Laser peels — what is it, reviews, photos before and after. Laser face treatment — contraindications and rates
Here as usual are presented with information about the procedure doctors performing laser resurfacing.
Video: the Use of lasers in cosmetology
From the words of those who made themselves such a procedure, for the money they have got big problems with the skin, which they had before. This effect of gauze, straight rows of holes on the spot of the laser exposure, the distribution of papillomas on the face and neck, new scars on the skin, the appearance of vasculature, pigmentation, premature aging of the skin.
The conclusion is that laser peeling is a serious procedure, which belongs to the category of surgery, and requires a serious approach. Go on it out of curiosity or to remove a couple of scars from small pimples clearly not worth it.
The principal amount of claims to employees of clinics that perform it, is that they before the procedure did not provide information about adverse reactions that are observed in the majority of customers.
For example, a very small number of customers would agree to the procedure, laser peeling, if the procedure is learned about the frequency of occurrence of a complication such as «the Marley effect», which is nothing but multiple atrophic scars on the spot of the burn from the laser exposure.
Among the specialists performing the procedure, high risk of development of atrophic burns and other complications I know, but this information to customers is not adjusted. Some even offer their customers that have received complications, to undergo a repeated procedure to remove the skin blemishes that appeared after the first. But frustrated customer usually difficult to trust the person to a specialist who had already demonstrated their interest in the client’s money and indifference to his welfare.
The photo below is clearly visible lattice structure of skin defects (the effect of gauze). But, despite all of these horrors, there are those who have the results exceeded all expectations.
To decide on the implementation of laser resurfacing, it is necessary to obtain comprehensive information in order not to trust blindly the words of a cosmetologist, and make an educated decision.
Let’s deal with the terminology
Today, there are two main methods of laser peeling:
- The traditional method, when the laser spot captures the entire surface of the skin in the treated area.
- Fractional laser peeling, in which a laser beam affects only small areas of skin (usually the total area of such sites should not exceed 20-25% of the total area of the skin in the treated area).
Synonyms for fractional laser peeling are:
- DOT Therapy (Dermal Optical Thermolysis);
- DOT therapy (dermal optical thermolysis);
- laser fractional resurfacing;
- seamless laser facelift;
- fractional skin remodeling;
- laser Microperforation of the skin;
- laser rejuvenation pixellogo type (LAFT-rejuvenation).
It follows that if your girlfriend extols the procedure of laser micro perforation, and scolds the procedure fractional laser peeling, this only shows that doctors on any of the consultations did not bother to explain to her that it is the same thing, but perhaps made by different hands.
Fraxel (Fraxel) is a proprietary variant of fractional laser thermolysis, which is designed and used in the apparatus of the company Reliant Technologies Inc. And nowhere else.
Fraxel refers to the devices for carrying out DOT-therapy. Feature of the technology is a system of control, which with the help of sensors monitors the speed of movement of the handle of the apparatus relative to the skin and determines the optimum density of «shots» to the end, regardless of the speed of movement of the arm per unit area had the same number microalgal.
Call praxeam any procedure fractional laser peeling may man, far from cosmetic, and laser surgery. But a wrong use of the term cosmetologist may indicate a low level of professionalism.
What kind of lasers used
Currently, the procedure uses two types of laser — CO2 (carbon or carbondioxide) and erbium.
The CO2 laser generates a beam that penetrates deep into the skin and at maximum capacity can cut fabric. Under its influence, is heating of the tissues around and deeper zones of impact. On the one hand it speeds up metabolism and enhances collagen production, and other such aggressive exposure may cause scarring.
Erbium laser (Erbium YAG laser) generates a laser beam that is absorbed by the water. Due to this, evaporates only the upper Horny layer of the epithelium. Due to the more mild the risk of side effects is lower and the recovery period after the procedure shorter. There are combination units that combine two types of laser radiation to produce a more pronounced effect at a lower risk of complications.
Features hot and cold peeling
Cold FT-lifting (non-ablative fractional photothermolysis) is layer-by-layer removal of the stratum corneum of the epithelium.
