Blepharoplasty of the upper eyelids (plastic) — prices, photos before and after, rehabilitation, reviews
Applies not only cosmetic purpose and can solve not only the aesthetic problem, it can also improve the functionality of the eye – namely, to improve vision.
The fact that the overhanging eyelids can constrict peripheral vision, which in turn leads to the deterioration of holding delicate, detailed work and driving.
Eyelid surgery takes place as a separate and independent operation, but can quite successfully be connected with the temporal, frontal or facial lifting. In addition, it combines well with other procedures such as dermabrasion, peels etc.
The essence of the procedure
Upper blepharoplasty is performed according to the following algorithm:
- The doctor puts on the patient’s skin a special layout, which is in the process of the operation allows him to focus on the previously agreed results.
- Is given anesthesia either local or General.
- Cuts in the natural folds and deduced the outer corner of the eye. The cuts range from three to five millimeters in length.
- Excess fat is removed, the modeled muscles, corrects the work of the ligaments.
- Superimposed cosmetic seams and headband.
In some cases, the doctor is forced to produce the strengthening of the fixing of the circular muscle of the eye, which according to some to some reason weakened.
For this part of the fibers of this muscle is fixed to the periosteum of the orbit. This stage of the procedure is called a «canthopexy». It is not always necessary, such intervention is discussed with the patient beforehand.
The application of laser
Laser upper blepharoplasty helps to achieve the required results without a single incision on the skin. Moreover, the laser gives a lifting effect by stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, respectively, the patient’s skin begins to look younger. Laser blepharoplasty can be performed as a separate procedure, but often is combined with other procedures.
The rehabilitation period just below, the bruising and swelling go through the week, and physical activity is forbidden only in the first four days after surgery. After seven days you can start to use cosmetics and to their way of life. Along with this, rejuvenating effect, achieved by means of a laser, remains on the same time, as in the case of surgical intervention.
This procedure requires special training. Here are a few stages that must pass every patient.
- Talk with your doctor. At the consultation you need as much detail as possible to describe the result that you want.
- Applicants must interview with the anesthesiologist.
- Binding the conversation with the doctor.
The doctor should be aware of the following:
- on what substances the patient has had or have allergic reactions;
- data on medical history;
- about the gastronomic preferences of the person (whether he adheres to a healthy diet or not);
- about predispositions to certain diseases;
- whether the patient’s alcohol or tobacco intoxication (if there is, how strong it is);
- were there problems with the skin of the eyelids in the past;
- are there visual disturbances;
- on earlier operations.
Before the procedure will also need to pass a series of tests that will answer the question of whether you do conduct this type of operation, because it has contraindications.
Here is a list of tests that must pass the patient:
- General analysis of blood;
- biochemical analysis of blood;
- analysis to determine blood group and rhesus-factor;
- analysis: HIV, hepatitis;
- the analysis for syphilis;
- chest x-ray;
- chest x-ray.
Here’s what a clinical examination of the patient (to be specified the following points):
- the amount of redundant skin on the eyelids;
- the exact location of excess adipose tissue;
- the structure of the «crow’s feet», if you have them.
- the orientation of the outer third of the century;
- the degree of ptosis and the risk of developing it;
- the condition of the fibrous tissue;
- functioning muscles that are responsible for raising the eyelid.
The recommendations that are given before surgery:
- a week before the procedure, you need to stop taking anticoagulation drugs (mainly aspirin);
- start taking drugs for the treatment of bruises, swelling (prescribed by a doctor);
- two weeks prior to blepharoplasty, you should refrain from Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages;
- eight hours before surgery you should stop taking food and water.
Video: eyelid surgery
The period of rehabilitation and recommendations
The rehabilitation period on average lasts about two weeks. The stitches are removed in three to five days, and to their way of life, the patient begins three weeks after the procedure. The visibility of the scars persists for two weeks, and then disappears.
If the patient has a desire, the rehabilitation period can be shortened with the help of some physiotherapy. The most important factor in rehabilitation is the rejection of physical exertion for up to twenty days.
Here are the recommendations that are given to the patient during the rehabilitation period:
- refusal to wear lenses (need to get points at least two to three weeks);
- on the second day after the operation you should start doing special exercises for eyes;
- throughout the rehabilitation period, you cannot consume alcoholic beverages;
- you should refrain from nicotine;
- certainly need to abandon the Solarium, pool and sauna;
- it is desirable to reduce the consumption of coffee and to eat right;
- to avoid bright light sources.
Among the possible side effects of blepharoplasty are the following:
- gapping corner of the eye to the eyeball;
- increased sensitivity to light;
- watery eyes (can persist up to seven days);
- feeling of heaviness of the eyelids;
- a temporary reduction in visual acuity.
- minor eye irritation (itching and burning);
Eyelid skin is one of the most sensitive places on the face. In fact, that is why it first signs of aging appear first. Accordingly, intervention in this area may lead to undesirable consequences.
Here are some of the possible complications:
It can occur either immediately after surgery or several days later. If bleeding appeared immediately, it means that the damaged vessel, from which blood accumulates under the skin of the patient. What to do?
Active intervention this complication is not required. Enough puncture or removal of a blood clot by moving apart the wound. If the bleeding came a few days after surgery, then damaged a large vessel from which do not stop bleeding. What to do?
