Correction of the nipple (shape) and areolas — what it is, prices, photos before and after, reviews
The list of reasons why performed corrective surgery:
- asymmetric nipple placement, which was observed initially arose after plastic surgery or was the result of age-related changes of the breast shape;
- irregular contour of the nipples;
- thick nipples;
- stretched areola, which lose the usual round shape and stretched in one direction;
- excessively protruding nipples in women is the excess length of the nipple in men it is often «puffy nipples», in which an increase in the volume of the entire nipple-areola complex;
- inverted nipples;
- large diameter areolas;
- difficulty breastfeeding due to insufficient or excessive size of the nipple;
- damage to the nipple-areola complex as a result of injury or after plastic surgery, when necrosis develops, the displaced tissue, breast removal in cancer surgery.
For many any of the conditions listed, except for necrosis of the nipple and areola after surgery, it may seem not important enough to agree to plastic surgery. But there are those who perceive any deviation in the structure of his own body from the conventional standards of beauty as a serious problem, which significantly decreases self-esteem and quality of life.
In addition to purely aesthetic aspects of the problem, there are other aspects, such as feelings about that inverted nipples or not sufficiently convex, not misleading partner about the extent of sexual arousal, or fear of condemnation from others effeminate breast suffers from gynecomastia.
Because such an operation for many is the ability to eliminate the psychological discomfort caused by a cosmetic defect, to remove various constraints in a behavior that has evolved in time, to once again not show the disadvantage of others or your partner.
Under what reasons required this operation
Oddly enough, women with inverted nipples quite a large number. According to various estimates there may be up to 10%.
The reasons for the formation of the defect:
- innate characteristic;
- wearing bras of the wrong size or these models of bras, which significantly alter the shape of the Breasts during wear (the same pushpi, for example);
- retraction of the nipple inside the excessive connective tissue (scarring) that can occur after surgery or injury;
- breast cancer;
- abscesses and mastitis;
- the effects of developing gynecomastia (the development of feminine Breasts in men), and mastoptosis (breast ptosis with age in women);
- genetic pathology in which the retraction of the nipples is one of the symptoms of the underdevelopment of the external genitalia and insufficient functioning of the endocrine glands responsible for the secretion of sex hormones.
Video: Reducing the areola and nipple
On the specifics of operation of inverted nipple can be:
- hiding: the nipple appears above the surface of the areola during sexual stimulation during breastfeeding, and then disappears back;
- tightly drawn nipple: nipple never appears above the surface of the areola and becomes not only a cosmetic defect, but also the reason for the impossibility of breastfeeding.
During breast feeding the nipple usually appears above the surface of the areola half of those who have the nipple was flat or inverted. They are formed or because of the insufficient length of the beam ducts that go from the glandular lobules mammary gland or due to development of bundles of connective tissue that pull the nipple inward.
Depending on the causes of retraction of the nipple, there are different approaches to treatment. If the inverted nipple is a symptom of breast cancer, you have to treat the underlying disease. If this is an innate characteristic or a result of the development of ptosis of the breast, it will help plastic surgery.
- Correction of size and shape.
This includes any operations to increase, decrease, shape reconstruction, areola. One of the reasons for such operations may be so-called tubular breast, when not only the nipple but the whole areola rises above the surface of the skin of the breast.
- The formation of the areola to the new location.
As a rule this operation is carried out in cases when you have to restore the entire mammary gland removed for cancer. Another reason often become cases of necrosis of the nipple-areola complex after moving it to a new location during reconstructive operations on the mammary glands.
Options for correction of nipple
During the consultation the plastic surgeon should find out first whether his patient to breastfeed in the future. This criterion is largely fundamental in the choice of method of operation.
The first option with preservation of patency of the ducts. For this operation need special equipment such as a microscope, as it is necessary to remove the pull-in nipple connective tissue and do not damage the ducts.
- During operation, a small skin incision in the region of the areola.
- Through this incision cut the bands of connective tissue.
- Operating wound sutured.
