Breast implants photo before and after, reduction, compression, double bubble, seams, vertical
The types of this operation
The purpose of the mammoplasty is to improve the appearance and shape of the breast.
The most common direction of the operation – increase bust by means of special implants.
Women often resort to mastopexy – the breast lift, particularly relevant this correction after breastfeeding and sudden weight loss.
The need for surgical correction of the bust can be caused and other reasons:
- congenital defects of the breast (e.g., asymmetry);
previously conducted operations on the breast (a mastectomy);
- defects areolas and nipples, etc.
Thus, there are following types of mammoplasty:
- Augmentation. In other words breast enlargement. Correction is carried out by different techniques: dental implants, lipofilling, etc.
- Reduction – breast reduction. Surgery is indicated for women with extremely large Breasts, when there is a physical and aesthetic discomfort. Can be combined with other methods.
- Mastopexy – breast lift. Allocate a circumareolar, vertical and anchor lift. May be performed after reducing glands or in conjunction with implants.
- Reconstruction of the breast. Runs at full or partial absence of the breast after previous surgery (mastectomy, removal of tumors).
- Correction of the areolas and nipples. Is carried out in the presence of pronounced defects of the nipple and the areola (areola).
Technique of mammoplasty is determined by a plastic surgeon at the initial consultation, and depends on the original condition of your Breasts and the volume of the defect.
Comparative table of characteristics
The table lists the different types of mammoplasty with a description of the indications and contraindications for surgery.
Vertical (a type of breast lift)
Augmentation (breast enlargement)
We should also make the most common type — reduction mammoplasty:
- Dissatisfaction of the patient with respect to the overly large bust;
- Physical and moral discomfort.
- Hypertrophy of the mammary glands;
- Posture and shortness of breath caused by a large bust size;
- Decreased sensation in the area of the chest;
- Dissatisfaction with the shape and volume of the glands;
- Congenital pathological condition in which one breast is significantly larger than the other.
- Excess body weight (obesity);
- Chronic cardiovascular diseases;
- Exacerbation of chronic diseases;
- Diabetes mellitus;
- The age of 18.
In addition, the operation may be contraindicated in the absence of the children, as after breast reduction, pregnancy and breast-feeding is not recommended. Otherwise, the results will come to «no.»
Video: the recommendations of the surgeon
How to look different types of mammoplasty photo
The main objective mammoplasty – the return of the breast forms and the attractiveness or improvement of mammary glands in accordance with the wishes of the patient.
The kind of Breasts on a pictures before and after mammoplasty depends on the initial state of the mammary glands, the techniques and skills of a plastic surgeon.
This is the most difficult type of mammoplasty.
The result of reduction mammoplasty in the photo as follows:
- the chest much raised;
- reduces the amount;
- excess skin and fat tissue are excised;
nipples are moved to the normal level.
The bust looks much more attractive and more aesthetically pleasing.
The end result depends on:
- the original volume and shape of their Breasts;
- the selected access points;
- individual characteristics of the organism and other factors.
The surgeon’s main task is the correct movement of the nipple – areola complex. This moment guarantees a good result.
The stitches are made after breast augmentation. They are located around the areola, down vertically to the fold under the Breasts, sometimes pass through the crease.
The scar remains visible, but is usually located in the area, which covers underwear. The most noticeable scar in the first six months after surgery, but over time it gradually brightens.
Vertical mammoplasty is the operation for breast lift. It is a fixation of the chest muscles at a higher level, thereby changing the shape of the bust.
Some women combine this type of correction with the increase of the glands with the help of implants.
After the vertical method, there is only one vertical seam, thereby providing a good aesthetic result. First, the cut will be clearly visible, but over time the scar will become white and merge with the skin.
To make the seams invisible will help methods of hardware cosmetology. But to resort to them only after the chest is fully restored.
Mastopexy aims at tightening the glands when they are slack with the adjustment of the shape, height and position of the nipples.
