ELOS hair removal upper lip (ELOS) — reviews, price, contraindications, photos before and after
Moreover, excessive hair growth in the upper lip is often a problem not only aesthetic, but also endocrinology. Because sometimes solve it she is not only using the doctor cosmetologist, but also the gynecologist-endocrinologist.
If dermato-cosmetologist appointed you consultation of the endocrinologist, you should not give up, even if in addition to hairs above the lip you no more worries.
The fact that hair follicles are very sensitive to changing hormone levels, you may not get any effect from any of the radical methods of getting rid of unwanted hair, or the effect will be incomplete and unstable.
How to suspect yourself hirsutism?
Hirsutism is excessive hair growth in women, which is a sign of hormonal changes in the body and a symptom of a number of gynecological and endocrinological diseases.
Hirsutism now found in almost every fifth woman. Should not be considered hirsutism any presence of dark hairs on the upper lip, sometimes it’s just a genetic feature that is passed on genetically a woman.
Usually there are some additional signs that may indicate disease:
- excessive hair growth on the chin, the presence of sideburns;
- abundant growth of hair on the chest, inner thighs, back and abdomen;
- acne and blackheads in large numbers, are not treatable by conventional means for skin and remaining after 30 years;
- the male-pattern baldness, when hair is thinning at the crown, formed a receding hairline in the forehead;
- the sharp increase in body mass and/or changes in fat distribution on the body with concentration of fat in the abdomen and the sides;
- the menstrual cycle, lengthening or Vice versa scanty menses;
- change voice becomes low and rough.
- an excess of androgens (male sex hormones), lack of estrogen (respectively, female);
- increased sensitivity of hair follicles to androgens even when their normal maintenance;
At the age of 15 to 25 years of hirsutism develops in response to excessive levels of androgens, which can occur when:
- the polycystic ovaries;
- tumors of the adrenal glands or the ovaries, pituitary gland;
- the decline in estrogen levels before menopause;
At any age as the result of:
- mismatched birth control pills;
- androgens for the treatment of uterine bleeding, mastitis, breast cancer, acromegaly, etc.
Video: Hormonal contraception
The severity of hair growth
- single slim light short hairs closer to the corners of the lips;
- a single fine dark hairs around the edge of the upper lip;
- hard dark hair on the edge of the upper lip;
- a large number of hard black hair on the whole surface of the skin above the upper lip.
The intensity is not in direct proportion to the severity of the violation of the hormonal balance in the body. At one and the same level of hormones a woman may appear singular dark hair in the «wrong» places which will not cause discomfort, while others can grow a moustache and beard the envy of many men.
The sequence with suspected endocrine pathology
In the direction of dermato-cosmetologist, you need to consult a gynecologist-endocrinologist and undergo the necessary tests. If you are completely healthy, you can begin the procedure of ELOS hair removal.
In that case, if the disease is detected, first you need to undergo treatment. Conduct of ELOS hair removal is advisable only after the normalization of hormonal levels, as only then you will get a lasting effect from the procedure.
- the development of insecurity and isolation, impaired social adaptation in women with excessive hair growth on the face;
- undeserved attribution surrounding the woman with excess body hair male qualities, rudeness in communication, arrogance, rigidity of character;
- the hair on the upper lip and other not typical for women places does not allow a woman to feel well-groomed and looking flawless;
- the appearance of irritation after using the razor or wax;
- too thin hair are not captured by the wax or sugar that you have to «clean» the tweezers;
- the development of folliculitis on the place of removed by wax, tweezers or sugar the hair.
