Laser blepharoplasty — upper eyelid, price, photos before and after
Many people are not too happy with my eye shape, size, age or the presence of dark circles and swelling on the face. To eliminate these defects in appearance will help blepharoplasty laser.
Recently this procedure is becoming more popular, gradually displacing the surgical methods of correction.
Laser blepharoplasty is usually carried out in the following cases:
- age-related changes in the skin in the eye area;
- changing the shape of the eyes, congenital anomalies of eyelid shape, pathology or development disorders acquired after the injury;
- bags under the eyes;
- drooping corners of the eyes;
- asymmetry of the eyes.
Laser blepharoplasty do people of different ages for various reasons. In most cases, this procedure is resorted to women over 40 years of age to eliminate age-related changes.
Despite the fact that laser treatment belongs to the category of minimally invasive procedures, it has a lot of contraindications.
The main prohibitions include the following:
- syndrome dry eye;
- diabetes mellitus;
- exacerbation or decompensation of somatic diseases;
- serious disruptions in the endocrine system;
- severe pathology of the cardiovascular system;
- any malignancy;
- of blood clotting;
- infectious pathology;
- mental disorders;
- high sensitivity to the laser;
- inflammation in the affected area;
- an increase in intraocular pressure.
Advantages over the scalpel
Laser blepharoplasty is gradually replacing surgical methods of correction, because it has a lot of advantages.
The main advantages of this minimally invasive procedure include the following:
- The use of the laser allows to cut significantly smaller. Thanks to this, the wound heals faster, and the surrounding tissues are not so badly injured. This results in a significantly reduced recovery period.
- Due to the high temperature of the laser beam manages to cauterize small blood vessels. It significantly reduces the risk of bruising and swelling after the procedure.
- After healing wounds on the skin leaves no scarring. The application of even the most delicate scalpel, still leads to scarring. If you use laser treatment, you will be able to avoid having to hide the scars under makeup or glasses.
- After laser blepharoplasty on the walls of the wound remains local microburn that prevents entry of pathogenic microorganisms into the bloodstream. This significantly reduces the risk of infection.
- When carrying out this procedure, there is no need to go to the hospital. Just hours after laser blepharoplasty and the patient allowed to go home. Subsequently, he needs to visit the clinic just for a reference check.
- Sustained effect after surgery is maintained for 4-5 years. In some cases, this figure is up to 10 years.
Laser blepharoplasty is usually carried out using two kinds of beams – carbon dioxide and erbium.
Due to the wavelength of 10.6 µm and the absorption coefficient of 800 cm-1 carbon dioxide laser reaches deep into the skin, promoting coagulation of vessels.
This significantly reduces the risk of bleeding. When this tissue gets very hot, which can cause severe burns and pain.
Erbium beam has a wavelength of 2.94 µm has an absorption coefficient of 12,000 cm-1. Due to this, the light beam does not penetrate so deeply. It may not trigger the burn, and this is very important when exposed to the delicate skin of the eyelids.
Video: Frequently asked questions
For correction of the eyelids can be used several methods. The choice of a particular technology depends on the problem, its severity and skin condition.
Currently use the following kinds of impacts:
- Laser blepharoplasty of the upper eyelids. This procedure is used to eliminate hanging folds. In this case, the incision is performed in the natural folds. During the procedure the doctor removes excess skin and fatty tissue. If necessary, can be carried out correction of muscle or brow lift.
- Blepharoplasty of the lower eyelids. This interference helps with bags under the eyes, edema, hernia. There are different varieties of this procedure. Thus, when the percutaneous subciliary correction the incision is performed on the ciliated part of a century.
Transconjunctival technique involves making a cut on the inner side of the century.
This type of intervention is used in that case, if a person is observed the excess fat tissue in combination with a normal amount of skin.
When carrying out intraoral blepharoplasty accessed through the mouth.
In this case, not only carried out a correction of adipose tissue and skin, but also perform plastic orbit:
- Circular. In this case, the correction of two centuries.
- Correction eyes. This operation is very popular among Asian girls. In this case, is removed epicanthus for the formation of skin folds.
- Canthopexy. This procedure applies to combat violations of the ligaments of the eyelids. In this case, the correction of the shape and expression of eyes. Such interference is indicated for patients who have disorders of the facial nerve.
Photo: Before and after surgical intervention
How to prepare for surgery
To prepare for the surgery, the doctor prescribes examination. Because of this, he identifies the chronic diseases, eye diseases, surgical interventions in history. This will allow the technician to choose the most safe method of executing the procedure.