The laser beam installation damages the deep skin, but does not damage the stratum corneum of the epidermis. Open wound with this method, exposure no, because there is no risk of infection. But in the skin are destroyed and tissue, because such a lifting effect as with the hot method no.
In the spot of exposure beam formed by the so-called microlocally area – the area of the injured skin, in which aktiviziruyutsya of regenerative and metabolic processes. In one procedure the damaging effects of laser undergoes about 20% of the skin. Procedure performed with a frequency of 1 time per month.
The result is a good exfoliation of the skin, which becomes smooth, velvety and matte, improve the optical properties of the skin. Missing or poorly visible boundary between treated and untreated skin.
The recovery period after a cold laser peeling is 3-5 days. The effect lasts up to six months. Required for a course of 3 treatments. Hot FT lifting (ablative fractional photothermolysis) significantly heats the tissue and stimulates metabolic processes in the skin. Carbon laser thin beam that causes small areas of skin thermal damage point (dot – dot). The skin at the points of impact of the beam is destroyed completely.
The laser beam burns a «column» of tissue. In its place formed a microscopic wound, the walls of which are formed of annealed cells. This is somewhat similar to applying moisturizer dermaroller, only instead of piercing – point burns. In place of such points is formed microlocally area, in which you actively begin to divide cells that promotes skin rejuvenation. Burning a large amount of the skin contributes to the reduction of its area, that provides a lifting effect.
The large number of deep wounds may cause infection in deeper layers of the skin and development of purulent process in the tissues.
The effect of the procedure increases over 2-3 months. The result of leveling the surface of the skin and non-surgical skin lifting. Manufacturers and sellers of services argue that the frequent execution of hot laser peeling can significantly delay the time when rejuvenation treatment will need to turn to plastic surgery. The implementation of hot laser peels require anesthesia, during a deep peel and anesthesia.
The recovery period is 1-2 weeks. The effect lasts up to a year. Required for a course of 1-3 treatments.
Video: Carbon peel laser
What is the difference between a laser peel and laser resurfacing
Laser peel and resurfacing are performed at different depths of the skin performed according to the different readings lead to different results.
- The first is to a depth of 30 µm: affects only the upper Horny layer of the epidermis, the basement membrane remains intact.
The result: the skin becomes smoother, improves its color, but the cosmetic defects of the skin such a way to remove will not work.
- During the laser resurfacing the laser beam penetrates the skin to a depth of 100-150 microns and sometimes destroys the basal membrane and the dermis.
It is used to remove wrinkles, tattoos, scars, stretch marks. There is a significant rejuvenation of the skin due to the destruction changed the old frame of the skin of collagen and elastin and the formation of the new.
In some cases, instead of the gradation of peeling-grinding talking about the superficial, middle and deep laser peel. In this case, medium and deep laser peel are laser resurfacing.
The types of devices
For cold peel
- Fraxel re:store DUAL.In this unit combined tolevy and erbium lasers for more efficient and gentle on the skin.
- Palomar StarLux500.
- Clear and Brilliance.
- SmartXide DOT CO2.
- Palomar Lux 1540.
- Bizon More-Xel Scanning.
In the Russian medical centers there are devices and other brands, but less frequently.
- loss of elasticity and skin tone;
- small aged wrinkles;
- follicular cysts;
- stretch marks.
- pustular rash on the skin in the area of the intended procedure;
- herpes, warts, molluscum contagiosum and other viral, bacterial and fungal diseases of the skin;
- hemophilia and other blood diseases in which impaired blood clotting;
- decompensated cardiovascular disease;
- connective tissue disease;
- autoimmune diseases;
- the increase in body temperature regardless of the reasons;
- immunodeficiency States;
- diabetes mellitus;
- the tendency to keloids and hypertrophic scars;
- tattoos in place of the proposed procedure, if the patient is not planning to get rid of them;
- fresh tan;
- fillers under the skin at the site of the procedure;
- the presence of nevi on the skin at the site of the intended procedure;
- dark skin (at the discretion of the beautician with the definition of sweetia by Fitzpatrick);
- pregnancy and lactation;
- epilepsy and increased convulsive readiness;
- tuberculosis of any localization;
- stroke in anamnesis;
- the presence of a pacemaker;
- exacerbation of atopic dermatitis;
- taking medications that reduce the ability of blood clotting;
- intolerance to the drugs used for anesthesia (lidocaine);
- hormonal birth control products;
- the deadline of isoretinoin (Roaccutane) in less than 6 months ago;
- a chemical peel less than two weeks before the laser;
- any wounds, scratches and abrasions on the skin.
