Dry skin in pregnancy — in time, causes, what to do, hands
Pregnancy is always accompanied by a number of modifications, in the body of every woman. Organs and tissues are undergoing great stress, which sometimes lead to not very good changes.
One of the most common such problems in future mothers is dry skin during pregnancy tend to even those who have never faced dryness of the skin. The most important and exciting question – is this dangerous for mom and baby?
In order to know how to help your skin, you need to understand what the main reasons are for the appearance of dryness. There are a few. During pregnancy they tend to occur simultaneously, and many of them are normal and a necessary phenomenon in this period, caused by nature, which leads to difficulties in the fight against disease.
Among the main «culprits» should be noted:
- hormonal changes;
- inadequate fluid intake;
- disorders of the thyroid gland;
- unbalanced nutrition.
The first thing that happens after conception is the changing female hormonal balance, in order for her body not rejected the embryo.
- quickly increases the level of progesterone – hormone of pregnancy
- which, under his influence, makes the skin thin, delicate and less elastic
- later, increases the production of the main female sex hormone, estrogen, which further reduces the release of fat of the sebaceous glands to moisturize and nourish the skin.
- to avoid and circumvent these changes in the body impossible.
Following the main point of pregnancy is the increase in water demand.
Really needed it in the first trimester, as this period is a series of changes, which are determined by the need for additional liquid.
- the increase in total blood volume;
- the formation of amniotic fluid;
- the growth of the uterus;
- the formation of new organs and tissues of the fetus.
A woman’s body begins to work for two, so all the moisture will be compensated first from the skin of the expectant mother.
In the absence of a timely and sufficient replenishment, quick skin becomes dry and flaky, losing its firmness and elasticity.
For the period of carrying a child are typical failures and irregularities in the thyroid gland. This manifests itself primarily due to the lack and excess of certain hormones produced by it. Accompanied by the development of such diseases as hypothyroidism, which is characterized by brittleness and dryness of the skin, hair and nails.
On the General condition of the skin a huge impact the food uses pregnant. The diet should be extremely healthy and varied. You can not abuse to any products, can cause allergies.
Why you need to inform the doctor
The doctor, whose account should a pregnant woman needs to know about any anxiety and exciting change. About dry skin and is sure to say.
This is necessary in order to be shared with the doctor was established the main causes and safe treatments of disease.
Besides, dry skin can be a symptom of the development of a disease, which in turn can have a negative impact on the baby. Often there is itching and flaking of the epidermis, which may indicate an allergic reaction, sometimes can be transmitted to the baby in utero.
To figure out the exact cause and to make a specific conclusion can only be a doctor. To do this, he:
- inspect the General condition of the skin,
- check whether there are certain areas of dryness,
- listen to the complaints
- and prescribe the necessary tests, but usually pregnant their losing a large amount, so the blood chemistry can understand a lot.
Thus, defining and realizing why there is this change the skin, is assigned to the appropriate comprehensive treatment. Most often it consists of a reception group of vitamins, the use of moisturizing cosmetic products and maintain a proper diet.
The effect on the fetus
To worry in such cases you need only when dry skin acts as a symptom and consequence of the development of any disease or disorder in a woman’s body.
Most often it is an allergic reaction to certain kinds of substances and products.
The danger here is that such idiosyncrasy or a particular disease (if it occurs) can be transmitted in utero to the baby.
Negative impact on child, individual the problem of dry skin has not. It absolutely will not affect his development and growth.
Suffering here only the expectant mother and sometimes the disease leads to a number of issues that for women are very undesirable.
The main ones are:
- the formation of stretch marks (usually on the chest, abdomen, hips);
- dandruff on the head;
- the tendency to formation of microcracks.
All this necessitates the adoption of complex measures aimed at addressing the root causes of dryness and impacts at the local level, nutrition and hydration.
What to do for dry skin during pregnancy
Most importantly, you need to understand why this change occurs with the skin, and on this basis to build a suitable scheme for care and recovery.
The first thing you need is to provide your body a sufficient quantity of liquid, and more specifically clean water.
After all, the whole stage of pregnancy based on fetal creation, growth and development of another person (consisting of 80% water), with their own systems of functioning.
At the cellular level determines the vital processes and exchanges taking place at the mother and the child. If there will be a shortage of it – it will immediately notice the woman in the first place dry skin and General malaise.
You must adhere to a professional approach to drinking during certain periods of gestation of the baby.
This fact requires attention because certain changes and loads on the female body, and successive stages of fetal development. This issue certainly will participate your doctor, who will explain in detail when and how much you need to drink water.
Note. In the first months of pregnancy are recommended to consume at least 2 liters of pure water not including tea, soups and other similar products. But to avoid the swelling after about 30 minutes a week, drink water, need less, especially at night, the average is about 1 liter.
Undoubtedly, it is to normalize the diet. After all, what we eat, affects the health in General, and in this case, and proper development of the baby.
Foods greatly affect the condition of the skin of the person. They are a major and natural source of all essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients that are involved in vital processes.
Naturally the mother’s body needs a constant additional feeding. Therefore, you need to eat not just for two people and everything (this is the path to the inevitable and do not need the extra pounds), and to prefer healthy and wholesome food, most of which are vegetables, fruits and animal protein.