Before performing blepharoplasty, the patient must pass these tests:
- General and biochemical blood analysis;
- analysis of blood clotting;
- determination of sugar content in the blood;
In addition, at the stage of preparation for the operation, the doctor must determine the patient information about allergies to medications, receive medication containing aspirin, the presence of the syndrome of dry eye.
Also in the preparatory stage, the physician should do the following:
- to determine the level of strain century;
- to estimate the amount of excess skin;
- to determine the depth of wrinkles;
- to predict the probability of the omission of the century;
- to assess the tone of the cartilage tissue;
- to determine the amount of excess adipose tissue;
- to make a computer simulation of the final result.
How to conduct blepharoplasty laser
- First the doctor performs a layout of the eyelids, and eye wears special lenses that perform safety functions.
- The procedure is performed under local anesthesia. To do this, apply a special cream to the area of impact. The period of exposition is 10-15 minutes.
- After adequate anesthesia is achieved, the doctor through the laser exposure in natural skin folds perform a small incision, through which the removal of excess skin and adipose tissue.
- For wound closure can be applied absorbable thread, surgical tape or special cream.
- The laser heats the cells to a certain temperature, which renders them not destructive, but positive impact.
- By carrying out this procedure, muscle tissue is strengthened and collagen frame.
- In addition, stimulating collagen production. For a full course of blepharoplasty at the clinic need to contact 3-4 times.
How long is the procedure
Laser blepharoplasty does not require a large amount of time. Initially, the scope of the alleged effects apply a special cream with anesthetic effect.
After 20-30 minutes, then begins the laser treatment.
As a rule, this procedure does not exceed 15-20 minutes.
After the intervention the treated area is covered with a special tool. It helps to reduce pain and prevent swelling.
The laser blepharoplasty does not imply admission of the patient. So literally the same day the person can go home.
If the laser exposure was carried out correctly, the rehabilitation would last no more than 2 weeks.
On the first day after the procedure the eyelids need to put cold compresses.
Due to this, will be able to minimize the risk of bruising and swelling in the treated area.
In the first few weeks after the surgery on the eyelids, you can see small scars. Gradually, however, they will disappear – this usually happens by the end of the third week.
To speed up the process of recovery, experts advise you to perform the following manipulation:
- within 10 days to abandon the use of cosmetics – the only exceptions are special funds;
- it is recommended to sleep on your side or on the back, and your head better be raised slightly;
it is forbidden to use aspirin or any drugs that contain it;
- during the first month after surgery it is better to refuse from intense physical activity;
- it is not necessary to visit a bath or sauna;
- it is important to avoid prolonged sun exposure;
- when conducting transconjuctival plasty lower eyelid the doctor will recommend application of sunscreen – it is applied to the skin within one month after the procedure.
Be aware that this procedure can cause adverse health effects.
These include the following:
- Dryness of the eye or the constant watery eyes – these symptoms are talking about the problems in the functioning of the tear glands. Typically, this condition resolves on its own after 2 weeks.
- Periorbital swelling – this symptom is a result of the violation of the integrity of blood vessels.
- Bruise – appears when damage to a vessel that has an abnormal location.
- Asymmetry of the eyelids – this complication may be due to a lack of qualified medical practitioner or characteristics of the structure of the skin of the person.
- Burn – possible in the case of carbon dioxide laser.
The opinion of the surgeons
This method causes an ambiguous attitude on the part of surgeons. Today you can easily find both proponents and opponents of this technology.
Some doctors believe that laser blepharoplasty offers many advantages, while others prefer to use a scalpel.
Surgeons who choose the traditional intervention, argue that the scalpel allows you to get a more even cut. And this is true.
However, regardless of the chosen method the final result is the same.
While a laser blepharoplasty is considered less traumatic, and hence not as painful.
In addition, the use of this method significantly reduces the likelihood of complications and shortens the recovery period.
It should be noted that serious opponents of this innovative method are the surgeons of the old generation, who are the real masters of their craft, but at making changes.
The young doctors who can learn, happy to adopt new methods and the use of innovative technology.
Since this procedure is performed much faster than traditional surgery and requires a smaller amount of material, it is much cheaper.
Price laser blepharoplasty depends on the type of procedure:
- So removal of excess skin of the lower eyelids will cost 27000-29000 RUB.
- To deal with excess skin on the upper eyelids, will have to pay 27000-29000 RUB.
- If adjustment is required and the upper and lower eyelids will have to pay between 40,000 to 47,000 rubles.
- To correct eyes you need to pay 40000-50000 RUB.
Laser blepharoplasty is a very effective procedure which helps to eliminate the obvious defects of the eyelids. However, this intervention is less traumatic and less painful than traditional surgery.