- fresh tan is not a 100% contraindication for ELOS epilation, but significantly increases the risk of side effects, such as pigmentation and can significantly reduce the effect of the procedure;
- a recent chemical or physical exfoliation of the face: some specialists recommend ELOS hair removal not earlier than 3 months after peeling;
- conducting cosmetic procedures using laser requires a month break, the skin has recovered and was able to easily move ELOS;
- lanugo hairs are very light or gray hair just do not get sufficient impact to stop the functioning of the hair follicle;
- taking medications that increase photosensitivity of the skin can trigger burns and the appearance of foci of pigmentation because your doctor need to talk about all the drugs you took within the last 2-3 months;
- the presence of increased skin sensitivity to sunlight and regular;
- the presence of metal parts in your mouth (crowns, elements of metalokeramika, wearing breketov), on face (piercing), in the field of head and neck (pins, needles);
- wearing a hearing aid;
- the wearing of an artificial pacemaker or pacemaker;
- viral, bacterial, fungal rash on the face;
- the presence of cutaneous manifestations of psoriasis, neurodermatitis;
- connective tissue disease, autoimmune disease the blood;
- diseases of the cardiovascular system, internal organs, or acute in the acute stage;
- a fever due to colds, as a manifestation of the NDC and other reasons;
- decompensated diabetes mellitus.
Typically, the preparation of long dark hair is recommended to shave with a razor the day before the procedure. For at least one month can not tweeze or pluck the hair as this can trigger excessive compensatory growth of hair, which will reduce the result to zero.
In the case of frequent recurrences of herpes lips it is recommended to have a course of antiviral therapy, which should begin no later than 2-3 days before the procedure.
The day of the procedure should not be applied on the skin creams or serums, as this can contribute to burns.
You should ask your doctor-cosmetologist, what anesthetic will be used, whether to bring it with you, since the procedure of ELOS hair removal on the face is painful and few people can move it without using local anesthesia.
How is the procedure
ELOS hair removal is necessarily performed on a thick layer of a special gel. If the gel does not cause or have caused its lack of quantity, then after the procedure is low skin irritation, high burns. Eye protection must be used special points.
Special attachment for ELOS epilation is attached to the apparatus. This nozzle distributes the specialist area of hair growth so that the areas of impact overlap flashes overlap and grasped the smooth skin.
Treatment of the skin around the area of the growth of «whiskers» are necessary as in this area there are dormant hair follicles that can give compensatory growth.
You should consider the fact that ELOS hair removal only destroys those hair follicles that are in the anaphase – phase of growth. Usually in the region of the upper lip such follicles around 65 %. Because it is not necessary to wait 100% of the effect from one procedure.
The resting period of the follicles in the skin of the face is about 6 weeks, therefore the following procedure is advantageously carried out 6-7 weeks after the previous one.
To completely get rid of unwanted hair on the upper lip is usually necessary to make from 4 to 10 treatments, depending on skin color, intensity of color and thickness of the hair, individual sensitivity of an organism to ELOS epilation.
Skin care after the procedure
- After the procedure for 2 weeks it is advisable not to sunbathe and to use sunscreen with SPF factor of at least 20. The ban on sun exposure is not 100% mandatory limit, but will allow the skin to recover faster after the procedure of ELOS epilation, especially if the procedure was a first, and disposed of in dark stiff hair.
- For the same reason you should not do enzyme peels, to use scrubs, brushes for face, aggressive cosmetic products, especially if they contain alcohol or other drying or exfoliating ingredients for at least 2 weeks.
- Immediately after the procedure is not recommended to wash the skin with soap and water, rubbing with your hands or a towel.
- Within 2-3 days after the procedure should not take a hot bath, make masks and compresses on the face, you can just wash with cool water.
- During the week should not visit bath, sauna, gym, as copious sweat may cause the appearance of folliculitis or pustular rash in the area held hair removal.
Video: What is Elos?
- Pain during the procedure and for some time afterwards.
- Burns in the wrong selection mode for the face, effective use of the gel.
- Skin irritation after the procedure, skin sensitivity for several days after ELOS epilation.
- Folliculitis, pustular rash can often appear field the first procedure, as the follicles from procedure to procedure will be deleted, along with them will be deleted and sebaceous glands.
- The appearance of a herpetic rash as a reaction to skin damage.
The cost of the procedure
|Procedure||The cost in rubles|
|ELOS hair removal upper lip||2400|
The cost of ELOS epilation antennae can vary greatly and be less for regular customers and during promotions. Also, the price may be less for women than for men because of hair in the upper lip, and therefore the required number of flashes, women have less.
Photo before and after ELOS hair removal upper lip