Liposuction neck — withers, chin, hump
Fat can accumulate not only in the stomach area, buttocks, or thighs. Often women suffer from deposits in the neck. And no diet and even intense exercise will not help to get rid of them.
The only option is liposuction of the neck is a procedure aimed at the destruction or liquefaction of fat cells and mechanical pumping excess fat.
Why is this area highly susceptible to aging
The skin on the entire surface of the neck is very gentle. Subcutaneous fat layer is thin, so can’t hold enough moisture.
Wasting precious water, tissues become less elastic and the production of collagen slowing down.
Already by the age of 25-30 in the neck the first noticeable creases, sagging appearing. In people with unstable weight the skin susceptible to excessive stretching, which leads to microtraumas.
The main muscle on the front surface of the neck, it is impossible to train or strengthen. Her fiber is too thin. So over time loses its tone, there are sagging.
Causes of premature aging of the neck there are many:
- heredity. If the parents could not boast of a youthful appearance after the age of 30-40 years and their children also should not rely on this;
- insufficient care. Often, many pay attention only to maintain a youthful face, completely forgetting about the neck and decollete. But these sites also need regular cleaning, exfoliation of dead cells of the epidermis, moisturizing and saturating with useful vitamins;
- excessive tanning and Solarium. Ultraviolet rays dry the skin, why they become flabby and wrinkled;
- sedentary lifestyle;
- improper diet;
- alcohol abuse and Smoking;
- skin rashes, clogged pores and acne. Most of these defects affects people with oily and shiny skin by nature, because of accelerated sebaceous glands;
- incorrect posture. The habit of constantly stoop or sleeping on too high pillow causes the appearance of creases and wrinkles and lines.
Indications and contraindications
Ideal patients for liposuction are neck people with mild obesity.
- the presence of fat in the cervical-mental angle,
- education withers,
- violation of the contours of the lower face and chin.
Also, the action resolves:
- age-related ptosis of the soft tissues,
- sagging of the skin,
- to get rid of double chin.
Don’t carry out liposuction women in any trimester of pregnancy and during lactation.
The procedure is contraindicated in the presence of serious health problems:
- diseases of the endocrine system;
- of diabetes;
- disorders of blood clotting;
- heart disease and heart failure;
- chronic hypertension;
- a heart attack or stroke in anamnesis;
- dermatological diseases of the skin (allergic or infectious rash, wounds, bruises, scars);
- the active stage of acute infections (SARS, influenza, herpes);
- of disorders of the urinary system.
Photo: Before and after
Features of liposuction of the neck
Before the surgery, the doctor must inspect the patient’s skin, assess skin turgor and thickness, the degree of stretching. Because of insufficient elasticity of the skin will not achieve the desired cosmetic effect, and the risk of complications increases.
If the skin is tired and thin, sagging, you may need additional tightening.
There are several types of liposuction of the neck:
- tumescent involves careful softening of fat by local injection under pressure of the composition with antiseptic, lidocaine, adrenaline and saline solution;
- laser – exposure of the membranes of fat cells beam thermal beam through the optical fiber, introduced into small punctures. The method allows simultaneously to seal off damaged blood vessels, and the high temperature stimulates the production of the tissue collagen fibers.
- ultrasonic destruction of fat layer by high frequency oscillations generated by the probe, and the vacuum pumping of the emulsified fat. After this procedure the skin is visibly rejuvenated and becomes more elastic;
- radio frequency – burning fat by using radio wave radiation, bringing it to uniformity and suctioning;
- water-jet – fluid under a powerful pressure for diluting body fat.
Depending on the volume of sediment used as local or systemic anesthesia. Before manipulation, the surgeon outlines the special marker places.
Usually three of them:
- the sides in the area under the earlobes;
- one under the chin.
Each technique has its advantages and disadvantages, so the doctor selects it individually.
However, the operation is a little different:
- In small incisions or punctures inject the solution.
- Through a special cannula is not sharp titanium needles, to which is attached a sterile hose, diluted or brought to a homogeneous semi-liquid state of the fat emulsion appears to the apparatus.
