Hair loss in women (alopecia) — causes of baldness in women treatment at home, photos, reviews
In adolescence and young age is most common diffuse anagen alopecia, seborrheic, there may be alopecia and traumatic alopecia. But androgenetic alopecia for women at a young age is not characteristic, since high level of estrogen promotes hair growth. This type begins to appear after age 50 and peaks at menopause.
Anagen diffuse alopecia
The reasons can be:
- frequent and prolonged hard diet with a reduced protein content, irrational, poor nutrition;
- constant stress, both acute and chronic;
- oral contraceptives with high doses of hormones;
- diseases of the internal organs, endocrine pathology;
- imbalance of vitamins and minerals;
- abrupt climate change;
- uncontrolled medications, when to go to doctor in no time.
How to know what hair loss diffuse anagen:
- hair loss starts in a few weeks-a month after the beginning of influence of the causal factor (but very often he does not give such value and with hair loss do not connect);
- the hair falls out evenly over the entire head, including the occipital region;
- hair fall with root (whitish thickening on one of the ends of the hair);
- significantly pronounced bald patches in certain places does not occur;
- thinning hair happens, but instead of fallen hair grows «fuzz» of new hair, which is especially noticeable on the forehead and on the parting;
- after some time (after 3-6 months), hair loss strong hair loss gradually stops even without treatment, if the causal factor is eliminated;
- the density of hair gradually recovering to previous levels without treatment.
In the course of life episodes of diffuse anagen baldness can be several. These are the periods when hair loss is «in tatters». And there were these periods in the life of every woman. Typical time for the emergence of such episodes – autumn-spring.
Video: Female hair loss
Alopecia areata is a rare disease, the cause of which is not established. But it is believed currently that focal hair loss begins and progresses in the nervous system.
Symptoms of alopecia areata is nothing can not be confused: on the scalp, less often on the body, appear rounded sections, the hair which is totally out.
It is believed that androgenetic alopecia – it is purely a male disease. In fact, male hormones androgens have both men and women. Only women have their influence weakened by high levels of estrogen. But the mere existence of androgens to baldness usually does not.
It is a hereditary baldness because from the mother once the father is transmitted to humans increased sensitivity of hair follicles to androgens.
Feature of this disease is that not all follicles become increased sensitivity, but only those located in the frontal, temporal and parietal areas of the head. They are located in the occipital region, are insensitive to androgens and they are not damaged.
Androgens from the blood enter the capillaries of the hair papilla of the follicle (the vessels that feed the follicle and allow the hair to grow) and cause them to spasm.
The follicle that is supplied is bad, can not give the growth of healthy hair. At first the hair begins to thin and lose pigment, and then begins to fall hard. The growth of hair is possible only during the special treatment. The effect of the treatment is unstable.
Video: Alopecia in women
How to determine what hair loss is androgenetic alopecia:
- hair loss begins relatively late and progresses rapidly during menopause;
- hair fall in frontal and parietal regions and on the temples, occipital region of the balding process is not affected;
- thinning of hair begins to be noticeable in the area of the part at the crown, when the hair can’t close the scalp;
- restore hair growth with the same density does not occur even when the treatment would usually only slow down hair loss.
There is an observation that androgenetic alopecia can go a diffuse hair loss in the presence of precipitating factors. One of these factors is pregnancy.
For the prevention of androgenetic alopecia in women is successfully applied the integrated product in capsules of TRX2 or special cosmetic series with copper peptides «Tricomin». Treatment of androgenetic alopecia must appoint a physician.
The reasons for seborrheic alopecia
Seborrheic alopecia usually begins in adolescence and provokes significant thinning hair by 30-35 years.
In the development of the disease involves both endocrine and neuro-regulatory interface is mechanisms: women have a reduced amount of estrogen, significantly increase in size of the cutaneous sebaceous glands, changing the composition and quantity of sebum.
