Callus after rhinoplasty — the bridge of the nose, as clean as it looks
What it is
One of the complications of rhinoplasty is the appearance of a hypertrophic callus. But not so simple.
In fact, the appearance of such blisters the body reacts to tissue damage by virtue of their enormous compensatory possibilities.
Buildup in the place of surgical intervention excessive bone fibers and is a body’s response to injury.
Callus is the result of regenerative processes, its occurrence is due to the natural regeneration of bone tissue after its destruction.
Not to be confused with regular corn, for example, on the toe and a callus is a completely different education.
Is corn of connective tissue that appear in the fusion of bones. That is, this corn, in fact, always formed, and this is a normal process.
It is important to avoid the appearance of overgrown corn.
For the body such corn is not dangerous, but it also needs to be treated to prevent more serious complications, the appearance of pain syndrome.
Important point: overgrown corn may significantly deform the appearance that completely negates the result of the operation.
Stages of formation:
- At first (within 7 days) after rhinoplasty is formed provisory corn.
- Then formed of the bone or the cartilage the osteoid tissue.
- The formation of callus occurs in the period up to 6 months.
The timing of the formation depends on such factors as:
- qualified and timely medical assistance;
- the value of the damaged bone;
- the age of the patient;
- the General condition of the patient: characteristics of metabolic processes,
- the nervous system and glands of internal secretion.
Callus is of these types:
- parietalna ;
Briefly about each:
- Parietalna — appears on the outer part of the bone. Has a good blood supply, and, accordingly, is characterized by rapid regeneration.
It is expected by the surgeons and formed a small seal at the fracture line. This so-called «good» corn, which should appear, otherwise the bone won’t mend.
It performs the function of a living glue that holds the bone fragments and enables growth of new bone.
Corn intermediary holds the bone fragments, filling the space between cells and vessels
- Endotelina – formed from bone marrow cells and angosta, appears next to bone marrow valve.
- Parassala is a «bridge» for wreckage of the bone tissue, it is soft fabric, easy collapsing even under not so heavy loads.
This type of corn is poor, and surgeons during rhinoplasty by all means trying to prevent its formation.
Type of corn depends on the areas of concentration of fracture and the individual properties of the organism, the ability to regenerate tissues.
Video: Technique of surgical intervention
In the basis of the occurrence of callus are the special properties of the bone tissue that is different from other organs and systems peculiar to the flow of a process of healing and recovery.
The process consists of the following:
- the formation around the damaged portion of connective tissue;
- the formation of bone tissue in the form of fine fibers;
- is calcification of the fibers, resulting in strengthening of bone tissue, soft tissues are replaced by bone. Then, in the fusion of bone tissue formed by the growth, the size of which depends on the depth of the injury being experienced by the bone and surrounding tissue, ability of the patient to regenerate tissue is an individual property.
Based on the above, among the reasons for the emergence of callus after rhinoplasty are the following:
- the body’s ability to rapidly restore bone tissue;
- skill of the plastic surgeon: experienced professionals have
- developments, the application of which the vast majority of prevents hypernatraemia bone fibers.
Important point: callus after rhinoplasty can develop only when during the operation, broken bone tissue, that is, subjected to correction of the bone structure.
Most often this happens after removal of the hump on the bridge of the nose and in the nose reshaping.
Photo: Before and after surgery
How to remove callus after rhinoplasty
Hypertrophied callus growth can lead to:
- a bump on the nose, deformity of nose;
To get rid of the callus there are several methods:
- operation (though relatively rarely assigned);
- treatment with medicines.
Removal of callus are shown in the extreme case, if other methods are not effective.
Also surgical intervention is indicated in case of:
- high body temperature;
- hyperemia, edema.
To prevent hypertrophic callus used drugs, having in its composition of glucocorticoid hormones, removes swelling and promotes rapid healing of tissues:
- the drug «Diprospan», is introduced by injection, subcutaneously, improves the ability to scarring, reduces inflammation, swelling;
- preparation «Kenalog» is an intramuscular injection, has a pronounced anti-inflammatory effect;
- a homeopathic preparation of complex action «scars», applied topically (ointment) and internally (drops, tablets).
As a result of physical therapy (although long-term treatment) could enhance the regeneration and gradual resorption of corn:
- used electrophoresis using drugs hydrocortisone and hyaluronidase;
- ultrasonic influence with use of steroid ointments, phonophoresis;
- magnetic therapy, UHF;
- heat therapy (thermotherapy).
The main measures of prevention of callus after rhinoplasty are:
- strict implementation of the recommendations of the doctor during the rehabilitation;
- urgent appeal to the doctor when you experience the initial signs and symptoms of callus;
- the optimal choice of clinics and qualified professional for rhinoplasty. The operation is common enough, has a relatively small value, so it is important to navigate among all the proposals to select the best option, not tempted by the price lower than usual.
To prevent calluses, and excessive swelling and other complications, you must follow the simple rules:
- the doctor recommends that the first 2-3 days to stay in bed – don’t ignore this requirement, because it will have a positive impact on your health, and ultimately on the result of the operation;
- in the postoperative period for at least two weeks should be at home, to avoid heavy physical exertion;
- not to vyskakovaci nose the first two weeks (to clean the nose use special sticks);
- not less than a month to go to the beach, sauna, Solarium, and to avoid excessive overheating of stay in the sun for a long time;
- not to engage in power exercises, not to carry weight for 2 months;
- during the rehabilitation period do not need to wear glasses (pressure on the nose);
- deleted as being too cold and hot food and drinks, food to take warm.
Don’t be afraid of bruising after surgery.
Noted: the concentration of a small amount of blood in the region of osteotomy as a result gives rise to the formation of «positive» callus that binds the bone for 7 to 10 days, in connection with the use of the plaster bandage will not be necessary.
Hypertrophic callus after rhinoplasty appears not too often. At the first signs of her need to go to the doctor, and then there is a chance to remove the corn without surgery.
Because the second operation does not always guarantee that the occurrence of callus will not arise again.