In this case, surgical intervention and stitching the torn vessel. Than it threatens?
If the blood is not time to remove, in areas where it has accumulated can lead to scarring, and eventually seal the eyelids.
- Accumulation of blood behind the eyeball.
In this case, damaged a large vessel, which forms a retrobulbar hematoma. What are its symptoms?
First and foremost, it’s a pain. It can also be protrusion of the eyeball and limitation of the eye as a whole. What to do?
It is necessary to consult an ophthalmologist and check for circulation in the retina. Often performed infusion therapy, aimed at removing edema. Than it threatens?
If the blood pressure will rise, this can lead to temporary blindness, and in severe cases and in case of delayed treatment and thrombosis of arteries of the retina. Thus, it leads to glaucoma.
To later, but, nevertheless, unpleasant complications include the following:
- The discrepancy between the joints. This will require re-blending seams, which subsequently can lead to the formation of rough scar.
- «Severiana eyes.» In this case, the eyelids do not completely close and the cornea is moistened completely. This occurs most often when the patient has had cosmetic surgery on the face and blepharoplasty was carried out too early (that is, the rehabilitation period after the first intervention had not yet expired). A second operation.
- Tearing. If it shows up in the first five to seven days, it is a normal reaction. If it does continue, it is likely that it is the result of edema, which narrowed tear ducts. It can also be the result of improper scarring.
- Cyst. It is the appearance of hollow tumors that form on the suture line. Most often they disappear on their own or can be easily removed by a doctor.
- Drooping of the upper eyelid or «blepharoptosis». This complication is extremely rare and most often among age patients. Exit here, too, only one re-operation.
- Asymmetry. This is the result of inappropriate scarring or stitches incorrectly. Correction is possible only by means of repeated surgical intervention.
- Infection. This happens in the form of micro abscesses in the area of the seams. This complication was treated with local therapy and eye drops.
Indications for blepharoplasty of the upper eyelid are the following:
- age-related changes (primarily, wrinkles);
- excessive subcutaneous fat layer;
- «heavy» eyelids that create a tired effect of the face;
- folds of the upper eyelid;
- stretching of the skin.
Contraindications the following factors:
- severe chronic disease;
- HIV, hepatitis;
- diabetes in decompensated form;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- coronary heart disease;
- high blood pressure;
- infectious diseases in the acute stage;
- colds, fever, fever;
- malignant neoplasms;
- thyroid disease;
- increased intraocular pressure;
- diseases of the immune system;
- poor blood clotting;
- retinal detachment;
- syndrome dry eye;
- bronchial asthma;
- systemic lupus is;
The results of the operation
Within six weeks the stitches dissolve, leaving bruises, swelling and is possible to assess the obtained result.
Blepharoplasty of the upper eyelids gives a very resistant and long-lasting results that may last up to fifteen years.
This operation allows:
- to remove folds of fat;
- to save the patient from the «tired look»;
- corrects imperfections of the skin tissue;
- blemishes wrinkles etc.
The cost depends on the popularity of the clinic of medical devices, medicines and medical qualifications.
The price also consists of the following factors:
- The complexity of the operation. For example, the excision of excess skin of the first degree will cost about 30,000 rubles, and the third is already 43,000 rubles.
- The wishes of the client. The removal of unwanted fat is much cheaper than change eye shape. For example, the correction of the third degree of complexity can reach 60,000 rubles.
Don’t forget also that testing and all of the doctors besides the surgeon, are billed separately.
Here are sample prices of some Moscow clinics:
|The name of the clinics||Prices in RUB.|
|«Delta Clinic»||25 000|
|«IT Clinic»||35 000|
|«Clinic №1»||28 000|
|«Royal clinic»||40 000|
|«Best hospitals»||33 000|
|«Grand clinic»||25 000|
|The «upper» (anchor) blepharoplasty||Prices in RUB.|
|Excision of excess skin to 1 tbsp. of CL.||from 25 to 30 000|
|Excision of excess skin, 2 tbsp. of CL.||32 to 37 000|
|Excision of excess skin, 3 tbsp. of CL.||from 37 to 43 000|
|Removal of excess skin and hernia, 1. SL.||from 35 to 45 000|
|Removal of excess skin and hernia, 2 C. CL.||from 40 to 50 000|
|Removal of excess skin and hernia, 3. SL.||from 45 to 60 000|
|Correction of eye shape, 1 tbsp. of CL.||from 40 to 50 000|
|Correction of eyes, 2 tbsp. of CL.||from 45 to 55 000|
|Correction of the shape of the eyes, 3. SL.||50 to 60 000|
Frequently asked questions
How long is the surgery?
For about forty minutes. It can take longer (up to three hours), it depends on the complexity of the goal.
What happens immediately after the procedure?
The patient glued sterile band-aid and a bandage for two or three hours.
How much time you need to spend in hospital after the surgery?
If the patient’s condition is satisfactory, it is usually released in four hours.
How painful is the procedure?
Blepharoplasty is performed under anesthesia: local or General, so any pain the patient is experiencing. After the operation he is injected pain medication, so often, people are not concerned about pain.
How long is the swelling?
Usually, after four or five days it disappears completely.
How long will it take to go to work?
The rehabilitation period lasts two weeks, through this period of time can begin to return to normal life.
Before and after blepharoplasty of the upper eyelids