Dry skin on nipples — why, during pregnancy
Dry skin on the nipple is a sensitive issue that can occur in many women regardless of age and background on the various reasons. It is not always associated with a serious disease, but consult a gynecologist, mammologist, or in this case, it will be useful.
Dry skin on the nipple as an independent symptom, which is quite rare. As a rule, to join her:
- or painful sensations in the region of peripapillary halo.
All of this can greatly compromise the quality of life. And to provoke such a state can both trivial and very serious factors.
Possible causes of dryness:
- hormonal changes associated with the menstrual cycle, puberty, pregnancy or menopause;
- the moisture deficit in the body;
- errors in diet;
- irritation from wearing low-quality underwear;
- allergic reaction to hygiene products;
- contact dermatitis;
- cancer of the breast.
If the skin on the nipple is dry for trivial reasons, to solve such a problem is quite simple.
What to do
After identifying the likely causes, you can begin treatment. It can be reduced to eliminate the negative effects and moisturize the problem areas. And in complex cases need a set of therapeutic measures aimed at treating the underlying somatic diseases.
Relevant would be the following:
- To revise your wardrobe. It is better to abandon underwear made of natural fabrics and synthetic clothing.
- Carefully choose cosmetics for the body. Shower gels, body lotions and other care products, which in their composition contain harsh surfactants, preservatives and dyes often cause dryness. It is better to give preference to the more organic compositions.
- To abandon strict diets. The food must be balanced.
- To maintain water balance. The Golden rule is to drink at least 1.5 liters of clean water.
- To eat more fresh fruits and vegetables. Or take a course of multivitamins.
- To protect yourself from nervous tension, avoid stress. Receiving sedatives will ease the condition.
- To alleviate the parched region to use special ointments, creams or lotions, which are sold in the store, and designed specifically to combat such symptoms.
But in the case of suspected serious dermatological or oncological disease, you cannot delay the visit to the doctor. Specialist will conduct a full examination and will prescribe individual treatment.
Folk recipes to help
Some women prefer to deal with dryness of the nipples with the help of folk medicine. And it is quite due to the fact that the old «grandmother’s recipes» have long proved themselves from the best side in the solution of many problems.
- Lubricate the problem area with coconut oil. You can buy it at almost any pharmacy. It is a thick, almost solid. Apply at night after cleansing routine. Pre-oil need to be warmed up in a water bath or apply as is because it would hold the temperature of the body.
- Wipe clean with a dry skin nipples chamomile extract. Use for cooking 15 g of dried chamomile flowers and a Cup of boiling water. Means infused for 12 hours and then apply morning and evening.
- Bread from rye flour and bulbs of Narcissus. Both ingredients are taken in equal proportions, are crushed and mixed until a homogeneous mass. Form a pellet, which is several times a day applied to your nipples for 30 minutes.
- Grease nipples sea buckthorn oil. This can be done overnight or 2 times a day to eliminate dryness.
Any traditional recipes that are designed to help in the fight against this disease, are basically vegetable oils or herbs, which can moisturize and nourish the skin.
Separately on a dry skin on nipples during pregnancy
Many pregnant women face the problem of dryness and flaking of the nipple.
Often this is due to the hormonal changes occurring in the body, in the period of carrying a child. In addition, it may indicate a deficiency of vitamins b or A.
Or talking about common dermatological problems not related to pregnancy.
Dry skin on nipples during pregnancy in the first and the third trimester is considered normal. To manage discomfort, leading pregnancy, the gynecologist may prescribe a special tool (Bepanten, D-panthenol, sea buckthorn oil).
Expectant mothers not to neglect their health. Therefore, if dryness and flaking with pain, nipple discharge and fever, then you need to immediately contact a specialist.
Despite the fact that the causes of dryness of this delicate region can be very diverse, there are simple guidelines that can be useful to all women. To dryness not have appeared again and again, you can adopt simple tips.
In therapeutic and prophylactic purposes will help such recommendations:
- temporarily (during an exacerbation) to give up wearing a bra;
- do not use alcohol-containing lotions and other drying means;
- protect nipples from further mechanical or chemical loads;
- to abandon the Solarium;
- use moisturizing and nourishing means, as a minimum,1 time per week;
- make every six months a multivitamin complexes;
- to diversify the diet;
- drinking more water;
- calm the nervous system.
Dryness of the nipples is a pathological condition which has a good prognosis if promptly start fighting with him. Often to resolve this delicate problem, it is sufficient for the most simple means and actions. But in some cases can not do without the advice of a doctor more complex treatment.