Despite the use of high-tech devices, to completely eliminate human factor. The risk of damage to the ducts and the inability to breastfeed after surgery exists.
The second option. In this embodiment, the integrity of the duct is disturbed in any way. Therefore it is suitable only for those who are not planning on breastfeeding.
During the operation the nipple is cut down the middle to the base. From the base cut off the nipple ducts and connective tissue. Below the nipple left in the tissue, its base is additionally fixed with sutures. The two halves of the nipple are stapled together.
Reducing unnecessarily long or thick nipples
This version of the intervention in almost all cases leads to the impossibility of breastfeeding. The length of the nipple is corrected in two main ways.
The first method is the removal of the top of the nipple and suturing it to the remaining part.
The second method is the removal of the entire nipple. The upper part of the nipple back into place and sutured. In order to reduce the thickness of the nipples, apply the method of excision of one third of its thickness, the wound edges and suturing.
Correction bulging nipples in men
Bulging of the nipples is a symptom of gynecomastia. Breast enlargement in men may occur due to the fat, connective and glandular tissue. Because before you schedule the surgery to correct the cosmetic defect, the patient is sent for examination.
The main method of eliminating bulging nipples in men is liposuction, which is performed through small skin incisions. The surface area of the chest, which removes subcutaneous fat, much larger than the area of the breast.
The explanation for such a large volume of removed tissues simple. If you remove the glandular, connective tissue and fat only in the area of the breast, it can be formed a funnel-shaped recess at the place of operation.
Do not remove the glandular and connective tissue is impossible, as under the lobules of the gland remains large amount of fat and the result of the operation will be insignificant without removing this the deep fat. And connective tissue forms a constriction, which block fat cells and contribute to their preservation and growth even when the whole body is much thinner.
With the formation of connective tissue layers due to the fact that developed in adolescence gynecomastia may remain with men forever. In the end, in order to completely eliminate cosmetic defect in the form of puffy nipples and enlarged Breasts, to prevent the appearance of sunken areas in the breast after surgery, it is necessary to significantly expand the area where the surgery is performed.
At the same time with liposuction mastopexy may be performed in the presence of significant excess skin of the breast. And excision and removal of flank areas of pigmented skin, the areola to reduce the diameter of the nipple-areola complex.
Plastic form the areola
A very large section of plastic surgery: can only be corrected form of the areola, and can be carried out correction of the shape, size, position of the areolas along with the correct size and shape of their Breasts.
The diameter reduction
This operation is carried out independently, and performing other plastic surgery: mastopexy, breast augmentation implants, simultaneous breast lift and breast augmentation. Reduction surgery the areola is technically quite simple. It is done under intravenous anesthesia or under local anesthesia with sedation. By the time the operation takes about an hour. Circular incisions are around the areola and slightly receded from the edges to the nipple. The second circular incision corresponds to the new reduced diameter of the areola.
The ring of skin between the two incisions is removed. To make it easier to remove the skin, it is sometimes peeled first with injections of fluid.
Not to get «shirring» of the skin around the areola, sew the edges of the wound start to separate seams which are located at a great distance from each other. Sometimes these joints only four to six. And only when it becomes clear that after surgery, the areola will keep the correct rounded shape, sutured across the surgical wound.
In the end, the postoperative scar is located on the edge of the areola.
The surgery is performed without damaging the ducts, because there is no risk of impossibility of breast feeding in the future.
After surgery, we recommend at least a month to fix the scars with specialisation or silicone adhesive to excessive tension of the skin did not cause significant stretching and compaction.
The reduction in the diameter of the areola can be carried out in conjunction with other plastic surgery of the breast.
- A mastopexy.
Regardless of the method of carrying out a breast lift procedure, incisions are anyway anyway are around the areola, as one of the goals of surgery is to return the nipple descended to the level of the folds of skin under the breast.
And since the incisions are on the perimeter of the areola, it creates all conditions in order to decrease.
- The breast augmentation implants.