We must not forget that it is important a certain and constant power mode. Should be the main meal, though pregnant and this is difficult to adhere to, you should try.
Messy and not portioned food, especially heavy meals, negatively affect the General condition and well-being.
Everything that is happening on a hormonal level can be compensated with proper skin care and the body. It consists of appropriate cleansing, toning and nutrition.
All cosmetics that can dry the skin (Soaps and creams) should be replaced by softer and more nutritious. When cleaning use soap and shower gels, there is also a lotion for the body, hands and face.
For nourishing and toning apply a variety of masks that you can easily prepare at home. Also required moisturizing with creams, oils and lotions.
It is not necessary to search for and buy expensive tools for pregnant women – it can be available to all nutrient cream or oil of natural origin (olive, sea buckthorn, etc.).
Pay special attention to the most affected areas (most often these are the hands, stomach, knees, elbows).
Making and use masks for the face alone, in order to nourish and moisturize the skin, it is recommended that only with a joint discussion with your doctor.
If dryness is pronounced, it is best to turn to a more specialized doctor or dermatologist.
The mask must first be good, and not to bring harm and more problems (irritation, rash, etc.).
The most safe and simple apply the following «healing mixture» home cooking:
- Mask of vitamins A and E. Components for its preparation is available in liquid form in every pharmacy. Additionally, to prepare you need 2 tbsp. oatmeal (you can grind oat flakes) and olive oil to form a slurry of the dry mix. Here are added vitamins A and E, 3-4 drops. Is used as a mask for the face and for all parts of the body. Apply to clean skin for 20 minutes.
- The mask of honey and yogurt. It should be clean and natural products. They are mixed in equal proportions, in required quantities. The mask is applied as to the separate parts and the entire body about 15-20 minutes.
- Smetana mask. Characterized by its fat content. For its preparation you need to mix 1 tbsp. sour cream (fat), half a Cup of any vegetable oil, 1 egg and juice of half a lemon. After all thoroughly mixed and applied to a particularly problematic region for 20 – 25 minutes. Great for rougher areas – feet, knees, elbows.
- An avocado face mask. This product is appreciated due to its constituent essential oils are able to penetrate into the deepest layers of the epithelium, thereby nourishing the skin cells inside.
For its application it is crushed to a pulp the pulp of ripe fruit, add a teaspoon of natural honey and the same amount of pure yogurt. Aged on the skin of the face and body for about 20 minutes.
Each of these masks is used immediately after preparation. Storage is not permitted and the use of residues, it can be not only ineffective, but dangerous, as all included in the natural products tend to rapidly deteriorate.
If the problem on hand
Dry skin hands during pregnancy often manifests earlier than in other parts of the body.
This is due to the fact that the hands are exposed to constant influence of various substances, which do not allow to form dense and protective layer of the outer epithelium.
Causing, the dryness and dullness of the skin. Palm pregnant women often flake, there is a constant feeling of tightness. Appear small and numerous wrinkles and sometimes cracks.
This situation can be corrected, eliminating hand contact with chemical detergents and cleaning products. All such manipulations of house cleaning you need to carry out strictly in rubber gloves.
Wash hands with liquid cream-soap, then apply moisturizer or oil. Periodically apply a hydrating and soothing mask.
In the cold season before going out on the street necessarily apply nourishing cream and wear mittens.
Since ancient times, there are a number of popular recipes for the care of dry skin that are transmitted from generation to generation.
Among them are:
- bathing with essential and vegetable oils (olive, peach, sea buckthorn), glycerin, milk, honey, decoction of flax seeds and oats;
- nourishing mask based on honey;
- rubbing Flaxseed and sunflower oil in particularly problematic areas;
- use to hydrate the animal fats (butter, fat);
- washing with milk;
- compresses for broth of herbs (calendula, chamomile, mint).
Calloused feet, knees, elbows and hands perfectly soften and moisturize nourishing treatments, when these zones are applied a rich cream or oil, are wrapped with polyethylene, and on top of warm (preferably wool) material and all that is left until morning.
To avoid the appearance of stretch marks and to reduce them to a minimum, you must have a supple and hydrated skin. For this is recommended daily to RUB in the abdomen, chest, and hips nourishing oil (sunflower, linseed, sea-buckthorn).
There are a few simple and important recommendations in the treatment of dry skin. They are inherent not only for pregnant women, they need to know absolutely everything.
The skin will be less dry if:
- take 2 times a day with warm or slightly cool shower (without using any cosmetic products);
- wash with a loofah 1-2 times per week;
- to exclude from the use of solid soap, and to give preference to milk and cream gels to cleanse;
- use a cleansing agent for the body at least a day, preferably 2 times a week;
- longer stay in the fresh air;
- to minimize the use of makeup;
- delete stay under direct sunlight;
- to enrich the diet of fresh fruits and vegetables;
- eat plenty of water and healthy soft drinks (fruit drinks and vitamin, etc.);
- to take the necessary vitamin-mineral complexes;
- give up bad habits;
- lead a healthy and active lifestyle (within reason).
Do not forget that pregnancy is a tremendous strain on the entire female organism as a whole. This period is a real test and a test of the strength of many systems and organs of the expectant mother.
Skin like nothing else is subject to change and such problem as dryness is considered the norm for pregnant women. One only has to know the basic rules of how not to care for her, and this problem is not particularly noticeable.