Implants after mammoplasty — do I need to change
Women who though time in life did augmentation mammoplasty, the question arises — how the degree of wear of implanon and whether you need to change them at all?
Manufacturers of implants recommend changing implants after mammoplasty 10-12 years after breast augmentation.
But there is also statistics in which the patient satisfied with the result and not resort to re-mammoplasty, even after the specified period of time.
Implants which were produced, about 10-20 years ago had a 7-8% percent wear and tear, and manufacturers could not give a 100% guarantee that the implant will not break or impair its integrity.
At the moment, modern prostheses have significantly less wear and tear process that enables leading manufacturers to give a lifetime warranty on released products.
Breast prosthesis – a medical product which is made of high quality biocompatible material, for installation under the skin or the mammary gland, in order to simulate a woman’s bust and increase its size.
The first breast implants – filled with fats, liquid paraffin, and various other fillers. They were introduced in the thickness of the breast.
Performed the first operation for breast augmentation in the late 19th century, but such operations have not yielded the desired result and lead to serious complications.
Since 1944, the year that began the production of the prosthesis in a closed shell of silicone filled with sodium chloride or gel.
And from this moment begins the real evolution of breast prostheses, and every year is improving their form, structure, fillers and types.
Conventionally, the types of breast prostheses can be divided into several generations:
- the first generation of prostheses were made of silicone sheath in the form of tears, which is filled with viscous silicone gel. Behind a partition that prevents displacement of the implant;
- the second generation of implanon become more soft and gel light. Breast prostheses of the second generation were produced in bilateral form and was a silicone prosthesis inside the salt;
- the third and fourth generation implants were coated with elastomer, to prevent prepodavaniya gel through the shell. The fourth generation also has produced various forms of prostheses with a variety of coating;
- the prosthesis of the fifth generation consists of a cohesive gel. It is a soft gel, and he has the ability to mimic living tissue of the breast. Also this gel is characteristic of «memory» and any deformation returns to the preset in the production process form.
Video: what is the procedure
Modern breast implants has two kinds:
Silicone implants consist of a silicone filler, the viscosity of which is from different manufacturers may vary. Breast silicone implants soft to the touch and do not differ from the female breast.
Such dentures fit women with small Breasts they do not wrinkle and look very natural. But silicone implants are very expensive, and in case of rupture is difficult to detect the leak place.
Saline implants consist of normal saline or sodium chloride solution. This solution is injected after installation of the prosthesis during surgery.
These silicone prostheses are much cheaper and much safer. In the case of rupture saline prosthesis is easy to detect the location of the leak and the body will get saline, not bringing harm to the body.
It is not recommended to install this type of prosthesis women with small Breasts as there is a risk of wrinkling of the implant and after the operation he wakes palpable.
Also in the description of the types of implants you should pay attention to the following characteristics:
The shape of the prosthesis can be:
- anatomical (teardrop);
- anatomical high profile.
The size of the prosthesis can be:
- fixed. This size does not have a valve and the volume of the prosthesis cannot be changed;
- adjustable. At this size the prosthesis includes a valve through which you can enter the saline solution;
The coating or surface may be:
- textured. Textured prostheses uneven and have on its surface the villi;
- with a spongy surface structure. Connective tissue grows in a spongy structure of the shell and allow to fix the denture in one place.
Testimony to the change
Change implants called endoprotezirovanie mammary glands.
Testimony to the change of breast implants may include the following:
- aesthetic dissatisfaction after surgery breast augmentation;
- correction changes the appearance of the breast associated with breast-feeding, pregnancy and age changes;
- the patient wishes to enlarge Breasts 3-4 sizes still;
It is also an indication to endoprotezirovanie breast can be complications after the first of breast augmentation these include:
- capsular contracture. The formation of a dense scar tissue around the implant;
- rupture and leakage of the prosthesis, which violates the integrity of the shell;
- the installation of a defective prosthesis, during the production of which was broken technology, and used shoddy, dangerous raw materials.
Do I need to change the implants after mammoplasty
Prostheses for breast augmentation, as with any other device not only medical wear.
Yes, replacement is recommended to do 10-15 years after the first operation.
The lifespan of breast implants depends on many factors such as reaction to a foreign object, the quality of implant, the place of its location.
The frequency of replacement depends on the implant material and the qualification of the surgeon.
Can I plan pregnancy after breast augmentation
Planning pregnancy after breast augmentation is possible. Breast augmentation does not affect the development of the fetus and is safe.
Carried out in this field of studies have shown that neither silicone nor saline prostheses has no negative impact on the fetus.
The only thing that happens to a woman after childbirth, sagging of the Breasts. This is due to the increase of the mammary glands and for the return of the previous forms, you will need breast implants to a breast lift.
