Contraindications to breast implants — after, when
Mammoplasty is a common surgical procedure on the Breasts, change their shape or size.
Annually in the world be held up to a million of such interventions. Often women turn to the surgeon to enhance the breast.
The modern prosthetic breast made of silicone, and they are of high quality, and a variety of sizes and shapes of implants to achieve a beautiful and natural breast shape.
Mammoplasty also includes:
- the endoprosthesis. In this case, using silicone implants to restore the shape and volume of the breast;
- memorably. Reduction and improved shape too large or saggy Breasts;
- mastopexy. A breast lift, by removing excess skin and lifting the areola to a higher position.
There are a number of indications for mammoplasty.
The need for a change in breast shape may depend not only on the individual wishes of the patient associated with the aesthetic side.
In this case, the breast implants can get rid of serious problems.
The list of medical indications for such surgery include:
- ptosis (sagging of the breast while maintaining its size);
- macromastia (breast enlargement, while maintaining its elasticity up to a giant size, causing discomfort or physiological changes);
- injury in which is lost one or both Breasts, or parts thereof;
- mastectomy (removal of the mammary glands with the appearance of cancer tumors, of purulent inflammation or genetic predisposition to breast cancer);
- asymmetry of the breast;
- abnormal development of mammary glands;
- gynecomastia (excessive breast in males);
- congenital malformations of breast;
- replacement implants.
More and more surgeons are turning the women that change the shape of the breast is not a vital necessity.
Since there is no universal standard when the breast is too small or large, the definition is subjective for each woman.
Conventionally, to cosmetic indications for mammoplasty include:
- the need to restore the shape or size of the breast after pregnancy, breast feeding or sudden weight loss;
- postlactational involution of the mammary glands (to make the breast sizes are the same, because often, after breastfeeding one breast getting bigger than the other);
- micromastia (small breast size).
Contraindications to breast implants
There are a number of contraindications, which is not recommended to do breast surgery.
- patient age less than 18 years, because it needs to reach puberty;
- undiagnosed disease of the breast;
- any tumors in the mammary glands in a stage of incomplete treatment (removal of benign tumors, possibly concurrently with the mammoplasty);
- pregnancy, lactation incomplete or less than 6 months after the end of breastfeeding.
You need to remember:
- the increase in size of the breast, cannot prevent changes in the breast occur with aging, pregnancy, or sudden weight change of the patient;
- after removal of dentures for a variety of reasons, on the chest formed depressions and wrinkles which are due to the tissue defect is of a permanent nature.
As mammoplasty, is a surgical intervention, it is necessary to follow all recommendations of the doctor to avoid complications
Contraindications after surgery:
- to wash the chest can be no earlier than the seventh day after surgery, and in any case do not use a washcloth;
- on the second day after the operation the patient can go home, where for the first time, you need as much rest as possible and avoid straining hands;
- physical stress on the hands can be given no earlier than six months after surgery;
- to drive a car, you can return not earlier than two weeks after surgery;
- after surgery, the lower part of the chest is applied a special bandage that can’t be moved independently. It should make the medical staff;
- after removal of the dressing, the surface of the scar will be covered with a crust that should not be removed, in order to avoid damage to the seam. It will disappear independently;
- within two weeks after mammoplasty can not take a bath;
for the first time after surgery, do not sleep on your stomach;
- within one month after surgery can cause scarring creams or ointments without medical supervision;
- it is not necessary to remove the compression garment, prematurely.
Contraindications for mammoplasty, are the same as with other surgical procedures, but there are differences, because in most cases, this operation is not required.
Absolute contraindications to surgical intervention include:
- Allergy to the medication used for anesthesia;
- diabetes mellitus in decompensation or compensation;
- diseases in which impaired blood clotting or prolonged use of anticoagulants on the basis of aspirin;
- systemic connective tissue disease such as scleroderma or systemic lupus erythematosus;
- different types of immunodeficiencies;
- mental illness;
- severe chronic illnesses in state of decompensation;
- malignant neoplasms in the stage of incomplete treatment;
- acute diseases or chronic diseases in the acute stage, which indirectly can affect the operation.
What to do
Despite the large list of contraindications, refusal of plastic surgery to increase or change in breast shape may occur only 3% of cases.
The majority of patients, surgery can be performed if complete treatment of the underlying disease, or it is in remission at least six months.
Carriers of hepatitis C or HIV can have surgery for breast augmentation in that case, permitting the immune system and liver function is restored.
In order to make a decision, the patient must consult a doctor and get tested. And only after weighing all the factors to accept or reject the operation.
Prevention of complications
Complications can occur after any surgery, but often occur after breast augmentation with implants.
Conventionally, they are divided as follows:
- in the early (immediately after surgery);
- late (after one or two months after surgery).
They can also occur after a long period after surgery. It is therefore necessary to properly care for your Breasts and pay attention to the slightest change in breast shape or health.
Edema are all, without exception, and are associated with trauma to the tissue during surgery.
Take place over two weeks, and in order to avoid their long-term preservation should:
- to wear a compression garment during the entire period prescribed by your doctor;
- during the first month after the operation to abandon thermal procedures, namely the beach, baths or hot baths;
- limit physical activity until full recovery after surgery.
Before the implant is firmly fixed in the tissues, it can migrate.
In order to avoid this you need to:
- to use the compression garment;
- limit physical activity;
- to sleep on your side or back.
One of the serious complications after mammoplasty can be the abscess from getting into the wound pathogens. In order to avoid abscess, the doctor in the postoperative period prescribes antibiotics.
Frequently asked questions
Can breast implants look like the real thing?
Maybe you need to pick up an anatomically correct implants and a good surgeon who will be able to conduct the operation and not to increase the Breasts to too large sizes.
And then, to distinguish by touch or by eye, these mammary glands can only the surgeon.
Is it possible with silicone Breasts to fly in an airplane or scuba diving?
Quality implants have a lifetime warranty, so after the end of the rehabilitation period, in what itself not to limit.
In the first two weeks after surgery, one should still refrain from sudden changes in pressure, because in this period the tissue swelling and it can cause pain.
Is it possible after mammoplasty breast feeding?
. But after pregnancy and lactation, the Breasts may slightly change shape.
Are there non-surgical ways of breast enlargement?
Yes, there is a paramedical method, in which the breast is injected with a special gel or hyaluronic acid injections.
But, unfortunately, they are more dangerous than breast implants.
Gel frequently migrates, leading to deformity and inflammation. And after injection effect lasts no more than two years, although the procedure itself is much more expensive surgical intervention.
Is it true that implants can cause breast cancer?
If they are of good quality, the development of the disease it is in no way affected.
Breast cancer is a common disease and it can occur regardless of the presence of implants.
To mammoplastika went without complications, it is necessary with all responsibility approach to the selection of the plastic surgery clinic and a specialist who will carry out the operation.