Complications after liposuction of the abdomen, radio-frequency, laser, injection
Complications after stomach liposuction is quite common, which can be avoided by adhering to a set of rules. Let us consider in more detail what can be complications after liposuction and what you need to do.
What is operation
Liposuction is a surgical operation to remove excess fat from different parts of the body and further correction. It can be carried out for both men and women.
Today there are several types of liposuction, each of which can cause certain complications.
Before the agreement on carrying out the surgical procedure it is important to become familiar with the following contraindications to liposuction:
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding.
- Patient age of eighteen.
- Patient age older than 65 years (in this period, the person weakens all body systems, which increases the risk of complications).
- The clotting of blood.
- Intolerance to certain medications or anesthesia.
- And congestive heart failure.
- Diseases of the blood.
- HIV infection.
- Skin lesions at the proposed site for the operation.
- Renal failure.
- Hepatitis and other liver disease.
- Chronic pathology.
- Acute viral disease.
- Acute respiratory disease (influenza, SARS).
Usually, the complications after liposuction of the abdomen occur for the following reasons:
- Failure to comply with a patient’s preoperative or postoperative medical recommendations.
- Violation of the rules of asepsis doctor during liposuction surgery or during rehabilitation (with dressings).
- Surgery there are strong contraindications of the patient.
- General debility of the human immune system.
- Excessive pumping of grease, which led to disturbances in soft tissues, blood flow, etc.
- Surgery inexperienced surgeon who did not comply with the precise technique of liposuction.
The likelihood of
According to the statistics and research of scientists, there is a likelihood of complications:
- swelling of soft tissues – 2% of cases;
- seroma or fluid accumulation is 1.4 %;
- the emergence of chronic pain — 1 %;
- the appearance of hypersensitivity at 2.3%;
- development of a hematoma was 0.8 %;
- the appearance of necrosis in the operated area is 0.5%.
Moreover, the risk of developing the above complications increases in the presence of various pathologies in a patient.
Manifest as common adverse reactions
Most often the common side effects develop in the first hours after surgery, when the patient is out of anesthesia and regain consciousness.
He can feel:
- nausea and other symptoms after anesthesia.
Fear of such symptoms is not necessary, as they are the norm and will take place after the introduction of painkillers.
All that is required from the patient is to report your condition to your doctor, who will select the right product.
As for more serious complications (bleeding, hematoma, etc.), they may occur some days later. The doctor will operate on the basis of observed symptoms. Thus, treatment of complications to be carried out in each individual case differently, depending on the complexity of the patient’s condition.
Common adverse reactions include possible complications:
- Blood loss.
- Pulmonary embolism.
- The fat embolism syndrome.
Blood loss can happen during liposuction, the surgeon will drain the fat and accidentally damage the vessel, which lies close to the adipose tissue. It is important to know that if you delete a small amount of fat, the risk of bleeding is minimal.
Moreover, even if a person will lose up to 0.5 liters of blood, he did not threaten, as it is a safe indicator, not threatening to health and life.
If the patient during liposuction is opened heavy bleeding, then the doctors it is advisable to stop the procedure, otherwise the person after her can develop anemia, brain ischemia, circulatory disorders of the heart and other dangerous conditions.
For this reason, people with blood diseases or violation of its coagulation is strictly forbidden to perform this surgery because it can cause excessive bleeding.
Naturally, liposuction anesthesiologist continuously monitors the heart, blood pressure, saturation of blood oxygen, etc., so even the slightest changes in the body will be immediately fixed.
Tromboembolia the pulmonary artery is a rather rare complication that can occur in the formation of thrombus and its subsequent movement through the lumen of the pulmonary artery.
To identify this complication can high blood pressure and pneumonia. In more severe cases, the patient will not be able to breathe, that when not treated in time ends with his death.
Most thromboembolia develops in the first days after surgery.
In most cases, it appears these groups of people (they are more predisposed):
- People with excessive body weight (obesity 2 and 3).
- Patients with varicose veins.
- People who before surgery took illegal drugs, particularly diuretic drugs.
- Patients with age older than 60 years.
Fat embolism syndrome
This complication is even more rare than the above. It occurs in 1-3 days after liposuction.
