Botox injections — cost, when it begins to act in the forehead, buy, in armpits, the consequences
Every woman wants to look attractive. To achieve this goal, women resort to various anti-aging treatments, one of which are Botox injections.
What it is
These injections are performed with botulinum toxin, which is a drug that was released by an American company for use in cosmetics. Active component funds is considered a neurotoxin of group A, which is synthesized by the bacterium Clostridium botulinum.
Due to the penetration of the toxin into the human body blocks the activity of the muscle tissue. Mimicry becomes less noticeable, the muscles relax, which ultimately leads to wrinkles.
Mechanism of action
Botox used for facial wrinkles. Also with their help it is possible to restore symmetry of the face. The fact is that wrinkles are the result of motor activity of the muscle tissue of the face.
As a result of tension of the facial muscles are formed folds. After some time, they disrupted the process of smoothing, which leads to the formation of wrinkles.
In most cases, such problems are striking:
- the bridge of the nose,
- upper lip,
- the corners of his eyes and the bridge of the nose.
That is why Botox injections are usually performed in the forehead, eyebrows and entire face. Also they often do in the armpit since using the substance to cope with excessive sweating.
In most cases, provided by intramuscular administration of Botox. As a result, the blocking signals between the active muscles of the face and motor nerve fibers. By injection possible to achieve attenuation of the activity of these muscles. The drug does not harm the muscles or nerve fibers.
The mechanism of action of substances is based on relaxation of facial muscles, with the result that it ceases to be actively reduced. This helps to smooth the skin’s surface.
The injections should be performed so that to maintain normal facial expressions. Because cosmetologists drug administered to facial muscles relaxed, but not completely stopped working.
Indications and contraindications
The main indications for the use of Botox injections include the removal and smoothing of wrinkles.
These include the following:
- horizontal wrinkles on the forehead;
- oblique wrinkles in the nose;
- noticeable nasolabial folds;
- low or upturned eyebrows;
- vertical creases between the eyebrows;
- wrinkles in the neck area.
Botox injections can be performed to treat hyperhidrosis, which can occur in the form of excessive sweating:
Often this procedure is performed for the non-surgical facelift. It is called Botox-lifting.
Despite the many positive aspects, Botox injections have certain contraindications:
- the use of antibiotics, anticoagulants, medicines containing calcium;
- myasthenia gravis;
- hypersensitivity to the product;
- drooping of the eyelid, the formation of fatty hernia in this area;
- severe forms of myopia;
age less than 18 years of age;
- menstruation and a few days before;
- diseases of the liver and the lungs;
- the rehabilitation period after surgical interventions.
- hemophilia and other blood diseases associated with the violation of its coagulation;
- cold sores on the lips.
The technique of introducing Botox injections
That procedure was completed successfully, it is necessary to prepare carefully. Botox injections are associated with certain limitations.
So, the day before the procedure is prohibited:
- the consumption of alcoholic beverages;
- to perform any movement in the slope;
- go for a massage, which takes place face down.
Before the procedure, you should refrain from the use of antibiotics and to eliminate the use of anticoagulants.
Despite the fact that antibiotics and Botox in principle are combined, they can exert mutual influence on efficiency of each other. For example, the tetracycline drugs can reduce the effectiveness of the procedure. The aminoglycosides provoke increased severity of paralysis of the muscles.
The use of anticoagulants may cause bruising in the area of injections. It is not dangerous for life, but for some time may reduce social activity of the patient.
After evaluation of indications and contraindications, the patient must give informed consent to the procedure.
The injection involves the following steps:
- On the face of the patient choose the areas in which an increased tone of the muscle tissue, which causes the appearance of wrinkles. These areas should be marked with a marker.
- In every area of the points mark the area of injection. These areas encircle circles with a diameter of 1.5 cm At a distance distributed medicine in the area of injection. The zone must be contiguous.
- The injection site is cooled by ice. Also they can handle the anesthetic drug.
- With the help of a special device to determine the penetration of the needle exactly into the muscle, and then administered the cure.
- In some situations, to extract the needle slightly press down. This helps to prevent bruising. Also sometimes doing a soft massage movements, otzivchivaya the drug from the eyes or other muscles. Because of this drug works only in necessary places.
- For half an hour, the patient should remain under medical supervision.
- The doctor should give recommendations for skin care after the injection.
Video: Alternative method
When you can see the result
The first symptoms of the muscle paralysis, which was introduced Botox, visible just a few hours after the procedure. The weakening of the contractions of the muscle tissue usually occurs 2-3 days after the injection. With this rate, the active ingredient penetrates into the nerve fibers.
