Hydrocortisone ointment from wrinkles the instruction for use under the eyes
As indicated by the instructions for use, hydrocortisone ointment is a hormonal drug, which belong to the group of steroids. It is based on the hormone glucocorticoid, which is produced by the adrenal glands of the person.
In most cases this ointment is used to treat various skin diseases and allergic reactions, however in recent times hydrocortisone ointment were actively used in cosmetology to remove wrinkles. Consider in more detail this method of rejuvenation.
The main active ingredient of this ointment is hydrocortisone acetate. He largely contributes to the improvement of the skin.
Excipients of the drug are:
- Stearic acid.
Mechanism of action
Hydrocortisone ointment from wrinkles under the eyes and on other parts of the body is actively used by many women because this remedy helps to slow the aging process.
When applied to the skin this remedy retains moisture in the cells, which leads to the development of a small swelling, which hides the wrinkles.
In other words, the medicine can be called a kind of non-injection Botox.
The pros and cons
Hydrocortisone ointment has the following advantages in use:
- It can be purchased at any pharmacy. The release of drug over-the-counter.
- A tiny cost compared to the expensive cosmetic treatments and wrinkle creams.
- Quick effect, which is noticeable after a few days applying the ointment.
- Ease of applying (ointment requires no ancillary components or breeding). It can be applied directly from the tube.
- Great for home use.
The disadvantages of this method of rejuvenation are:
- Ointment can cause undesirable effects after application.
- Has many contraindications for use.
- Before the beginning of the course, you should always consult with a doctor, as this drug, and even hormonal.
- The tool is more aimed at treatment, not for rejuvenation, so the manufacturer does not provide any guarantees or promise about the result of rejuvenation.
- As practice shows, after the end of treatment the ointment on human skin returns to its former position, after the swelling subsides.
Video: Popular methods
The danger of using hormonal
The application of this hormonal cream has the following risk to human health:
- Prolonged use of ointments can lead to atrophy of the skin. It faces a rapid aging of the skin and the appearance of new wrinkles.
- Studies show that long term treatment with hormonal products increases the risk of developing cardiovascular disease and cancer formations.
- Due to the fact that the cream contains the hormone, it can enter the body and disrupt many metabolic processes. Moreover, this component can cause an overabundance of its own hormone in the body.
- The ointment can be habit-forming. This means that the body will begin to adapt to constant external flow of hormone and will produce their own hormones in much smaller quantities. It is bad for the body. Moreover, the skin this will be worse to take action of ointment.
Indications for use hydrocortisone ointment (for medicinal purposes) are:
- Allergic reactions.
- An insect bite.
With regard to the application of the ointment from wrinkles, then this implies the use of such funds to a dry, withered skin covered with deep age-related wrinkles.
To reduce the risk of undesirable side effects before using hydrocortisone ointment from wrinkles, you should familiarize yourself with these contraindications:
- Pregnancy and breastfeeding – this is one of the most serious contraindications, to break which can be dangerous to the health of the fetus and health of the pregnant woman.
- Various viral diseases.
- Acute respiratory illness.
- Oncologic pathology.
- Purulent and bacterial lesions of the skin.
- Idiosyncrasy of the human components of the drug.
- HIV infection.
- Fungal skin.
- The age of a person to twenty five years.
- Blurred vision.
- The post-vaccination period.
- Hypertension and hypertension.
- A stomach ulcer.
How to use hydrocortisone ointment from wrinkles
Hydrocortisone ointment from wrinkles has the following application features:
- Apply the ointment needs to cleansed.
- Apply should be very thin layer on the skin, evenly distributing it.
- If you want often to apply the ointment, it can be mixed with a greasy day or night cream. This makes it possible to reduce the concentration of hormone in the ointment and give the skin a smaller «burden». This homemade cream can be applied more often.
- It is particularly carefully apply it to the area near the eye and prevent its contact with the mucous membrane of the eye.
Before applying the ointment on her face is applied to the skin of the elbow, to check for allergies. If after a day the skin begins to itch or turn red, the tool can be used on the face.
- The appearance of a burning sensation, feeling of tightness or itching after application it urgently need to wash, and consult your doctor. Most likely is a manifestation of allergic reaction.
The duration of the course
The total duration of such a course of rejuvenation is not to be longer than two weeks. In General, it is recommended to apply ointment for a week, then take a break.
Do I need a doctor’s advice
Before beginning this treatment it is very important to consult with an experienced dermatologist. This specialist will examine the skin of a person and tell if he needed to apply hydrocortisone ointment.
The majority of doctors are opposed to rejuvenation with this drug, explaining that its therapeutic action is directed in a totally different direction.
Moreover, this cream contains a hormone which is often not desirable to put on the face.
To expect instant results from using this drug is not worth it. The first effect will be noticeable after only a few applications on the skin.
Then after a couple of weeks, the epithelium will again take the former view, as the swelling goes down. After that, it is advisable to repeat the treatment (just after doctor’s permission).
Improper application or use of such funds for too long, a person may develop the following adverse effects:
- Itching and swelling of the skin.
- Skin rash in the form of red dots or spots.
- Swelling of the skin.
- Flaking and dryness.
- Artificial premature aging of the skin and formation of wrinkles.
In addition, there is evidence that due to the impact of this ointment hormone in humans, disrupted adrenal glands, resulting in an overall aging of the organism. Moreover, due to prolonged exposure to such ointments in humans may increase the risk of developing diabetes, disorders of the internal organs and osteoporosis.
Unwanted complications usually develop in an uncontrolled application of hydrocortisone ointment and prolonged treatment.
In addition, much depends on the individual characteristics of the organism.
Where to buy
To buy this medication at any pharmacy. The release of the drug is without a prescription.
In addition, buy the tool and through Internet resources.
The average cost
An advantage of this ointment is that it is inexpensive. The cost on average is about 60 rubles.
Use hydrocortisone ointment from wrinkles has a lot of controversial issues. As a result, should think twice before to try this method of rejuvenation for yourself.
Photo: Before and after