Botox Allergan — price, reviews, instruction, how to distinguish a fake, manufacturer
In the pursuit of youth people are ready to have all kinds of experimentation just to achieve the desired result. But surgery requires a long rehabilitation and is fraught with serious complications, moreover, are inaccessible to women with average financial prosperity.
Today an effective alternative to plastic cosmetics were «beauty shots», allowing you to remove even deep facial wrinkles.
One of the most popular of the injectables is Botox (Botox), patented and manufactured in the USA by the company Allergan (Allergan) for more than ten years.
This producer is initially specialized in the creation of antihistamines and ophthalmic drugs. Now his work is aimed at developing products for aesthetic medicine (care for the person for weight loss, against defects of the skin).
What it is
Botox is a drug that can block the signals between the muscles and nerve endings.
Neurotoxin type a, which is the main active ingredient, prepared artificially from bacteria Clostridium botulinum, in the nature of causing serious disease of botulism.
Botox Allergan contains:
- Botulinum neurotoxin type A – hemagglutinin complex;
- serum albumin (a plasma protein of human blood);
- sodium chloride.
Botox is a muscle relaxant, which relaxes the overactive muscles that cause involuntary spasms by blocking release of acetylcholine that transmits signals between nerve centers. Thanks to the activity of muscle receptors is greatly reduced.
At the same time completely preserved blood supply of organs, eliminating the appearance of atrophy.
The maximum concentration of drug achieved at the site of its introduction, and only a small part reaches the systemic circulation.
By metabolism it is rapidly excreted by the kidneys. Therefore a valid therapeutic doses does not lead to systemic effects.
General information about
Initially Botox was used to correct strabismus, as well as to relieve spasms in children with cerebral palsy. Accidentally doctors noticed a curious fact – the wrinkles in the place of the drug had disappeared.
After conducting clinical studies that have proven that the product is safe, it was used in cosmetics.
To apply botulinum toxin for the purposes of rejuvenation from 25 years.
At this age, just launch physiological processes of skin aging. Early prevention will help to achieve maximum effect.
Mechanism of action
Speaking in accessible language, Botox is a poison that can cause temporary muscle paralysis. As a result, they cease to shrink, and the skin covering them is smooth. Fine wrinkles disappear and deep is significantly reduced.
With the introduction of funds into the muscle antagonists, due to which some parts of the skin are omitted, can achieve the effect of lifting and tighten sagging skin (for example, to raise eyebrows).
The drug is already noticeable at 2-7 days after the procedure. But the lasting effect is manifested within 1-2 months, maintained for six months.
After this period repeated injections are needed in smaller dosages.
The main advantage of Botox is that most people have no habit to frown, wrinkle your forehead, that does not form new wrinkles.
The effect of the drug is reduced with frequent visits to the baths, saunas, Solarium, sport from intense stress, alcohol abuse, and also because some cosmetic procedures (microcurrent therapy, ultrasound, light therapy, massage).
Instructions for use of Botox Allergan
It is very important to remember that the recommended Botox dosage is in any case are not the same for other products based on botulinum toxin. They in any case can not usamusement transferred from one unit to another, to recover the same amount of a solution of sodium chloride.
Instructions for use of Botox Allergan emphasizes that it is intended only for intramuscular administration.
The dosage is chosen strictly individually for each patient depending on the problem, medical history, skin condition, sex and age. For drug injection using a thin needle.
The algorithm procedure is following:
- Primary examination by a doctor, identification of defects, a detailed evaluation of the expressions of the patient, selection of dosage.
- Recovery of the drug 0.9% solution of sodium chloride. After that the product is fit for use in 24 hours.
- A thorough treatment of the skin with antiseptic and local anesthetic action in people with a high pain threshold.
- Direct introduction of drugs into the prearranged point.
- Re-disinfection of the skin.
- Indication in an out-patient card of the points of injection, quantity, shelf life and serial number of the package.
Keep sealed Botox you need in the fridge or in the freezer. Since thermal effects can negatively affect its properties.
Each new drug is only for use with one patient. Left overs should be utilized. But due to the fact that its price is quite high, unscrupulous workers may not follow this rule, separating the contents of the jar for injection between several patients.
The interval between repeated courses must be at least 3 months.
If the substance is accidentally spilled onto the skin, the skin should be washed with a solution of sodium hypochlorite, and then with a lot of running water.
Video: expert Advice
Indications and contraindications
The drug is released strictly on prescription, which has the right to botulinum toxin injections. That is, it must be a certificate, diploma or license for implementation of medical or cosmetic procedures.