Depending on the degree of sagging there are several types of incisions.
An inevitable consequence of the operation – the presence of scars in places make incisions. They are easy to hide under clothing, and to make the scars are minimally visible, you can turn to the beautician.
After 5-6 months the scars fully heal and become inconspicuous white stripes.
As in the case with reduction mammoplasty, excision of skin is performed by means of a circular areola, a vertical and a horizontal incision.
After excision of the excess tissue, the surgeon models the bust, giving it a natural, conical shape.
The chest is lifted visually, becoming more accurate and supple, the nipples take the normal physiological position.
Before and after surgery
What are the complications
Breast implants is always connected with risk of complications, which may manifest as asymmetry of the glands, suppuration of, displacement of implants, etc.
No surgeon can guarantee 100% the absence of postoperative complications.
Asymmetry may occur in case of wrong choice of surgical tactics or in poorly reinforced inframammary fold. In some cases, the asymmetry is evident because of the weakness of the woman’s own tissue.
Asymmetry is not immediately. In the early days there is swelling of the glands, which decreases only after two or three months.
The results of mammoplasty does not assess wearing compression underwear. Asymmetry say, when less initial complications – swelling and bruising.
Signs of asymmetry:
- The difference of the left and right glands by size, shape, volume and location;
- Deformity of the areola.
Additionally, the asymmetry may be accompanied by:
- Redness or blue discoloration of the skin;
- Pain upon palpation of the glands;
- Internal inflammation with fever and chills.
Inflammation can cause local swelling: visually determined by the presence of bumps.
A slight asymmetry after the rehabilitation period can only be determined by measuring the distance from the areola to the handle of the sternum and lymph node folds.
Double bubble – one of the complications of mammoplasty (from the English phrase «double bubble» «double breast»).
This complication usually occurs after the installation of breast prosthesis, when implants and cancer do not form a single whole. In the end, implants are more rounded.
This complication may occur in different periods after surgery and is the result of improper administration of prosthetic or failure to comply with recommendations in the recovery period.
There may be a waterfall effect – runoff glands regarding implants. In this case, it is shown re-correction.
Complication presented in the form of accumulations of serous fluid or lymph in the mammary glands. Seroma is eliminated by introducing a thin cannula, re-operation is usually not required.
Symptoms of seroma:
- The changing shape of the glands;
- The increase in volume;
- Distortion circuits;
- Offset nipple;
- The formation of lumps;
- The tension of the skin;
- Redness of the skin;
- Formation of hematoma;
- Pain on palpation.
Ignoring these signs and untimely appeal to the specialist can cause the formation of fistulous. Through this channel the liquid drains out.
Capsular contracture is a rare complication that is characterized by hardening of the tissues around inserted implant.
The transformation of the fibrous membrane in pathological condition is evaluated on a four-stage scale Baker:
- 1 degree. The normal reaction to a foreign body. The area around the implant soft, healthy tissue looks no different. The capsule remains thin and elastic.
- 2 the degree. Sheath thickens, the edge of the prosthesis is well palpated, visual deformation does not manifest itself.
- 3 degree. The capsule is tight, the edges are well palpable. The implant emerges through the soft tissue. Observed deformation of the breast: asymmetry, appearance of bumps or dents.
- 4 the degree. The shell is very hard and inelastic. Deformation of the tissue is pronounced, there are painful sensations.
How to choose the right compression garment
A compression garment must meet certain requirements:
- to be comfortable;
- free (no compression);
- unobtrusive under clothing.
When choosing clothes you need to focus on the following factors:
- Composition. Should include elastane, natural and artificial fibers.
- Tactile feel. Underwear should be soft to the touch and soft.
- Appearance. Linen body contours and inconspicuous under clothing.
- Size. Quite free, but well supported bust.
Linen picks up, usually a plastic surgeon. Many clinics include the cost of compression sets in total cost of operation.