Endoscopic septoplasty — nasal septum, price, nose
What it is
Endoscopic septoplasty is a surgery sparing correction of the nose. The patient excised various defects inside the nose and its mucosa. This procedure allows to minimize the receipt of scars and other marks from surgery.
Types and characteristics
Endoscopic septoplasty of the nose has such variety:
- With vasomotorial.
- With the use of RR technology .
- With reimplantation of Autorama.
Each of these methods has its own characteristics. Let’s consider them in more detail.
Vasomotory is an operating method of treatment in which the patient intersect and arteries between the nasal mucosa and bone formation.
After carrying out this procedure, the mucosa becomes less, the swelling and sinuses are also reduced. This leads to improved breathing through the nose.
Endoscopic septoplasty with vasomotorial be performed under local anesthesia. Duration of this procedure usually takes no more than ten minutes.
With the use of RR technology
When performing septoplasty with the use of RR technology, the patient is stratified cartilaginous sheath of the nasal septum.
With the help of a special laser the excess particles are removed or straightened.
At the end of surgery sutured.
The duration of this procedure is 30 minutes. It is carried out under local anesthesia.
With reimplantation of Autorama
Reimplantation of Autorama implies a permutation of the crooked cartilage, and fixing it with the help of special stands made of silicone.
This procedure allows the patient to breathe normally again and repair problems with the nasal septum.
The recovery period after reimplantation of Autorama last about fourteen days. In this patient, it is desirable to temporarily stop exercise.
Indications for this surgery are:
- Chronic nasal congestion.
- Constant inflammation in the sinuses.
- Frequent colds and SARS.
- Strong curvature of the nasal septum (the presence of ridges or spikes).
- Congenital deformity of the nose or septum.
- Chronic snoring.
- Swelling of the nasal mucosa.
- Chronic dryness of the nose.
- Noises when breathing through the nose.
- Periodic nosebleeds.
- Constantly occurring allergic rhinitis.
- Frequent sinusitis.
- Chronic sinusitis.
Contraindications to endoscopic septoplasty are:
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding.
- The clotting of blood.
- Heavy blood disease.
- Acute liver failure.
- HIV infection.
- Acute viral or infectious disease.
- The aftermath of a stroke or heart attack.
- Cancer education.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Different pathology of gastrointestinal tract in acute phase.
- Older age of the patient.
- Disease that can cause complications after the administration of anesthesia.
When and at what age is best to do
Doctors recommend this operation to patients with age younger than 24 years old. The reason is that the cartilage tissue prior to this period, still can grow, so surgery may be ineffective.
For this reason, not to have needed a repeat operation, to carry out this type of septoplasty need with the age of the patient older than 24-25 years.
How to prepare for surgery
Mandatory the week before surgery you need to pass a list of tests and procedures:
- General analysis of blood hemoglobin, leukocytes, and platelets.
- General analysis of urine protein level.
- A blood test for sugar.
- Pregnancy test (for women).
- Chest x-ray.
- A blood test for clotting.
- The analysis for syphilis.
- Test for hepatitis.
- Test for HIV infection.
- A study on blood group and RH factor of the patient.
- Advanced biochemical analysis of blood.
Also the placenta can be assigned to ultrasound of the abdomen and liver. If all the tests in order, the attending physician may designate the date of the transaction.
Further preparation of the patient includes a visit to consult with the following doctors:
- A plastic surgeon who will carry out the operation. He’s supposed to tell the patient about the nature of the operation, possible risks and expected results. In turn, people can ask questions about the surgery the doctor.
- Anesthesiologist. With the specialist addressed the issue of choice of anesthesia and the method of its implementation. The doctor should explain the risks and symptoms that can occur after the procedure.
- Therapist. This specialist determines the overall health of the person, measures its temperature, pressure, studies the test results. The resolution is final to endoscopic plastic nose.
Two weeks before operations are prohibited:
- To consume alcoholic beverages.
- To use any cosmetic products for the face.
- To expose the face of the aggressive sunlight.
- Eat fruits that contain substances that reduce blood clotting (tangerines, lemons and other citrus fruits).
- Eat chocolate and other sweets, because they degrade the strength of blood vessels, which increases the risk of bleeding during surgery.
- To expose them to excessive physical stress and mental exhaustion (not to worry and let stress).
- You can not eat fatty, smoked and fried foods. Better to stick to the diet or just a balanced way to eat.
- In the prevention of infections is better to abandon the assimilation of the carbohydrate (flour products).
- The surgery always be carried out on an empty stomach, so a day of its carrying out there is nothing to eat and drink.
- No Smoking two weeks before surgery as nicotine affects the healing process of tissues.
Before performing a septoplasty should follow these medical recommendations:
- To avoid nervous strain, because a person can increase blood pressure and heart rate. This, in turn, may adversely affect the operation and cause complications.
- It is very important to go into surgery relaxed and well rested. On the night before its implementation, it is desirable to sleep.
- A week before the operation it is better to abandon coffee drinking.
- If you experience malaise or manifestation of the disease before the operation, it is necessary to inform the doctor. We can not agree to the procedure in poor health.
- Before the septoplasty should take a picture of his face, so that afterwards to be able to compare the results (for visual defects of the nose).
How to do endoscopic plastic
Endoscopic plastic can conduct the correction of the nasal septum, its parts or bone tissues. The procedure itself is always performed under local anesthesia, that is, the person is asleep and feels no pain.
