Dry skin on elbows — why, rough, reasons, women
Even in young girls the skin on the elbows is dry and overly pigmented. In winter, the problem is solved with a long sleeveless garment, but in the spring and summer to cover up unsightly cracks will not work.
Many women carefully take care of their elbows — nourishing and moisturizing cream, make a mask useful with vegetable oils. But all these cosmetic manipulation is useless if the cause of flaking is a hidden disease.
Even very fat people skin on elbows and thin, right under her palpable glenoid bone. In all layers of the epidermis of this part of the body is no adipose tissue and sebaceous glands, like around the eyes. But for the skin under eyes women tended carefully, and forget about the elbows at all and only occasionally moistened.
Neglect is the main cause of:
- small rash
- rough scales on this body part.
But there are other, more dangerous factors coarsening of the skin:
- Hyperthyroidism. In human pituitary, hypothalamus or thyroid gland in the blood stream rapidly increases the concentration of thyroxine and triiodothyronine. The body starts the process of vasodilation, in which the smooth muscles of blood vessels relax, cease to perform their functions.
- Diabetes of any type. The disease is accompanied by severe metabolic disorders of fats, carbohydrates and proteins. Blood found increased glucose and insulin production is reduced. Dry skin on the elbows can become the reason for going to the doctor for medical help.
Often the cause of skin peeling is lack of vitamins. These biologically active substances may be poorly absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract or insufficient food.
When women are addicted to monotonous diets, they have the skin appear a variety of defects.
The most important vitamins:
- Ascorbic acid. Vitamin C participates actively in the correct functioning of connective tissue. Lack of ascorbic acid leads to the violation of tissue exchange, in which the skin becomes thinner and is covered with small cracks.
- Vitamin A. deficiency of retinol in the body decreases the ability of cells to regenerate. Cracks and sores heal slowly, dry skin on your elbows becomes like parchment paper.
- Vitamin E. Lack of this powerful antioxidant instantly affects the state of skin, especially very thin. Tocopherol protects the cells of deeper layers of the epidermis from premature aging, promotes healing of tissues, removes dead scales.
Dry skin on elbows can be found for both women and men. The causes of keratinization and thinning of the upper layers of the dermis may vary depending on gender.
Nature is unfair to the fair sex — initially, their skin is much thinner and prone to more rapid aging.
This often depends on physiological reasons:
- Anemia. Open or hidden bleeding leads to severe shortage of iron in the human body. Is a chemical element plays an important role in metabolism. Iron deficiency leads to thinning of all layers of the epidermis, the skin becomes dry, flabby and gray. Monthly bleeding in women may be accompanied by concealed form of anemia.
- Hormonal failure. Throughout the life of a woman constantly experiencing enhancement or reduction in the level of estrogen in the bloodstream: when growing up, pregnancy, menstruation, menopause. Such hormonal upheaval always negatively affect the condition of the skin.
It is no secret that women are groupies warm bath with fragrant foam and aromatic additives.
Procedures are undoubtedly useful for the nervous system and relax the entire body, but is extremely harmful for dry skin elbows.
Detergents act as aggressors towards the skin area, and the water often contains an excess of chlorine.
Men love to watch TV with his head in his hands. With elbows installed on a rigid table surface and have an increased load.
This habit is peculiar to the women, but the stronger sex has more body mass, and skin on the elbows is at a stronger pressure.
Men more often visit:
- athletic training;
- saunas, baths.
After all these health treatments men take a hot shower. Dry steam and chlorinated water gets dry and thinner skin on the elbows.
Causes of dry skin on the elbows can be hereditary skin diseases, diagnosed in women and men.
Thickening of skin is a symptom of atopic dermatitis, severe diseases of allergic origin.
Video: Helpful information
What to do with the appearance of dry skin on the elbows
The etiology of the occurrence of dry skin on the elbows is different for each person. Someone will get enough regular use of complex vitamins, and someone to be a long and difficult drug therapy.
The elimination of the causes
Often small cracks, pimples, and festering sores signal a person about a hidden serious illness.
Timely treatment in a medical facility to address the pathology at the initial stage or slow the progression of the disease.