Typically, fat embolism syndrome is localized in the anterior part of the abdominal cavity. In most cases it appears during an extensive liposuction of the abdomen, when a man pumped a large amount of adipose tissue.
The syndrome embolism occurs when it enters the patient’s bloodstream small fat droplets that are larger than 6 microns.
While a person clogged blood vessels microthrombuses and develop in the brain, kidneys, heart and blood vessels. This in turn can lead to serious hemorrhaging and a violation of the General circulation.
This complication occurs in the early stages rather sluggish. The symptoms can be erased, not pronounced. For this reason, usually a fat embolism is diagnosed already in a ruinous state, when a person requires serious medical treatment.
Photo: looks Like a positive result
Local manifestations (those that are visible externally) include such possible complications:
- swelling of tissues;
- suppuration in region of the wound surface;
- cosmetic defects of the silhouette.
Data complications after liposuction. Consider each of them in more detail.
Hematoma usually develops due to excessive accumulation of blood in the soft tissues. Happen when there is insufficient stopping of blood during surgery.
Evident hematoma on the second or third day after surgery. Sometimes it can «show itself» only ten days later (with deep hemorrhages).
This complication requires surgical treatment, since in most cases the accumulated blood itself is not resolved. However, it can also cause additional symptoms as severe pain and fever.
Seroma may develop on the second day after liposuction.
She appears for the following reasons:
- damage during the surgery, vessels of the lymphatic system, causing tissue begins to accumulate fluid;
- the introduction of a too large number of special Klein’s solution, which is needed for processing of the operated area.
Seroma requires both medical and surgical treatment, especially in more advanced cases.
Swelling of tissues
Tissue swelling is a standard postoperative phenomenon, without which, unfortunately, it is impossible to do. It develops when trauma to the soft tissues.
If the patient will be on bed rest, the swelling will subside after a few days without additional medications.
Necrosis or death of parts of the skin develops when improper operating technique, the surgeon severely damages the vessels, causing them to cease to krovosnabjaemah and the skin dies.
Necrosis is manifested in the form of blue skin and loss of its sensitivity.
Necrosis should be cut, since the conventional treatment of medication is not efficient and long lasting.
Suppuration in region of the wound surface
Suppuration in the operated area appears due to the ingress of pathogenic bacteria into the wound during liposuction or already with dressings.
Symptoms of such complications are:
- the appearance of purulent discharge from the wounds;
- the increase in body temperature;
- the pain in the wounds.
The abscess is treated with antibiotics, which need to prick the person not less than ten days in a row so they can suppress the activity of infection.
Also recommended several times a day to make the dressing, wash the wound with antiseptic solutions, and also make bandages with salves.
Numbness occurs when damage to the nerves during liposuction.
In this state, a person may suffer from hypersensitivity of the operated tissues, or else completely to lose it (to stop feeling the touch to the operated area).
This complication is quite badly treated. As a rule, sensitivity is itself a few months later, however, sometimes it remains unchanged.
Pigmentation is a rather unfortunate consequence of liposuction, the cause of which is not yet known. Most likely, this is explained by the individual characteristics of each organism.
Symptoms of are the appearance of pigmentation on the patient’s skin, various discolorations and stains.
Glad that the pigmentation is quite rarely seen.
Cosmetic defects silhouette
To possible cosmetic defects of the silhouette are:
- the appearance of the tuberosity of the body;
- the violation of the General proportionality of the body;
- sagging of the skin.
Each of these complications appears in their causes:
- The appearance of the tuberosity of the body can occur when the medical error during the operation or when the patient does not comply with aftercare rules about wearing special compression underwear.
- Violation of the proportionality of the body can occur when excessive pumping of fat, the appearance of edema or other complications from one side of the abdomen, which never slept till the end. Usually the condition persists even after several months.
- Sagging skin after the surgical procedure can occur when excessive pumping of fat. When this happens not only with liposuction of the abdomen, but also in the correction of the shoulders, buttocks and legs.
To eliminate such a disadvantage can be surgically or physical activity that will contribute to «utgivna skin».
Complications associated with excessive amount removed during liposuction fat
Modern doctors believe that over time, you can pour no more than 1 l of fat, otherwise, otherwise, there may occur unwanted complications.