Correction of the nose be carried out with an endoscope. It is a special tool with which the surgeon sees the operating space.
The duration of such an operation depends on its complexity. On average, it takes less than forty minutes.
The overall progress is:
- The patient is administered anesthesia.
- Is processed further scope for operation antiseptic solutions.
- To place the incision inside the nose (for this reason the scar is not noticeable).
- Surgeon corrects all the flaws and curves of the nose and septum endonasal way. At the same time in the nasal cavity of the patient to be introduced to the tube called the endoscope. It is equipped with an optical device for tracking operation.
- Next, the wound is processed with special tools and nose swabs are inserted into special (sometimes on the nose a plaster or a special so-called clips).
- The patient to operate the feelings.
Often after the operation, patients having such complications:
- Haematoma is internal bleeding into tissues, which can be of different sizes. It develops due to rupture of blood vessels.
- Bleeding can happen by careless operation and accidental injury of the vessels. Moreover, you should know that the nose is supplied very well that only increases the risk of bleeding.
- Mucosal injury can also happen during surgery, but it is not the complication. It passes itself after a few days.
- Abscess of the nasal septum is a serious complication, which develops due to infection in the postoperative wound of a patient. Eliminates the abscess surgically.
- Sinusitis (purulent form) can develop in contact with a bacterial infection in the wound.
- Periodontit is a condition in which a person develops inflammation in the area over the cartilage of the nasal septum. It occurs due to infection.
- Deformity of the nose results in the change of its external shape. Unfortunately, this complication requires re-operation.
- Swelling is a perfectly normal complication, which appears after all the plastic surgeries. It usually takes 5-7 days. Despite this, if the patient will not follow medical advice, swelling will be a long time to subside.
- Formation of crusts in the nose is because after surgery, the patient can not clean the nose or to sneeze. For the separation of these crusts can apply special nourishing ointments and sprays.
- Nasal septum perforation is a one of the most dangerous complications. It is to be treated surgically.
- Getting an infection is also a very serious complication, which can occur when there is insufficient compliance with the rules of sterility during surgery, or with dressings already. In this state, a person may suffer from high temperature, weakness, chills, and purulent discharge from the nose.
Eliminated the infection by prolonged use of antibiotics and antimicrobials.
Factors that increase the risk of complications
The chance of complications increases in such cases:
- If agreement on an operation with the presence of contraindications. Moreover, the risk of complications increases several times in the case when the patient suffers from diseases of the cardiovascular system, when he has a bad blood clotting, or kidney failure.
- During the operation inexperienced surgeon, which may injure the nasal cavity, or do not properly execute the technique alignment of the cartilaginous septum of the nose.
- The patient is taking before surgery illegal drugs, Smoking or alcohol consumption.
- The presence of chronic somatic diseases in a patient.
- A weakened immune system of the patient.
- The misconceptions of the dressings after the operation (insufficient treatment with antiseptics or do not claim the use of the necessary ointments).
- The refusal of a patient to carry out medical advice, especially failure to comply with bed rest in the first days after septoplasty can cause swelling, bleeding and lesions of the nasal septum. The entire result of this procedure may be partially lost.
- Performing heavy physical exertion in the first month after septoplasty is threatened by frequent bleeding and the development of recurrent edema.
- A poor diet as before surgery, and after it increases the risk of complications, as the human body will be weakened.
It is also important to know that the advice of doctors to prepare for surgery should be done not only to septoplasty was successful, but also because the patient is able to move the anesthesia. Because, as you know, it has a negative impact on health (especially cardiovascular system).
For this reason, it is vital for the patient before the day of the surgery to be calm and not to eat (while eating on the day of administration of anesthesia, person may vomit and he will choke on the food that was consumed earlier).
Photo: Before and after
The rehabilitation period
To recover faster after endoscopic septoplasty, you should follow these recommendations:
- In the first two days after surgery is necessary to stay in bed and apply cold compresses to reduce swelling.
- Do not make sudden head movements and tilts.
- In the first days after surgery you need to sleep on a high pillow to quickly subsided swelling.
- In the first days you can eat only liquid foods is not hot temperature.
It is important to monitor body temperature and when it is increasing immediately inform the doctor. If this symptom is accompanied by a copious purulent nasal discharge, the doctor may prescribe antibiotics.
- At least two weeks after septoplasty need to give up physical activity and sports.
- It is impossible during rehabilitation to drink those medications that can contribute to the incitement of blood.
- Do not wear glasses for about a month after the surgery, not to accidentally injure your nose.
- You can’t sneeze or blow your nose in the first week after septoplasty, as it can cause severe bleeding.
- You have to avoid to face direct sunlight.
- In the first month after surgery is very important to observe the hygiene of the nose and prevent it from drying out. For this you need to use sprays with sea water.
- In the first days after the procedure, it is very important to make dressings and to prevent nagnoenia wounds.
- The house already needs to maintain optimal humidity in the room.
Observing these recommendations it will be possible to speed up the process of recovery and reduce the risk of complications.
The average cost
The cost of endoscopic surgery depends on the complexity of the procedure, administered the anesthesia and the identified pathology.
On average, the price for it is from 50 from 60 thousand rubles.
Endoscopic septoplasty has its pros and cons, so before its implementation should be well thought of. In most cases, this procedure helps people to get rid of various pathologies of the nose and resolve the problem of permanent congestion.