Manifestations of seborrheic alopecia usually difficult to confuse with anything else:
- the disease begins in adolescence with increasing greasiness of the scalp;
- gradually appear flaking and itching of the skin, scales, serovato yellow color can be seen on the scalp and hair;
- gradually at first thinning and then thinning hair that women can be both diffusive and more pronounced in the frontal region.
Seborrheic alopecia is a chronic disease and requires constant care and treatment under the supervision of a dermatologist.
If neither of these options does not suit you
It may be that alopecia is one of the symptoms of the disease. In this case:
- hair loss begins acutely or gradually without contact with the precipitating factor;
- hair loss lasting more than 6 months;
- hair loss all over the head;
- the intensity of hair loss does not decrease over time;
- the restoration of hair density does not occur as long as is not identified and corrected the cause of the disease;
- manifested gradually thinning hair, which becomes noticeable at the temples and forehead;
- changes the quality of the hair: they become brittle.
If the hair loss lasts long and does not respond to a normal such cases, treatment using homemade masks and pharmaceutical means to increase the density of hair, it is a chance to be examined by an endocrinologist, or even better, a gynecologist-endokrinologa.
The approximate scheme of examination will be:
- General analysis of blood.
- A blood test for sugar.
Biochemical analysis of blood:
- the determination of hormones, particularly the testosterone;
- thyroid hormones;
- biochemical parameters of liver and kidneys;
- determination of the iron content of the blood.
- Polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS), which can occur without any obvious cysts on the ultrasound, but with significant violations of hormonal and metabolism in the body.
- Menopause or other diseases and operations in which the disturbed function of the ovary or ovaries are removed.
Treatment of the underlying disease it is possible to stop hair loss and will help restore their former density.
Treatment of hair loss in women
In this section we will consider the treatment of diffuse anagen alopecia, because other types can have a large number of characteristics and causes, to understand which needs a doctor.
First of all it must begin with identifying the causes, triggering hair loss:
- a strict diet is better to revise in the direction of increase calorie daily diet, at least to 1500-1600 kcal/day, about 800-1200 kcal/day to lose hair you will be faster than a pounds;
- the daily amount of protein should be no less than 50-60 g, it is better that some protein was of animal origin;
- eat can fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, which in their composition contain large amounts of vitamins and minerals;
- if you are in a constant state of stress, help cope with stress and hair loss psychotherapy, intake of sedative drugs, long rest;
- treatment of acute and prevention of chronic diseases have a beneficial effect on the entire body in General and hair in particular;
- receiving comprehensive vitamin-mineral preparations is good for the prevention of hair loss and helps to restore hair density in those cases where the loss has already started;
- drugs of omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids are a great remedy for hair loss in women, improve the health of the cardiovascular system, improve joint health;
- you can apply various masks to improve hair thickness, both pharmacy and prepared at home;
- there are any good locally irritating and stimulating procedures: Darsonval, laser comb, scalp massage.
All of these tips will be useful not only to those who have already started to gather a tuft with a comb every time you comb. They will help those who are thinking about how to prevent hair loss the future.
Video: How to deal with it?
Masks for prevention in the home
The most common types of masks that promote growth and prevent hair loss is mustard, cognac masks and mask with essential oil of Bay.
To prepare the mask with mustard you will need:
- half 1 teaspoon mustard;
- any precious hair oils for example coconut, olive or Shea butter, 20-50 grams depending on the length of the hair;
Mustard must be soaked in 1-2 tablespoons water for 1 hour, the solid oil should be warmed in a water bath to a liquid state. Then components are mixed and applied on hair under a plastic bag for up to 1 hour. Mask is washed off with water and shampoo and conditioner. Brandy mask is good because that gives the hair a more intense brown hair and deep brown shade. For the same reason blondes it should be used with caution.
It is simple: egg yolks whipped to a froth, add 1-2 tablespoons of brandy. Apply on hair roots and then distributed throughout the length of the hair. After 20-30 minutes, it rinse with cool water with the shampoo and conditioner. Firming masks you should use at least 1 time per week, usually better.