But to do augmentation mammoplasty during pregnancy is strictly forbidden, as the surgery is performed under anesthesia, which has adverse effects during fetal development.
Whichever way and access for installation was not selected it should not affect breastfeeding.
Most complete the process of feeding would be if during the operation the implant is placed in the armpit. In this case, the mammary glands are not affected and will not be impaired by the process of lactation.
If during the operation affected the areola, what is important to know before the augmentation mammoplasty, how you will proceed breast-feeding and the time to discuss this with your plastic surgeon.
In order to avoid complications such as mastitis due to the presence of dentures need to choose the correct equipment of feeding and regularly do special massage.
Photo: Before and after surgery
How is the replacement
The procedure for replacement of breast prostheses can be divided into two stages:
- preparations for the;
- the procedure for removal of the implant;
The preparation will include:
- doctor’s advice;
- the patient’s examination;
- doctor consultation mammologist;
During preparation for operation is not recommended:
- to take medicines made with herbs;
- to drink alcohol and Smoking;
During operati the doctor makes the appropriate incisions that can be conducted:
- the edges of the areola of the nipple;
- in the armpit;
- under the mammary gland.
The surgery to replace the prosthesis is performed under General anesthesia and lasts from one to two hours.
Full endoprotezirovanie includes three stages:
- removal of old implants. The surgeon makes an incision along the line of the scar and through it removes the old prosthesis;
- the capsulotomy. The fibrous capsule around the implant is formed always, it all depends to what extent it is available. Sometimes in the process of capsulotomy requires partial removal of the fibrous seals, with serious complications required the complete removal of contractures;
- the installation of new prostheses. Basically, implants are inserted in the already formed the old bed, but if the patient wants to increase breast even more then the surgeon will require the formation of a new «pocket» for the implant.
After removal and installation of breast prostheses skin pocket can be sealed off in order to speed up the process and to prevent fill his body fluids, patients need to wear a compression garment for months after surgery.
Final restoration after endoprotezirovanie takes several months during which it is prohibited to visit:
- the Solarium;
- to take a hot bath;
- tanning in the sun.
Active exercise is forbidden until complete healing of the tissues.
The risk of re-operation
Of course, as in the first, and re-breast augmentation there is a risk of complications.
And if surgery for breast enlargement complications and problems arose in the process of re-operation the risk of complications is doubled.
As the first operation you may experience the following complications:
- capsular contracture;
- wound infection;
- the formation of keloids and scars gipertroficskih;
- temperature after mammoplasty;
- rupture of the implant;
- deformation of the prosthesis;
- the offset of the prosthesis;
- double pleat or the effect of the «double bubble»;
- an allergic reaction to the implant;
- symmastia – splicing of two Breasts.
Also you should know that augmentation mammoplasty is performed under General anesthesia, therefore, may occur not only in complications relating to the chest, but also diseases of the circulatory system and gastrointestinal tract.
Prevention of complications
In order to reduce the risk of complications it is necessary to carry out such prevention measures:
- choice of physician. When choosing a doctor it is necessary to proceed not from the savers, and the number carried out in this field of operations, professionalism and experience;
- comply with all recommendations of the plastic surgeon;
- to take antibiotics broad scope to prevent infections in the surgical wound and the appearance of temperature;
- choose implants from renowned manufacturers. When choosing implants, you can consult with a plastic surgeon, but also to pay attention to the reviews of the patients about the firms producing these products;
- to wear a compression garment after surgery. But to buy such clothes is necessary before surgery.
Factors affecting wearability
The first factor that affects aging of the implants is:
- age-related changes;
- a set of excess weight or weight loss;
As a result, changing the volume of the mammary glands, the skin loses its elasticity and stretching of the ligaments that support the Breasts.
In many cases, there is a risk of leakage and rupture inlanta that also applies to the factors of aging of the implant. Connected it may be with some household chest injuries and poor choice of implant.
Every woman who wants to seek the assistance of a plastic surgeon needs to see the data the following statistics:
- 30% of patients complain of rupture and leakage of the prosthesis;
- 40% of women are unhappy with the results of plastic surgery and resort to endoprotezirovanie;
- 50% of patients within 3 years of turning to a plastic surgeon about the complications;
- 10% of women who did breast augmentation with the use of silicone implants become cancer;
- even if you do not have any complications after 5-10 years, dentures need to be changed because they wear out.
Finally, I would like to reassure women and to add that most women performed augmentation mammoplasty happy with the result.
With proper selection of prosthesis and the method of its installation, you may have a good and long-term results, in which to change the implants after mammoplastika there isn’t any need.