Contraindications to blepharoplasty — upper eyelids, indications for, bottom, transconjuctival
Blepharoplasty is an effective procedure that will help to resolve many esthetic problems. However, this intervention can be carried out not always. So what are the contraindications for blepharoplasty exist today?
What it is
This term is commonly understood surgical correction of the eyelids, which is held to fight the overhanging skin folds. In addition, with the help of blepharoplasty can be solved easily so-called effect of bags under the eyes.
With the help of surgical correction of the upper and lower eyelid fails to get rid of excess skin and remove fatty education.
Currently, blepharoplasty is considered to be one of the most common interventions conducted on the face. That is why experts suggest various methods of correction of age that allow you to change the shape of the eye, to deal with aesthetic defects and age-related changes.
Usually, blepharoplasty is done by people over the age of 35. However, if necessary, do the procedure and younger patients.
How to determine that you cannot do the operation
To identify contraindications to blepharoplasty of the eyelids, doctors prescribe a number of tests and examinations.
First and foremost, the specialist must collect the medical history of the patient, which includes the following information:
- data regarding the life and health of the person transferred disease;
- pathology who underwent immediate family members.
- lifestyle, bad habits;
- the presence of allergic reactions to medications.
Equally important is assessment of the respiratory, digestive, nervous, excretory system. You should also define the features of functioning of the heart and blood vessels.
Examination before surgery is important not only for the surgeon and for the anesthesiologist. Some diseases can not be combined with anesthesia, so the doctor must be informed about them.
To identify serious pathology of the internal organs, the doctor prescribes a person a number of tests and diagnostic procedures. This will help to assess the functioning of his body and to choose the right tactics of the operation.
To assess the state of the age, adhere to the following plan:
- the amount of excess skin on the eyelids;
- the presence of drooping eyelids, which is caused by congenital abnormalities or age-related changes;
- determination of the depth of wrinkles, pigmentation and other defects;
- the condition of the cartilage of the century;
- the presence of excess adipose tissue in the area of the eye sockets.
To determine the overall state of women’s health, conducted the following studies:
- General analysis of blood. For this it is taken from the finger. Thanks to this study cannot determine inflammatory processes in the body, the presence of tumors of the malignancy, clotting of blood, the preparedness of the organism to combat infections.
- The General analysis of urine. Thanks to this study able to define infectious lesions of the kidneys and bladder. It also allows you to identify inflammation of these organs.
- Biochemical analysis of blood. Using biochemistry, the doctor can detect diabetes, disorders of blood coagulation, problems in the functioning of the kidneys, assess the condition of the pancreas and to detect diseases of the liver and biliary tract.
- A blood test for hepatitis, HIV, syphilis.
- Inspection of the anesthesiologist. Surgical intervention cannot be carried out without anesthesia and therefore in the preparatory phase required the consultation of a specialist. The doctor will determine the safest type of anesthesia depending on the patient’s health status.
- Electrocardiogram. This procedure helps to assess the condition of the heart and vessels.
- Chest x-ray. It can help to exclude tuberculosis and other serious disorders in the lungs. With its help you can also examine the mammary glands and the skeletal system.
Non-specific contraindications to blepharoplasty include the following:
- of blood clotting;
- the use of anticoagulants;
- a history of heart attack or stroke;
- arterial hypertension;
- hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism;
- retinal detachment;
- serious violations in the work of the heart and blood vessels;
- complicated forms of diabetes mellitus – the disease affects wound healing;
- malignant tumor formation;
- immune deficiency syndrome;
- systemic disease, in particular lupus erythematosus;
- complex forms of somatic pathology;
- chronic renal failure and liver;
- menstruation – the operation is forbidden before critical days and for 4-5 days after.
Also, there are specific contraindications, which do not allow for this intervention:
- inflammation of the eyelids;
- graves ‘disease – this term is called graves’ disease;
- Sjogren’s syndrome – it is understood as dry eye syndrome.