Preparation for the procedure may differ for different patients depending on the structure and condition of the skin.
Common to all are the following stages of preparation:
- screening for the presence or absence of diseases of internal organs: General and biochemical blood analysis, urine analysis, electrocardiogram, chest x-ray examination (List of examinations may be extended at the discretion of the doctor if there are complaints or symptoms of disease);
- mechanical cleaning of the face and follow up care, aimed at preventing the appearance of new lesions, especially pustular;
- the use of cosmetic acids for home use or the procedure of peeling in the cabin to equalize the thickness of the Horny layer of the epidermis and stimulate regenerative processes in the skin;
- receiving antiviral drugs for prevention of relapse of herpes;
- a waiver of any facial or other area where it is planned to conduct peeling, a week before the intended procedure;
- stopping the use of any cosmetics for two days before the procedure;
- on the day of the procedure should not take alcohol, exercise or perform heavy physical work;
- should not sunbathe, use tanning beds or spending time in the sun without sunscreen.
In case of need can be assigned:
- antihistamines for those who have frequently observed allergic reactions to external stimuli;
- the broad-spectrum antibiotics to prevent skin infection after the procedure.
How is the procedure
Protocol procedures laser peeling may vary depending on the used device, and based on the condition of client’s skin and desired results.
For different devices requires a different method of anesthesia. Devices soft and surface action analgesics may not apply at all, or an unpleasant sensation is reduced or removed the directional flow of cold air. For serious devices, affecting deeper layers of skin anesthesia can be local (lidocaine cream) or the patient is given General anesthesia. In that case, if analgesia is required, the procedure time by 40-60 minutes as the anesthetic begins to act immediately.
Client given special glasses that protect the retina from damaging laser radiation. The doctor also works in special protective glasses.
When the required level of anesthesia is reached, the doctor includes the apparatus, directs the attachment on the patient’s face and consistently treats all skin areas, sometimes two or more times, if necessary.
In the video you can see a macro of applying point of damage with a laser in slow motion. And how is a laser peeling method of the eyelids and protect the eyes from laser radiation.
Video: the Procedure in the clinic
The whole procedure takes time from several minutes to hours. After the laser peel on the patient’s skin apply a special moisturizing and antiseptic composition.
Skin care after the procedure
After laser peeling in the first day can be kept burning, pain, burning sensation in the area of the procedure. In order to reduce the discomfort you can take painkillers and sedatives.
On the second or third day, the formation of films or crusts, the emergence of brownish skin, followed by profuse peeling.
Redness and swelling of the skin can gradually be reduced within 5-10 days.
From the first day should be applied on the skin every three hours, medications prescribed by the doctor, contribute to tissue repair (bepanthen or panthenol), as well as providing antimicrobial action (chlorhexidine or Miramistin). In the first week, you must continue taking antiviral and antibacterial drugs.
In the case of aged skin to its complete recovery, you must have a course of mesotherapy or biorevitalization, which must start no later than 2-3 weeks after the procedure. Around the same time at the discretion of the beautician, you can hold a PRP or ozone therapy.
From the fourth week allowed to hold a microcrystalline microdermabrasion and laser resurfacing that helps to remove surface scars.
With 8-9 weeks after laser peeling, you can start a course of chemical peels that are on different probability will reduce or remove the network of scars and other defects from the skin.
In the first week not recommended thermal procedures (sauna or bath), pool, sports. As it can cause more swelling and promotes pustular rash.
Use decorative cosmetics when no longer peel and decreasing inflammation in the skin caused by the burn.
After the procedure, apply a sunscreen is recommended all year round. SPF funds for the summer must be at least 50, for winter – 25-30.
- The appearance of bubbles and surface erosion in places where the bubbles were revealed.