In order to simultaneously and to install the implants, and to reduce the diameter of the areolas, the optimum is cut along the contour of the areola. The disadvantage of this access is a high risk of damage to the breast tissue and ducts. Because this operation is suitable only for those who are not planning on breastfeeding.
The increase in diameter
We can say that it’s not even so much plastic surgery, how much cosmetic procedure. The procedure is called – micropigmentation of the areola and on the technique of execution it is similar to a permanent makeup person. Main purpose of the use of micropigmentation:
- to make the areolas more expressive to enhance sexual exposure to a partner;
- to equalize the color of the areola and scars on its surface to make the scars less visible;
- to compensate for the size of the areola if the nipple large diameter;
- a small correction of breast asymmetry after plastic surgery;
- create the appearance of a nipple in that case, if the breast has been recreated from adjacent tissue after removal of her cancer.
Is the procedure of micropigmentation of the nipple under local anesthesia.
The first time can be swelling and crust. Final result of the treatment becomes noticeable after 4-6 weeks, when the skin is fully restored after execution of the tattoo.
The final version looks like in the photo below.
To obtain this result, it is necessary to observe a few simple conditions:
- the procedure should be performed under sterile conditions, using disposable materials;
- the pigments used for tattooing, according to colors and shades should be as close to natural.
Accordingly, it should be specialized centre, where the tattoo will make it a specialist in micropigmentation.
Video: Ateliya — the lack of nipples
- time breastfeeding and at least another six months after the end of lactation;
- decompensated diabetes mellitus;
- oncological diseases of any localization;
- exacerbation of chronic diseases, impairment of liver function, kidneys;
- acute illnesses, including infectious;
- a number of benign breast changes such as large or multiple cysts, seals;
- violation of blood coagulation;
- mental illness;
- the tendency to develop hypertrophic and keloid scars.
The list of required examinations
- General analysis of blood, urine;
- biochemical analysis of blood;
- the blood Wasserman, hepatitis b and hepatitis C, HIV.
- mammography or breast ultrasound.
How is the procedure
In cases when you only surgery to correct the nipple and areola, it is enough local anesthesia, sometimes with sedation. In some cases, intravenous anesthesia. If you have performed local anesthesia, the patient need not remain in the clinic and immediately after the operation she can go home.
After anesthesia in the clinic under the supervision of medical staff needed to spend the day. At the time these operations take approximately 40-60 minutes.
If plastic nipples and areolas are combined with reconstructive procedures on the breast, the anesthesia may be intravenous or inhalation. Sometimes it is local anesthesia with sedation.
Surgery time can take up to two hours. After the surgery will have to stay in the intensive care unit at least daily.
The recovery period
After operations on the nipple and areola short. It usually lasts for 10-14 days. In fact, until the sutures are removed.
During this period, it is recommended that everything that helps to reduce swelling, reduce the risk of hematomas:
- wearing supportive but not compressing underwear;
- treatment of postoperative wounds with antiseptic solutions;
- sleep on your side or on the back, do not massage, do not touch the place of operation;
- do not bathe, do not wet the joints;
- to postpone for a time the visit to the baths, saunas, and any other thermal procedures.
Video: the Stages of the operation when true gynecomastia
Appear around the cuts and on the skin of the breast. Do not worry when this form of the breast does not change, there is increasing unbearable pain and bruising once, not spread to nearby region. If the pain and tension increases, you should see a doctor. Given the fact that the operations on the nipple and areola almost bloodless, the risk of significant bleeding is almost zero.
In that case, if the wound got infection can appear purulent discharge or crusts around the nipple in places sutures, redness of the skin, increasing its temperature. Usually in such cases, appointed antibiotics and antiseptic preparations topically.
- Violation of the sensitivity of the nipple.
The sensitivity may fall as well as rise. This usually takes place within 2-3 months after surgery.
|Service||The cost in rubles|
|correction long nipple||from 30000 to 60000|
|reducing nipple||from 10000 31500|
|reduction of the areola||15000|
|operation concerning a drawn nipple||15000|