Laser resurfacing of pitted acne scars — person cost
After acne disappears, scars remain, scars and areas with broken pigmentation. To get rid of the problem by using the laser skin resurfacing, in which the upper layer of the dermis is vaporized and improves metabolism. It is done in clinics or beauty salons with the help of special equipment.
Because laser resurfacing of the face with acne is a serious procedure, its conduct need to be very responsible in selecting a competent specialist and to comply with all its recommendations.
Acne is a skin blemishes resulting from acne. Causes of problems are improper treatment, squeezing blackheads or long course of the disease.
Acne manifests itself in the form:
- age spots or areas of hyperpigmentation;
- dilated capillaries or spider veins on the skin;
- enlarged pores.
The indications for the procedure
The procedure is performed in the following cases:
- the presence of deep wrinkles;
- broken skin;
- age spots;
- scars, scars;
- sagging skin;
- dull flowers of the skin;
- enlarged pores.
Not recommended laser resurfacing in the following cases:
- chronic or infectious diseases in the acute stage;
- autoimmune diseases (systemic lupus erythematosus);
- diabetes mellitus;
- violation of blood coagulation;
- the wearing of a pacemaker;
- violation of skin sensitivity;
- the period of menstruation;
- skin diseases (eczema, psoriasis, dermatitis);
- pregnancy and lactation;
- predisposition to developing keloids;
- chemical peels for 2 weeks before the procedure;
- relapse of acne;
- receiving photosensitizing drugs (Tetracycline, Doxycycline);
- welcome retinoids (Isotretinoin, Roaccutane).
How to carry out laser resurfacing of pitted acne scars
The procedure is carried out in the autumn or winter.
Preparing for the laser resurfacing of acne is as follows:
- a month before the procedure, you need to abandon a visit to the Solarium, and two weeks before sanding before going on you need to use sunscreen;
- the importance is the skin phototype. People with dark skin need to use a bleaching creams;
- should stop taking photosensitizing drugs;
- before the procedure is performed General biochemical blood analysis, and analysis on HIV, hepatitis b and C;
- if necessary, two weeks before the laser resurfacing your doctor may prescribe retinoidy peeling.
For laser resurfacing are three types of laser radiation:
- carbondioxide. In most cases for eliminating acne use this method. It has the most effect on scars scars and deep wrinkles. At the same time, this procedure requires the longest rehabilitation period (under 2 weeks).
- erbium. Compared to carbondioxide laser it has a less pronounced effect on the skin, so the recovery period is about a week.
- radiation of low intensity. In this case, polishing is not performed. The effect of this method is to stimulate the synthesis of collagen in the deeper layers of the skin that leads to its self-levelling, smoothing and renewal.
Laser resurfacing of pitted acne scars is carried out as follows:
- before polishing is carried out cleansing the face with mild gel and soothing lotion;
- if the patient is anxious, your doctor may suggest sedatives;
- depending on the area being treated, the procedure can be performed under local anesthesia. For this half an hour before grinding is applied a special cream under the bandage protoplay sensitivity. After half an hour remaining funds are removed and the skin rubbed special lotion;
- peeling is performed using a special apparatus. Depending on the size of the affected area gets a special attachment. Depth of polishing is adjusted individually and depends on the degree of damage to the skin;
- beam, which controls the computer, drilled microscopic holes. Due to the skin absorption of the radiation is heating. As a result, the water evaporates and the cells are destroyed. Occurs coagulation of tissue, the destruction of old collagen, elastin and protein.
- the laser light destroys the connective tissue penetrating into the intercellular space and forming a new layer, which leads to scarring. It is destroyed, adjacent cells begin to divide aligning the relief of the skin;
- the duration of the procedure depends on the laser type and the number of interventions and ranges from 15 minutes to a half hour;
- after the procedure the skin is applied a special soothing cream or lotion;
after the procedure the patient can return home. Through the week to make follow-up visit to the doctor;
- for removal of surface scars may need up to 3 treatments and for the treatment of deep defects require up to 10 sessions..
Video: How to tighten pores
Recovery time depends on the area and depth of treatment of the skin, as well as individual peculiarities of a person:
- when using a carbon dioxide laser, this period is up to 2 weeks. When grinding by eribium laser is enough one week, and at a superficial exfoliation, smooth skin is observed on the second day;
- immediately after the procedure deep peel on the skin impose a sterile bandage that can be removed after 2 – 3days;
- processed designated by the doctor, up to 5 times per day treated with saline solution;
- during this period it is impossible to remove the crust or flaking skin;
- skin you should apply a special cream with panthenol prescribed by your doctor and allowing them to speed up healing;
if you have pain you can use painkillers;
- during the recovery period for 4 months not recommended to visit baths, saunas, swimming pools. You can not swim in open water and take hot baths;
- within six months after the procedure it is not recommended to sunbathe. Before going out on the skin need to wear sunscreen (at least SPF40);
- in winter, before going out you need to use a cream that protects from the cold.
After laser resurfacing you may experience the following side effects or complications:
- infection of the skin in contact with pathogenic microorganisms in cracks. For prevention make treatment of the skin with special means, it prevents the appearance of herpes, dermatitis, or abscesses;
- erythema or redness of the skin may persist up to 20 days. Within 3 months after the procedure the skin may be pink. The recovery period is reduced with proper care and systematic application of funds prescribed by the doctor;
- the occurrence of sites with a dark color (hyperpigmentation). Most often, this mirror effect occurs in dark-skinned patients.
- the appearance of too light areas of the skin as a result of excessive exposure to laser (hypopigmentation);
- swelling of tissues, appears immediately after the procedure and resolves on its own within 3 to 4 days;
- the appearance of keloid scars as a result of the predisposition of the skin to their education or improperly performed procedure;
- burning and itching in the treatment area can be observed within 24 to 72 hours after the procedure and require analgesia;
- excessive dryness and peeling of the skin observed after 4 to 7 days after the laser skin resurfacing. Removed using a special moisturizing and regenerating agents;
- a clear boundary between treated and untreated skin disappears within 2 weeks.
What is the result
Within a week after the procedure, the skin becomes elastic, tone, and color. Spots and scars from acne completely disappear or become less noticeable. Eliminated brown spots and spider veins.
The effect of laser skin resurfacing is as follows:
- removing old dead layers of the skin;
- smoothing of wrinkles;
- in the smoothing of deep wrinkles;
- removing acne scars;
- eliminating small scars;
- to improve color and texture of the skin;
- in rejuvenating the skin.
The final result after deep laser resurfacing of the face will be visible after 3 or 6 months after the last procedure. During this period the skin is fully updated and as it as improves.
The effect of the procedure persists for several years, and some age spots and scars from acne may disappear completely.
The average cost
The cost of laser resurfacing with acne depends on the area of skin treated. The larger the radius, the more flashes laser need.
On average processing of 1 square cm of skin you will have to pay from 500 to 1200 roubles.
Treatment of nasolabial triangle can cost from 3000 to 8000 roubles, and cheeks from 7000 to 15000 in a single procedure. Treatment of the entire face can cost anywhere from 10,000 to 35,000 rubles.
To completely get rid of acne, scars is impossible, but with the help of laser resurfacing you can make them virtually invisible, to level the surface of the skin and improve its color.
Photo: Before and after