Indications for the use of Botox are:
- blepharospasm (involuntary contractions of eye muscles);
- a hemifacial spasm;
- focal and cervical dystonia;
- spasms of the hands and wrists after suffering a stroke;
- cerebral palsy;
- adult urinary incontinence caused by spinal cord injury or multiple sclerosis;
- migraine, accompanied by severe pain;
- hyperhidrosis (excessive sweating) of the armpits;
- vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows.
Despite the fact that Botox officially allowed to apply only for the temporary correction of vertical wrinkles between the eyebrows, it successfully for many years and used to repair other age-related defects:
- horizontal wrinkles on the forehead;
- «crow’s feet» in the outer corners of the eye;
- the drooping corners of the lips;
- wrinkles on the bridge of the nose, on the sides of the nose;
- purse-string folds around the mouth;
- creases on the neck and chin;
- the asymmetry of the face;
- ptosis of the upper eyelid;
- irregular shape of the lips or the position of the eyebrows.
But it is important to understand that Botox will help to get rid of only facial wrinkles, the formation of which muscles are actively involved. To fill other wrinkles on the cheeks, nasolabial, chin and around the mouth to use fillers with hyaluronic acid.
- individual intolerance to the botulinum toxin;
- serious allergic reactions to the selected drug;
- pregnancy and breast-feeding;
- the presence of infectious and other kind of rash in place of the injections;
- diseases of the muscular system, the nervous or cardiovascular system;
- Oncology or autoimmune disease.
Taking medications, blood thinners, steroids or alcohol for two weeks prior to the procedure is a relative contraindication.
The drug is not recommended for use in patients under 18 years and after 65, women during menstruation.
On the basis of conducted clinical trials the most common side effects after treatment of spasms of various localization Botox:
- in 10% of patients had ptosis (drooping) of the lower eyelid, muscle weakness, pain and infection in places punctures, difficulty swallowing food;
- 1% — dry eye, increased tears, photophobia, bleeding and bruising under the skin, swelling and irritation of the skin, rash, rhinitis. You may also experience dizziness, headaches, drowsiness, nausea, constipation, dry mouth, fatigue, hypertension, muscle. There is often pain in the area of injection, bleeding, fever, weakness, flu symptoms;
- at the 0.1% weakening of the facial nerve, blurred vision, dermatitis, itch, hypersensitivity of the skin and swelling in places of injections, depression, dystonia, shortness of breath. Rarely observed a loss of coordination, fever, lack of sleep;
- from 0,001% — swelling of the eyelids;
- at 0, 0001% — perforation, inflammation and other defects on the cornea.
Among people who have used Botox to remedy hyperhidrosis:
- 10% of patients had pain in the puncture;
- 1% — headaches, hot flashes, increased sweating in other parts of the body; bleeding at the injection site;
- 0.1% — nausea, and muscle weakness.
After the introduction of the drug into the area between the eyebrows:
- 1% of patients are faced with headaches, drooping eyelids, formation on the skin erythema, asymmetry of the face, local muscle weakness, pain at the injection site;
- 0,1% — with the development of infection, dizziness, feeling of anxiety, nausea, dry mouth, edema, muscle cramps.
In addition 1% of people can form an addiction to the drug and to produce antibodies (resistance), which requires increasing the dosage of subsequent injections. But in this case it increases the risk of side effects.
However, due to the fact that the effect of Botox gradually reduced, the negative consequences associated with violation of facial expressions, are on the average 2-3 months.
How to distinguish from counterfeits
Fake Botox in large quantities are trafficked to Russia and the former Soviet countries is mainly from China. Unscrupulous providers are not afraid of even the statutory criminal liability for misconduct and numerous lawsuits.
The drug is patented, so officially it can’t produce none of the company, in addition to Allergan.
To distinguish from a fake easily, focusing on the cost of the procedure. In a licensed clinic have specially trained doctors it will always be not below market.
Too low cost of the injection should immediately be alerted. The effect of low-quality tools will not, and undesired allergic reactions and serious complications will not be slow to manifest.
So when the «doctor» is going to inject Botox at home or in a shady beauty salon before you agree, you should think carefully about what will lead to such manipulations.
The average cost
Adequate the cost per unit of Botox ranges from 250-550 rubles. How many units must be entered to the correction of a particular area, decides the doctor.
For example, the maximum amount of drug required for smooth glabellar wrinkles – 25 units (6-14 thousand), horizontal wrinkles on the forehead – 30 (7,5–16,5 thousand rubles).
A vial of Allergan Botox (100 units) will cost not less than 13 to 21 thousand.
Botox is a drug that inhibits neuromuscular communication, which leads to relaxation of some muscles and tension in others.
The drug has a number of contraindications and side effects, the probability of which increases in the inept conduct of injections and lack of security. Therefore, to carry out the procedure should only by a qualified technician with sufficient experience.
Photo: Before and after