Dry skin on legs — what to do on the feet, the reasons why, to peel off
Dry skin on the legs often appears in winter and autumn. It is in this period the human body is the most weak and requires maximum care. About things that cause dry skin on the feet and how to get rid of it and will tell in this article.
Dry skin on the feet may occur for the following reasons:
- The moisture deficit in the upper layer of the skin is the most common cause of dryness of the epidermis of the feet. In addition to dry in this state, a person can also experience a feeling of tightness and flaking.
The lack of moisture in the skin can be due to two reasons. The first reason is the sharp infringement of blood circulation. As a result, tissues do not receive the necessary nutrition and moisture.
The second reason is the use of synthetic underwear and clothing, which the skin does not «breathe» and can not fill your water balance.
- Varicose veins, in addition to pain, also can cause abnormal dryness of the feet, especially the ankle. In this condition, the person needs to consult a doctor, because this disease can cause a clot in the veins and blood vessels.
- A poor or poorly balanced diet in which a person is not getting half the nutrients. In this state, he may develop not only dry skin but also dull hair, rashes, thinning of the nail plate, lethargy, frequent respiratory infections.
Moreover, the frequent adherence to overly restrictive diets are also bad for the body, so one can «earn» not only the dryness of the skin of the feet, but also problems with the digestive tract.
- Not enough beauty skin hydration of the legs. However, many women pay a lot of attention from the skin of the face, hands and neck, but the legs (especially the feet) is often overlooked, although this part of the body very much needs constant care.
Especially pronounced dryness of the feet may occur in elderly people who, for physiological reasons, becoming more susceptible to this problem.
- Seasonal vitamin deficiency can cause temporary dry skin of the feet.
- Incorrectly chosen cosmetics for skin care of the feet can not only cause dryness but also cause irritation and redness of the skin. Even more serious is the risk of poor quality or stitched creams and lotions.
- The absence of a process to cleanse the skin from dead cells can lead to roughness of the skin and its strong exfoliation. Especially in need of those people who spend a lot of time on her feet.
- Bad habits – Smoking and drinking alcohol have an effect on the whole organism and can easily cause dry skin of the feet. Moreover, it is proved that Smoking contributes to early aging of the epidermis, so the youth and cigarettes are not compatible concepts.
- Various diseases, such as diabetes, psoriasis or eczema can cause pathological dryness of the skin, as they have a strong negative impact on the body systems. Moreover, ill appear on the skin condition of the feet and also hormonal imbalance.
- Defeat fungal infections. Usually this occurs when a weakened immune system, during which people become more exposed to various external diseases.
Talking about itching
Itchy skin on the legs is usually due to allergic reactions. Source of itch can be anything – food, low-quality clothing, taking certain medicines, etc.
When the itch on the skin are advised to consult an allergist or a dermatologist to start treatment, until the disease began to more actively Express themselves.
Most likely, in this condition the patient will be prescribed antihistamines and ointments.
Treatments of dry skin on legs
Identify the following methods for the treatment of dry skin on legs:
- Getting rid of the root cause of dry skin.
- The use of cosmetics.
- Folk recipes.
Let’s consider each of these methods in more detail.
The elimination of the causes
The treatment of dry skin of the feet depends on the specific reason which caused the violation.
Thus, there are following initial therapy:
- If the dryness caused a specific disease (diabetes, varicose veins, eczema, etc.), then the person must assign a comprehensive treatment therapy for these diseases. The only way to get rid of such manifestations of the disease.
- In that case, if the dryness was caused by a shortage of nutrients, the person needs to contact the nutritionist, so he painted him a balanced menu. In this case, your diet should be enriched with fruits, vegetables, greens, cereals and meat. Also very useful nuts, honey, dried fruit, dairy products and seafood.
As a further saturate the body with nutrients the person recommended to take vitamin complex (vitamin a, E, C, etc.). The duration of the course should be at least a month.
- If dry skin has caused allergic reaction to medication the drug, taking it to cancel. Also for the relief of allergies, one may assign medications.
- If dry skin has caused the use of synthetic garments, it is necessary to refuse and replace it with more high-quality natural clothing.
The purpose of the medications of the skin largely depends on the specific reason which caused the problem.
Thus, a person can be assigned the following medications:
- When allergic reactions use antihistamines.
- For skin diseases (eczema. dermatitis) used emollient ointments with petroleum jelly or glycerin. Also in this case can be assigned to cream-based lactic acid.