After doctor visit you need:
- to take biochemical analyses of blood and urine;
- to pass the examination with ultrasound, magnetic resonance imaging or computed tomography.
Modern methods of diagnostics allow to determine the smallest changes in the tissues of endocrine glands and visceral organs. The procedure does not take more than an hour, and after studying high-quality images your doctor will prescribe the appropriate treatment.
If a person has not found serious pathologies, you should consult a dermatologist for tools that will help to eliminate excessive skin dryness. It may be medicinal preparations for internal and external use.
The means for oral administration include:
- antihistamines if you suspect an allergic component coarsening of the epidermis: claritin, Suprastine, Zodak, Zyrtec, Pecofacet;
- complex of minerals and vitamins for saturation of body tissues with nutrients: Pregnant, Complivit, Vitrum, Centrum, Duovit;
- iron supplements for heavy bleeding during menses: ferrum-Lek, her husband, Aflubin.
Pharmaceutical preparations for external use will eliminate the cause of skin dryness:
- greasy ointments and creams with vitamins: Radevic, Aevitum, Bepanten;
- ointments and creams with medicinal plants possessing anti-allergic and moisturizing properties: La foi, Formal, Gustan, Boro plus;
- ointments containing substances that can eliminate peeling of the skin and restore the upper layer of the epidermis: salicylic paste, zinc ointment, a prescription ointment with birch tar.
All pharmaceutical drugs are able to eliminate dry skin on elbows only with regular use. During treatment you want to reduce drinking alcohol and beverages containing caffeine.
To resolve this cosmetic problem, you can prepare the following medicinal drugs:
- 2 tablespoons of aloe juice mixed with 3 tablespoons fat sour cream and 1 teaspoon of olive oil rubbed into the area morning and evening;
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice mixed with 2 tablespoons of «Baby cream» and 1 tbsp. of potato starch, apply a mask and keep to dry;
- mix 2 tablespoons of cosmetic oils of apricot, grapeseed, jojoba, almond and hemp, heat in a water bath; RUB in warm homogeneous mixture to the skin several times a day;
- put in a thermos 1 teaspoon bear ears, sage, chamomile, calendula, Pol-Pala and pour 0.5 cups of boiling water; infuse for 3 hours, strain and lubricate the skin 6-7 times during the day;
- 2 tbsp. spoon pharmacy thick vaseline mixed with 1 tbsp. of honey and 3 drops of sea buckthorn oil; massage into skin at night.
To achieve the best therapeutic effect possible to alternate folk remedies.
Great help to cope with problem skin on the elbows nourishing cosmetic cream Russian or foreign production.
When buying you must pay attention to composition — most of it must be represented by extracts from herbs or other botanicals.
It is advisable to cream, mask or peel included:
- cucumber extract;
- fruit oil of sea buckthorn;
- the aloe juice;
- cornflower extract;
- extract of Flaxseed meal;
- chamomile extract;
- cosmetic oils from fruits and seeds.
The more of these components will be contained in cosmetics, the more effective it will work on dry skin. Look to the light moisturizing lotions and serums: sometimes they are suitable for rough skin of a woman.
The role of water
Man’s daily diet should include 2 liters of pure non-carbonated water without salts.
Water in the body:
- actively involved in the metabolism of substances;
- promotes the absorption of biologically active substances;
- helps the cells to be updated;
- prevents aging of the skin.
Tissue are highly sensitive to lack of water — they lose their elasticity, covered with wrinkles and decrepit. In the blood increases the concentration of free radicals, the main culprits of skin aging, especially as thin as the elbows.
Dry skin on elbows in women does not appear throughout the year if a few simple rules:
- morning and evening lubricate the problem areas favorite nourishing cream;
- once a week to pamper your skin with masks elbows with cosmetic oils;
- taking a bath and using the peel, do not forget about the elbows;
- to include in your diet fresh fruits and vegetables;
- drink plenty of pure water;
- being in the sun, cover up elbows;
- to limit the amount of alcohol consumed and strong coffee.
To improve the condition of the skin on the elbows should take a contrast or a relaxing shower.
Dry and flabby skin of the elbows in women significantly reduces quality of life, affecting self-esteem. A little patience, the effort and quality cosmetics will help you to forget about this problem forever.