Burning in the chest after mammoplasty reasons why
Breast implants is a serious surgical intervention. Therefore, in the first few weeks after surgery, the patient may experience pain, burning sensation in the chest, accompanied by swelling.
Usually pain and burning sensation of moderate nature. Many women are worried about what are the symptoms the norm.
The first few days in the body is inflammation, which manifests itself as discomfort, swelling, pain and even burning sensation in the chest.
The main cause of the inflammatory process and its implications is a foreign body, which the body tries to reject.
As a result of these symptoms may be accompanied by fever up to 38 degrees.
Another cause of burning sensation in the chest, particularly around the nipples is insufficient space for the implant. The skin and other internal organs need to get used to the new dimensions.
Often within a few weeks of discomfort go away.
But sometimes, burning sensation in the chest after mammoplasty does not leave the patient even after three weeks when the most difficult rehabilitation period ends.
One of the reasons can be damage to nerve endings during the operation.
If in addition to burning the woman watches and other disturbing symptoms (persistent swelling, bruises, high temperature, strong sense of discomfort), it may indicate the occurrence of postoperative complications.
Video: the selection Rule of the implants
What complications occurs
In some cases, the burning sensation in the chest after mammoplasty can be associated with a number of complications.
Here they are:
- the offset or rupture of the implant;
- allergic reaction;
- the festering wounds.
Infection can be caused by failure to comply with elementary sanitary norms by the surgeon during the operation, or when the antiseptic treatment after surgery.
Harmful habits such as Smoking, can cause infection.
Nicotine slows the process of tissue regeneration due to the fact that the cells do not receive necessary quantity of oxygen. In this case, there is a greater risk of suppuration of wounds.
In addition to a strong burning sensation entered infection manifests itself other features:
- temperature higher than 38;
- jerking pain;
- the allocation of colorless or yellow fluid from the wounds;
- severe swelling;
- unbearable pain;
- discoloration of the nipple.
The displacement of the implant may cause discomfort and burning in the chest. A clear sign of the displacement is the loss of breast shape. It will happen maybe because of the very large size of the prosthesis or anatomical structure of the breast.
When you break the salt inplant expressed an obvious deformity of the breast. When you break the silicone implant in the form of bust they may not be displayed. The only complication detected with MRI.
In some cases, the patient may be allergic to the medications used, after surgery or on the implant itself, which is extremely rare.
Normally the surgeon conducting breast surgery, pre-determines the propensity to allergic reactions.
The formation of a large hematoma or seroma can lead to suppuration. The abscess has similar symptoms with the infection.
The patient, there is an intense burning sensation in the chest, discharge from wounds, temperature higher than 38, accompanied by vomiting and chills. In this case, you should immediately contact the doctor who did the operation.
Pain syndrome after mammoplasty every patient manifests itself in varying degrees. As said by the doctors: women with children experience less pain than those who have not yet become mothers.
But in some cases, are experiencing severe pain and parous patients. Her degree also largely depends on etiology of origin of pain. It can affect the location of the implant, its size.
According to some women in the postoperative period, the pain and discomfort is so strong that it seems his chest will burst.
When this discomfort can manifest itself on each breast in different ways: one of them can hurt more and the other less.
Severe pain, manifested with other symptoms, says about deviation from the norm and the occurrence of inflammation.
Swelling after mammoplasty can persists for three weeks, and sometimes for two or three months. After 21 days he is declining noticeably.
The first three weeks swelling can be accompanied by a feeling of squishing and cracking sounds in the region of the implant.
The reason for this is sandwiched trapped air in the chest pocket at the time of the transaction. Reasons for concern in this case is not, as in 1-2 weeks air usually resolves itself.
Persistent swelling accompanied by burning and discomfort in the chest may indicate some deviations. It is recommended to seek the advice of a plastic surgeon.
Burning in the chest after mammoplasty — norm or complication
Burning sensation in the chest is normal only during the first three weeks. Then the unpleasant and painful sensations can indicate the presence of complications.
If in addition to pain sensation, the patient has no other worrying symptoms, this may be due to physiological characteristics of the organism, which need more time to make the dentures stick.