- If the cause of dryness of skin has become the diabetes, the patient’s prescribers to normalize blood sugar levels and stabilizing blood pressure.
- If the cause of dryness of the skin become varicose, then the person appointed by cardiovascular drugs in the form of tablets and ointments.
It is important to know what to make of any medication can be dangerous, so all your actions need to coordinate with your doctor.
To help cope with dry skin feet these cosmetic products:
- Essential oil. They will deeply nourish the epidermis and saturate it with useful substances. The use of such tools can daily after taking a shower.
The most effective oils for the skin from dryness are peach, almond, tea tree and flax seed oil.
- Lotion for dry skin. They should replace ordinary soap. It will more gently cleanse the skin and not to overdry it.
- Moisturizer. To use this product every morning and evening.
Consider the most effective folk recipes from dry skin legs:
- Polishing of the feet. To do the preliminary foot bath, then a special nail file for pedicure to rid of keratinized skin. At the end of the procedure, repeatedly rinse feet with water and apply a rich cream.
To put on foot a plastic bag and warm wool socks. Repeat the procedure twice a week.
- The cure for dry knees. For its preparation you need to squeeze lemon juice and mix it with almond oil. Apply the product on wet towel and apply to knee. Fifteen minutes to remove and lubricate the knees the cream.
At the end of the procedure, you will get not only a smooth epidermis, but also nice fresh smell of leather.
- Water cucumber. For its preparation you need to squeeze the juice out of fresh cucumber and add a bit of alcohol. Infuse for three days.
Apply this remedy with massage movements on dry skin.
- Baths with herbs. They moisturize the skin, get rid of cracks, dryness and irritation. For their preparation you can use chamomile, nettles or hops.
First you need to pour the herbs with boiling water, and when the water has cooled slightly, take a claw-foot bath.
Characteristics of different zones
Human leg can be divided into several zones – the foot, lower leg, knees and thigh. Each of these areas can suffer from dry skin on their separate reasons.
Identify the following possible causes of dry skin of the feet in different areas:
- Causes of dry skin on the soles of the feet is the use of uncomfortable footwear that rubs the skin and improper care (lack of cleansing and moisturizing).
- Dry skin on the legs usually develops due to vitamin deficiency and varicose veins.
- Dryness of the epidermis in the knees due to the lack of nutrition of the skin and use of synthetic tights.
- The problem of dryness on the inside of the thigh arises from the use of the rubbing of the pants.
- General dryness of the hip can occur due to lack of vitamin.
In addition, you should know that each case dryness of the feet is different, so one person dry skin on the feet can be caused by some reasons, in other – the absolutely other factors.
When to consult a doctor
To the doctor should I contact if first signs of skin dryness.
To postpone the visit to the doctor is not reasonable, because often a man alone simply can not determine the exact cause of your problem.
An experienced doctor will examine and prescribe the number of tests, after which will be visible and clear clinical picture. A specialist will give you recommendations for treatment or care of dry skin of the feet.
In that case, if the dryness was caused by a disease, and people did not go to the doctor, the pathology may progress and cause unwanted complications. To avoid this, it is better not to delay the trip to the internist and the dermatologist.
To prevent the occurrence of dry skin on the feet, should adhere to the following recommendations of the doctor:
- When the first signs of dry skin should immediately consult a doctor.
- To diagnose and treat those diseases that can cause dry skin of the feet.
- It is important to eat a balanced. The diet should be rich in nutrients. Additionally, in the off-season you need to take vitamin complexes.
- If you want to get rid of excess weight, then diet you must be an experienced nutritionist. Self-testing your body with untested methods of supply.
- Do not use ordinary soap to wash the feet, as it escusive the skin. Is it better to use a mild cleansing milk, gel or lotion.
It is important to take care of skin to rid of dead skin cells scrubs to moisturize the skin. This is especially true of the feet.
In addition, you should know that any cosmetic products for skin care of the feet should be applied after the pores open. Thus, use them more effectively after taking a shower or foot bath.
- It is useful to make a variety of masks for the feet. Cook them yourself at home from natural ingredients. Also extremely useful to do foot massage using essential oils (linseed, peach, almond). They are perfectly moisturize the skin, improve blood circulation and nourish it with vitamins.
- You should only use comfortable shoes that do not hurt your feet.
- It is better to abandon the use of synthetic underwear and tights. It is better to replace cotton.
Dry skin on feet can be both men and women. Ashamed of it is not worth it, because this problem occurs almost every third person. Using the above tips you can quickly put the skin in this area to normal.
Photo: Before and after