In fact it is exactly the same bubbles that appear on the site solar or thermal burn. If they appeared on the face, for them not to have formed scars and foci of hyperpigmentation on the site of their healing. Treatment bubbles is better to choose together with the beautician.
- Petechial hemorrhages.
Occur when damage to small blood vessels of the skin. The blood can flow out in the form of fine droplets, and can accumulate intradermally, forming then changing over time, the colors of the bruises. Usually no special treatment is required.
- The effect of the gauze or multiple atrophic scars.
Education accurate scarring can take place for two reasons:
- the tendency of the skin to the formation of keloid and hypertrophic scars, which, as a rule, the client knows almost from childhood;
- wrong selection of parameters for equipment settings before the procedure.
To correctly configure machine cosmetologist needs to know the thickness of the dermis and epidermis of the skin. Different people have dermis thickness can be from 1 to 3 mm, and the epidermis is 0.07 to 0.12 mm.
Is determined by the thickness of the layers of the skin by means of the ultrasonic scanning apparatus Face Analyser or Ulthera System. If special equipment in the medical center, you can conduct a histological examination of the skin.
Usually the effect of the gauze is for each patient after the procedure. For the first time the presence of scars on the face can be seen usually on day 10-14, when it begins to subside swelling of the skin and crust off. The severity of a network of ridges can vary from unexpressed and almost imperceptible to profound, which is impossible to disguise with makeup.
Sometimes depressions on the skin but the melanocytes (the cells that are responsible for the appearance of the sun) die. Then the skin is a network of multiple rounded white spots that never tan. If the settings have been exposed to a beautician correctly, the scars fade restore skin and healing burns. This is usually 1-2 months after the procedure.
If 2 months after the procedure, the network simulator does not pass, it may remain on the skin for years.
- Swelling of the face after the procedure
Swelling of the face is always there, but the degree of their severity may be different. Usually the swelling go away on their own without special treatment by the subsiding of the skin inflammatory process, which developed in response to the damage.
- The spread of viral diseases such as herpes and warts on the adjacent region of the skin.
A number of manufacturers of lasers for medical use claim that using their device can remove warts. But today recognized for its effectiveness and safety is only one method of wart removal is cryotherapy or wart with liquid nitrogen.
- Post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation.
One of the frequent complications of laser procedures. Difficult to treat or remove.
- Aggravation of acne.
The complication is a consequence of the reduced barrier properties of the skin. Treated usual to treat acne drugs.
Prices in Moscow and St. Petersburg
|Area||Used laser||Cost in RUB.|
|face, eyelids and upper third of the neck||BIZON More — Xel Scanning||12000|
|crow’s feet, upper and lower eyelids||5000|
|the face, eyelids, neck||18000|
|the face, eyelids, neck, neckline||25000|
|the upper third of the stomach||4700|
|the middle third of the stomach||4700|
|the lower third of the stomach||4700|
|the upper third of the back||4700|
|the middle third of the back||4700|
|the lower third of the back||4700|
|the area around the eye||6500|
|the area around the mouth||7000|
|face completely minimal power||SmartXide DOT CO2||12000|
|the person is completely average power||20000|
|a person fully maximum impact||23000|
|face and neck min.||23000|
|face and neck AVG.||29000|
|the face and neck, max.||32000|
|neck and neckline||17000|
|the area around the eyes||7000|
|face, neck, hands||23000|
|lower eyelids and crow’s feet||5000|
|the area around the mouth||6000|
|the inner surface of the shoulder||8000|
Prices for skin blemish removal on SmartXide DOT CO2 and Palomar
|The skin of the defect and its area||Cost in RUB.|
|stretching over 1 cm2||250|
|scars per 1 cm2||300|
|melasma, pigmentation per 1 cm2||300|
|the square of 5×5 cm2||5000|
|square 110х10 cm2||9000|
|removal of skin defects on the face of 1 cm2||1000|
Prices for treatments are approximate, are presented, and may vary depending on the category of interior and related procedure services (pay advice, discounts and gifts, etc.). Because to clarify what is the procedure, you will have in your medical center.
The before and after photos