For the first two months the woman may experience a tingling feeling or tingling. This is normal and due to the restoration of sensation in the nipples and mammary glands.
In rare cases, after the operation, the sensitivity is so increased, which causes a burning sensation in the chest from time to time.
The reason for this is nerve damage at the time of surgery. Unpleasant feeling can haunt for a few years.
A burning sensation accompanied by severe pain and fever (over 38 degrees) is an alarming symptom.
What to do
To speed up the process of regeneration and to get rid of uncomfortable feelings, after mamoplastia need to perform all the doctor’s orders exactly.
What not to do:
- remove the compressor linen;
- overheat in the sun;
- visit the beaches and Solarium;
- loading the shoulder girdle premature load;
- to smoke, to drink alcohol;
- raise the arms above the shoulders.
What to do:
- drink more fluids;
- to sleep only on the back the first 6 weeks;
- to take antibiotics for five days;
- for a couple of months to wear linen compressor;
- to be observed by the attending physician for six months;
- make a special massage or lymphatic drainage.
If burning and severe shooting pain is caused by infection that requires strong antibiotics.
In some cases, it shows the removal of the implants. A second operation can be performed only after a 6-month period.
When seroma the patient put the drainage and pumping the resulting liquid. Assigned to appropriate therapy. The formation of seroma is also associated with risk of re-operation.
If the burning sensation in the chest caused by trauma to the nerves, then the recovery will take significant time while the damaged cells are not reabilitarea.
If the damage of nerve cells and the presence of shooting pain with severe burning, it is necessary to implement the following measures and procedures:
- a course of physiotherapy with the use of a local anesthetic;
- easy massage the entire breast;
- receiving sedative medication;
- retromammary blockade (in some cases);
- observation of the surgeon until 6 months after surgery.
Show how to properly do massage, have the surgeon who performed the surgery. The tactics of implementation will depend on the localization of the implant (under the muscle or gland).
In addition to massage, the patient should be assigned to a short course of electrophoresis (2-3 treatments) with the use of lidocaine or procaine.
Retromammary blockade is assigned in rare instances when the patient requires strong pain meds.
Can I take painkillers
The pain medication the first time is vital.
For the first two days after surgery, the patient needs to take medication relieves pain and burning every four to six hours.
Painkillers help a woman to quickly return to normal life.
If an uncomfortable feeling for several months, it is necessary to consult a specialist who may prescribe pain medication.
When you need to see a doctor for help
If pain medications do not give the desired effect, burning sensation and pain accompanied by redness and fever above 38 degrees, should immediately contact the surgeon.
These symptoms are the first signs of wound infections.
In any case, if the pain does not pass after three weeks, you should see a doctor.
To avoid possible complications of mammoplasty, which are accompanied by painful sensations should adhere to the following guidelines:
- Surgery should only be performed by a highly qualified specialist. Surgery performed by an experienced physician will reduce the risk of injury to the nerve branches and the appearance of other unpleasant consequences.
- To stop the choice on high-quality prostheses that have been tested and were made popular by the manufacturer.
- To give up Smoking for the first two to three weeks after mammoplasty. Failure to observe this recommendation may lead to serious complications.
- Take only those antibiotics that the doctor prescribed in appropriate dosage and for the intended course. Failure to observe this basic rule may lead to infection, suppuration of wounds, and other unfortunate consequences.
- To wear a compression garment during the period, certain plastic surgeon.
- To abandon a visit to the baths, Solarium and swimming pool for rehab.
- Not to hard exercise, especially paired with the load on the shoulder girdle for several months. Failure to follow this advice often leads to confusion of the implant, the opening of joints and the formation of complications such as seroma or hematoma. When the patient can return to physical activities prescribed only by a doctor.
- To take more liquid in form of water. This will accelerate the process of tissue regeneration.
- To do breast massage. Massage helps to rehabilitate nerve endings.
- To sleep only on the back of the first 1.5 months.
The rules will reduce the risk of complications to a minimum. When the first signs of a burning sensation and severe pain, and timely consultation of a doctor is extremely necessary.
Only a specialist will be able to identify the causes of the discomfort and will give the necessary advice.