinking, as it provokes increased swelling;
- in the future, it is advisable to refrain from those physical exercises that contribute to edema and increased intraocular pressure (push-UPS, pull-UPS, a challenging physical workout);
- try to refrain from stress and nervous strain, as this will cause excessive eye strain and can increase swelling of the eye tissue.
It is important to know that, as with any surgery, blepharoplasty is a very serious matter to her.
For this reason, it is better not to agree to the correction of the eyelids in the presence of at least one contraindication since it may cause complications.