The maximum effect of the procedure will be noticeable after 1-2 weeks of medication.
The rate of occurrence of such result depends on the administered amount of the botulinum toxin, the individual characteristics of the patient and his sensitivity to the ingredients of the medication.
The duration of the effect
The effect of injections ends after the formation of new synapses of the nerve endings with muscular tissue. Typically, this process takes at least 3-6 months.
Sometimes the performance procedure is stored for 1 year.
Indications for performing a new injection is the weakening action of Botox, in which you can visually see the contraction of facial muscles.
The main analogue to Botox is Dysport. Also this category includes such drugs as kseomin and myobloc. All these medications have slight differences because they are not interchangeable. To select a specific tool, you should consult a specialist who will prescribe the best option.
To make a choice between Botox and Dysport, it is worth considering the following features:
- Both drugs have a similar mechanism of action due to neuromuscular blocking muscle due to the activity of botulinum toxin.
- The Dysport contains less protein. This means that this drug will provoke the formation of fewer antibodies against the medication.
- Thanks to this feature Dysport has a higher duration of effect.
Frequently asked questions
You can do injections during pregnancy?
No, this period is considered a contraindication for performing this procedure.
What is more effective – the drug or hyaluronic acid?
These substances have different mechanisms of action. The introduction of hyaluronic acid injections in the field towards filling the gaps in the skin.
Is it possible to combine with antibiotics?
Injection better to do after 2 weeks after the use of antibiotics and other drugs.
What is forbidden after the procedure?
After the procedure it is undesirable to use strong coffee and alcoholic beverages. Also contraindicated spicy dishes, warming masks, Smoking. Doctors do not recommend to sunbathe, walk in bath or sauna. For 4 hours after a session it is not necessary to take a horizontal position or to massage the treated areas.
Is there any harm from the drug?
This drug is not harmful to health.
When the effect of the drug?
Botox starts to work in the first 3 days after its introduction. This effect increases for 3-4 months.
How often should I inject?
It’s recommended to make not more than 1 time per year.
Kseomin considered a means of last generation, which includes botulinum toxin. It has such advantages as minimal morbidity, the injection of a less dose, convenient storage conditions, etc.
Is there an Allergy?
In some cases, there is not an Allergy, but high sensitivity to the ingredients of the drug.
Where perform the injections?
The drug is administered in the region of the cluster of facial wrinkles.
What age is it acceptable to do?
The introduction of the drug there are no specific age restrictions. The exception is children because injections do not earlier than 18 years.
Effects, side effects, complications
In some cases, Botox injections provoke unwanted health effects:
- Pain at the injection site.
- Hemorrhage in the puncture area of the skin. Usually these effects appear when the equipment violation drug administration or the wrong skin care after the procedure. Also problems can be the result of insufficiently thorough preparations for the injection.
- Headache. This problem may be related to the introduction of a large number of the drug when having multiple areas of the face. This complication usually disappears a few days after the procedure.
The contact current component at the nearby muscles may cause a disruption of the normal activity of the eyelids, lips and other parts of the face.
In this case, there are such complications:
- paralysis of the muscular tissue of the Malar region can cause excessive salivation and drooping corners of the mouth;
- paralysis of the muscles around the eyes – leads to poor circulation and lymph drainage, which causes swelling under the eyes;
- a wrong injection in the area of the eyebrows is a cause of ptosis of the upper eyelid, where the eye can not normally be opened;
- excessive administration of Botox in the upper region of the circular muscle of the eye – can cause severe lifting of the eyebrows, which is accompanied by the formation of a surprised expression;
- paralysis of the muscular tissue of the larynx – can cause trouble swallowing;
- the penetration of the active substance on the eye muscles, which are in orbit – provoking diplopia and strabismus.
Improper execution of Botox injections with the use of an excess amount of medication provokes the emergence of mask-like faces. As a result the person loses the ability to Express emotions, to talk, to smile, to eat.
The causes a wide range of prices
The price of Botox injections may be different.
Unit of the drug is from 100 to 600 rubles. Because for 1 session you need to enter about 20 units, the difference is quite noticeable.
It is important to note that low cost may be a form of the pricing policy of the clinic. Sometimes, however, it demonstrates a lack of qualification or poor preparation quality.
Where to buy
Not to buy a fake, better to buy Botox for injections in modern medical center. There are well qualified and perform the procedure.
Botox injections help to cope with facial wrinkles and make the skin more smooth and beautiful. To avoid negative health consequences, it is very important to consult a qualified professional and properly prepare for the procedure.
Photo: Before and after