- violations of the structure of the eyelids, which are combined with defects of the orbital walls;
- deep scars in the temple area;
- complicated form of myopia is surgery can cause lagophthalmos;
- glaucoma – in this case, there is a risk of postoperative hematoma and even the development of blindness;
- infectious lesions of the orbital zone;
- blepharochalasis is a severe swelling around the eyes;
- inflammatory lesions of the lacrimal ducts and glands;
- inflammation of the eye, acute and chronic in nature.
Contraindications to blepharoplasty
It is important to note that bans on surgical intervention also depend on the variety of procedure.
In this case, the upper eyelid is cut in the natural folds of your eyes. It is done that way to make a postoperative scar less noticeable.
In some cases, may be held manipulation to reposition the lacrimal gland or tightening of the muscle tissue.
If necessary, the surgeon cuts fat hernia. Excess skin is removed by excision of a fusiform piece of skin.
Contraindications to blepharoplasty of the upper eyelid is basically the same as for other types of intervention.
Specific prohibitions include inflammatory lesions, which are localized in the upper eyelid.
In the area of the lower eyelid, make thin incisions directly below the lash. Through them, the doctor performs the separation of adipose tissue and muscle, removes excess fat, trims the weak skin. After that, the incisions are stitched through cosmetic seams.
This intervention has General contraindications.
Special restrictions is the presence of inflammation and other lesions of the lower eyelid.
If the area of the lower eyelid you want to get rid of fat hernias can be transconjunctival blepharoplasty is performed.
In this case, the incision is performed on the inner part of the eyelid.
A contraindication to this operation, in addition to the usual prohibitions, is not sufficiently high elasticity. Therefore, it is conducted only for young people.
Laser blepharoplasty is a modern alternative to a classic intervention. That is why it is becoming more popular. This method helps to cope with wrinkles, bags under the eyes, eliminate sagging skin and crow’s feet.
Currently, there are 2 main varieties of this procedure:
In the first case applies the same principle as in normal operation. However, instead of a scalpel in this situation, a beam. The second procedure involves impact exclusively on the surface of the epithelium.
In any case, the contraindication to the use of laser treatments is the following:
- inflammatory lesions;
- the presence of malignant tumors;
- predisposition for keloids.
Video: doctor’s Consultation
What to do if not to carry out surgery
In some cases, surgery is sufficient to postpone for a certain time. For example, if a contraindication is pregnancy or lactation, you can wait until the end of such period to proceed with surgical correction of the eyelids.
If to remove the contraindication is not possible, will have to look for alternative methods of correction of age.
Among the most secure methods of elimination of aesthetic defects can be attributed to cosmetic products:
- Protective creams. The main component of such means are considered to be antioxidants. They serve as protection against aggressions and help prevent the appearance of wrinkles.
- Creams with vitamin A. these funds are recommended to use after 35 years. They are well tighten the skin and cope with small wrinkles. However, sometimes this makeup causes allergies.
- Creams with collagen. Such funds are considered to be sufficiently effective. The fact is that collagen is too large molecules that cannot penetrate into depth of skin.
- Gels containing hyaluronic acid. These funds are suited to age-related changes. The main component is of natural origin and therefore almost does not cause allergies. However, due to surface impact of the acid is not too high efficiency.
Another good alternative to blepharoplasty are hardware methods that have a lot of advantages:
- low trauma;
- greater accuracy;
- the absence of pain;
- high efficiency;
- no need for hospitalization;
- the lack of rehabilitation period.
To hardware methods of correction of appearance include the following:
- Ultrasound SMAS-lifting – helps eliminate wrinkles by stretching the skin.
- Thermage – is the impact of radio waves on the deeper layers of the epidermis, which promotes skin tightening.
- Radio-wave lifting – RF waves penetrate into the deeper layers of the skin, which ensures the activation of collagen production.
In addition, align the skin to help the injection of drugs that contain hyaluronic acid. Through this it is possible to quickly achieve anti-aging effect and eliminate wrinkles.
Despite the fact that blepharoplasty has a high efficiency, this procedure has a lot of contraindications.
In order not to harm their health, it is very important to carefully prepare for the operation and pass all required tests.
If in the process of the survey will be revealed pathology, will have to look for alternative solutions.