Botox injections in the forehead — prices, contraindications, reviews, how much units, before and after photos
Botox is the name of one of the types of botulinum toxin, which has the property of paralyzing the muscles and prevent their movement in order to avoid the appearance of facial wrinkles (e.g. wrinkles that appear because of the smile).
For cosmetic purposes is introduced in the following areas:
- on the forehead and eyes;
- the bridge of the nose;
- in the area above the upper lip;
- in the drooping corners of the mouth;
- chest area.
Also may be injected into the armpits to stop the sweating.
The essence of the procedure
The essence of this procedure is to pinpoint the introduction of Botox intramuscularly. Subsequently, botulinum toxin blocks the transmission of nerve impulses to the muscles responsible for facial expressions.
The active principle is a protein that temporarily prevents the release of substances responsible for the transmission of nerve signals, which ultimately leads to relaxation of the muscles at the injection site of the injection and wrinkles that have been caused by mimic activity.
After injection muscle atrophy does not occur, their blood supply is preserved, but some time after the activity is fully restored.
Thanks to its properties, it acts exactly in the place where it was introduced, but has an impact solely on wrinkles. Forehead wrinkles eliminates seamlessly and almost instantly.
Indications are the following factors:
- the appearance of «crow’s feet»;
- the appearance of wrinkles on the neck;
- wrinkles on forehead;
- glabellar wrinkles;
- the asymmetry of the face;
- the drooping corners of the lips;
- omission (ptosis) of the upper eyelid;
- excessive sweating in the underarms, palms, feet;
- correction of atrophy of the skin areas.
Video: botulinum toxin anti-wrinkle
Contraindications the following factors:
- pregnancy and lactation;
- hemophilia (blood incoagulability);
- reaction to the toxin;
- taking anticoagulants;
- allergic reactions;
- colds, fever;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- infectious diseases;
- the rehabilitation period after the plastic surgery;
- neuromuscular diseases.
How is the procedure
At the beginning of the procedure are indicated by the points, which will be introduced substance. The introduction is made by means of thin needles, therefore pain is minimized, however, if desired, it is possible to use anesthetics.
Before the injection, the patient is asked to frown or smile to make wrinkles more apparent, and then, removing the needle, injected the drug (in the skin are small doses of Botox).
The procedure ends and according to statistics, most patients tolerated it very well. The procedure lasts no more than forty minutes and depends on the number of points of injection.
Rehabilitation and recovery
To make the effect of the injection of Botox the most effective and to avoid negative consequences, we recommend the following:
- Within hours after the procedure, patient is advised to resort to active mimicry.
- In the first few hours no need to lie down or bend over.
- Do not RUB the injection site.
- If there is a feeling of discomfort, to the place of injection you can apply an ice pack.
- Within two weeks after the injection of Botox should refrain from going to the pool, sauna and Solarium. Also you should avoid prolonged exposure to the sun.
- It is not necessary to produce vaccinations, antibiotics and other drugs for two to three weeks.
- Within three weeks contraindicated pilling.
- Alcohol is contraindicated during the week after the injections.
- It is necessary to limit fluid intake in the first days to avoid swelling.
- Should drop from spicy and salty foods in the first three or four days.
What effect to expect
The most important issue for women who resort to Botox injections, is the question of what to expect in the end? And you can expect the following:
- Eliminate facial wrinkles on the face, neck and décolleté.
- Adjust the shape of the face, giving it the correct paths.
- Getting rid of facial asymmetry.
- Reduce sweating (feet, palms, underarms).
- Getting rid of migraines.
- Getting rid of facial spasms.
- Relaxation of the muscles.
Complications, effects after injection
The biggest danger that lies in the injections of Botox, is not following the rules.For example, Botox forehead and alcohol are incompatible. If there are contraindications, they need to tell the doctor. Moreover, Botox injections are necessarily done by the doctor in a certified and audited the clinic.
Complications after Botox injections in the forehead can be divided into two groups:
- Complications associated with a hit of Botox in the body.
- Complications associated with the violation conduct technology procedures.
Subsequently you may experience the following side effects:
- weakness and nausea;
- bump on forehead after Botox;
- redness and swelling in the places of injection;
- the uneven distribution of botulinum toxin in the muscle (this can cause asymmetry of the face);
- a split in the eyes;
- drooping of the lower eyelid;
- dryness of the eyes.
Usually these side effects go away themselves within a few days. Facial asymmetry is three to five months.
How much is Botox in the forehead? The cost of injections depends on the number of administered drug and on average is about 400 rubles for one unit of Botox. By the way, to achieve the desired result requires a course of treatments of three-four sessions with an interval of four to eight months. Thus, the cost of one treatment ranges from 6,000 to 15,000 rubles.
|Horizontal wrinkles of the forehead||1 400||40 min.|
|Wrinkles between the eyebrows||1 200||40 min.|
|Wrinkles in the outer corners of the eyes (crow’s feet)||1 300||40 min.|
|Drooping eyebrows (brow lift)||850||30 min.|
|The wrinkles on the back and wings of the nose||700||40 min.|
|Horizontal wrinkles of the forehead||1 600||40 min.|
|Wrinkles between the eyebrows||1 300||40 min.|
|Wrinkles in the outer corners of the eyes (crow’s feet)||1 400||40 min.|
|Drooping eyebrows (brow lift)||1 000||30 min.|
|The wrinkles on the back and wings of the nose||800||40 min.|
Frequently asked questions
How long does Botox on the forehead?
About six months depending on skin condition and characteristics of the organism.
How many units required?
80% of good results were achieved after the first treatment, however to consolidate the effect, you can do up to four.
It’s not dangerous?
No clinical studies conducted for many years, talking about safe injections of Botox with proper procedure.
How painful is the procedure?
Botox injections do not cause pain, because the injection is performed with thin needles, but with a high pain threshold it is possible to use anesthetics.
Not to spoil you my facial expressions?
No, because the effect of «freezing» of the muscles is after the procedure.
When will I be able to go to work?
In order to avoid side effects you need to follow some rules, but for the health of the patient they are practically not reflected. So, most importantly, avoid sunlight for the first few days and not to resort to active mimicry the first few hours after the procedure.
Before you do Botox?
Botox is used to eliminate fine wrinkles and signs of aging can appear at any age depending on the characteristics of the organism and life circumstances. Someone they can manifest in twenty years, someone at thirty. Botox can be done eighteen years old, and used or not to solve each.
Can I drink alcohol after the injection?
Alcohol is prohibited to be consumed within weeks after the procedure.
Video: Botox Injections to eliminate facial wrinkles
Whether there are analogues procedures
Main counterparts of Botox procedures are as follows:
- Dysport. It blocks the release of certain substances at the neuromuscular junction (acetylcholine), which leads to the relaxation of muscle spasms. Restore the transmission of nerve impulses leads to the formation of new nerve endings, and ultimately, wrinkles.
- Kseomin. This drug has some differences from Dysport and Botox. For example, it contains more substance albumin, making it more resistant to aggressive environmental factor. Indications for the use of the kseomina are the same indications as Botox. The number of procedures is individual, and the effect becomes noticeable after two weeks.
- Lantox. The action of this drug is based on the ability of botulinum toxin to inhibit muscle contraction. The muscles relax and the skin smoothes. Lantox helps to eliminate wrinkles, smooth the skin in the neck area and décolleté, as well as to adjust the shape of eyebrows and lips.
Photos before and after Botox injections in the forehead