When pumping two or more liters of fat the patient may manifest the following effects:
- heavy blood loss;
- infringement of lipid exchange;
- loss of elasticity of the skin;
- the appearance of disorders in the blood vessels;
- the risk of necrosis;
- the risk of loss of sensitivity.
To prevent development of unwanted complications, you must follow the doctor’s recommendations:
- A week before the liposuction necessary to undergo these diagnostic procedures:
- urinalysis and blood;
- pregnancy test for women;
- analysis of blood clotting;
- examination by a therapist and neurologist.
These actions are necessary to prevent the detection of various diseases, which may preclude surgery. If the person has revealed any pathology, it is best to postpone surgery and did not take it.
- Two weeks prior to the procedure to refuse bad habits (Smoking, alcohol).
- Fourteen days to go on a healthy diet to boost the immune system. It is also important to abandon the use of sweet and fat, as these products will contribute to the development of inflammation after surgery.
- For the bottom weeks before the procedure should take any drugs that can disrupt blood clotting.
- Liposuction can not be carried out during menstruation in women.
- It is important not to be nervous before surgery, as stress can trigger increased pressure during the procedure, which threatens additional risks.
In addition, after liposuction it is important to follow these tips to prevent complications:
- At least three weeks is necessary to abandon any physical activity, especially weight lifting, sports and tilt, as this may contribute to the discrepancy between the joints and the formation of edema.
- Must-carry compressor lingerie within two weeks after the procedure. It will relieve swelling and pain.
- Even after discharge home should be daily to treat the wound with antiseptic solutions.
- It is advisable to avoid taking hot baths, steam baths and Solarium for six months after surgery.
It is also very important to correct your diet, as otherwise the whole effect of liposuction may be lost in the first year after the conference (will return extra pounds).
To save the «new» figures should abandon the use of such products:
- fatty meats (pork, duck);
- oily fish;
- hot spices;
- white bread;
- heavy cream;
- sauces, especially mayonnaise;
- salted fish.
The basis of the diet should be the following products:
- vegetable soups;
- boiled meat and fish;
- fruit compotes;
- dried fruits;
- dairy products (cheese, yogurt, fermented baked milk);
- rye bread;
It is also desirable to adhere to such rules of nutrition:
- All dishes should be boiled or steamed.
- Not eat three hours before bedtime.
- Breakfast should be the most dense, lunch average, and dinner is easy.
- A day should be 3-5 meals and two snacks of fruits or nuts.
- It is impossible to go hungry but overeating is also prohibited. Portions should be small.
- A day you need to drink at least two liters of water.
- To satisfy hunger, you can drink warm tea or eat nuts. Seizing the hunger for sweets is not recommended.
- You should minimize the amount of alcohol salt and sugar. At first it may be unusual, and the food will seem tasteless, but over time people will get used to it and begin to experience the true taste of food.
Typical mistakes to patients
Most patients make the same mistakes before the surgery or after it.
Such errors are:
- Agreement for the operation in the presence of chronic disease or any other contraindications. During liposuction a person may be ill, he may be a long time to heal the wound, occur different complications, etc.
Because of this, you need to know that if there is a complication, then the operation can not be done.
- Conducting multiple liposuctions to lose weight. However, some women and men think that such an operation is the same as ordinary cosmetic procedure that go unnoticed.
Actually all is far not so, because liposuction is a real surgical operation, which is conducted under General anesthesia, and effects on health.
If you do it, the fabric will be greatly damaged and injured. This increases the risk of complications.
- Pumping too much fat can lead to the ingress of infection, the appearance of wrinkles on the skin and bleeding.
- Refusal to comply with bed rest and physical exertion can seriously affect the condition of the patient, and not for the better. For this reason, even if you feel fine, for two months after surgery, do not engage in active physical activities.
- The return to a normal diet in a short period of time «will wash away» all result from the operation.
- Refusal to wear compression underwear.
- The irregularity of wound care in the home will quickly lead to zagnoenie seam.
- The Solarium can lead to the development of hyperpigmentation.
Liposuction is a complex procedure, which has many nuances. For this reason, you should think carefully before its implementation.