- At the same time, the doctor performs a translational movement of the cannula parallel to the skin, stimulating the pumping of sediment and giving the desired shape to the tissue. Due to the fact that the cannulas rounded at the ends reduces the chance of damage to the blood vessels and capillaries.
- The incision is not sutured absorbable threads are installed drainpipe and imposed tight neck headband.
Getting rid of the withers
The accumulation of fatty deposits in the back of the neck and upper part of the back leads to the formation of a neck hump.
It is found in many patients with obesity after administration of steroid preparations, in women during menopause. The lump gradually grows and spreads to the sides of the head and neck.
It cannot be got rid of with massage, exercise or diet. Liposuction of the withers on the neck – the only effective workaround.
Most frequently used are low-impact methods: tumescent or radio frequency.
Before you decide to have liposuction, you should realize that this is a real operation. So patients, even those without health problems, may face certain risks. It is not always possible to predict the individual response of the body.
There is a risk:
- intoxication with lidocaine until the heart stops;
- of an infection;
- imbalance of fluid when pumping oil;
- the appearance of skin pigmentation;
- nerve damage;
- when laser or ultrasonic method of getting burn;
- accumulation in the dermis of blood clots, it is not remotely fat emulsion.
If we raise the temperature of the body and not fall, there is dizziness, nausea, headache, tachycardia, increased sweating, chills, be sure to tell your doctor.
Perhaps this is a sign of inflammation, which requires timely antibiotic therapy.
Video: For consultations in the clinic
Swelling, bruising, slight bruising and numbness occur almost always, so it is not necessary for them to survive. They go through 6-8 weeks.
In very rare cases, serious threaten health and even life complications such as:
- pulmonary edema as a reaction to the anesthesia, overdose of anesthesia;
- damage of blood vessels and bleeding;
- necrosis of the skin;
- asymmetry of the tissues;
- excess skin;
- surface irregularities (bumps, hollows, pits);
- fat embolism;
- keloid scars;
- of seroma.
Necessary tests and examinations
If you have any chronic diseases, then you need to visit not only the GP but also by specialists. Liposuction can not be carried out during periods of disease exacerbation. Will also have an electrocardiogram, chest x-rays.
You will also need to be tested:
- General blood biochemistry, HIV, hepatitis C and b;
- the General analysis of urine.
Two weeks before surgery should stop taking medicines affecting the blood circulation increase.
These include products containing aspirin, hormonal contraceptives, anticoagulants.
Recommended to stop Smoking, since nicotine adversely affects the wound healing rate of tissue. Preferably this period of time, balanced diet, try regular bowel movements.
The rehabilitation period
The patient can go home within a few hours after the procedure. But to minimize the chance of complications, it is advisable to be in hospital for the day.
Features of postoperative care:
- to reduce swelling a doctor can prescribe cool compresses;
- to reduce the intensity of pain used analgesics;
- as prophylaxis infections prescribe a course of antibiotics;
- depending on the size of the incisions and the sutures are removed in 5-10 days.
A day pressure bandage replace less compressive. Within two weeks the patient must wear a support brace, do not remove it even at night.
The final result of the operation can only be assessed after 3-4 months.
Swelling will completely disappear, the muscles will get used to the new shape, and tissue tighten and acquire a clear outline. Two weeks later, on prescription you can go for lymphatic drainage massage, use microcurrent therapy, ozone therapy.
Whether to combine with a similar procedure on her chin
Liposuction of the neck is performed as a separate operation, and is combined with removal of fatty deposits in the chin area.
In some cases it is advisable to simultaneously perform:
- corsetry the plastic (sutured medial edges of the muscle),
- cervicoplasty (excision of excess skin),
- facelift, facelift.
While not developed or beveled chin used the arthroplasty. By the insertion of an implant through the access in the natural crease under the chin or in the mouth.
The average cost
The price of neck liposuction depends on the amount of body fat, chosen method of intervention, type of anesthesia, equipment used, qualifications of the clinic, the need for antibiotic and pain killers.
The approximate cost given in the table.
The name of the procedure
Price (thousand rbl.)
Tumescent liposuction of the neck
Removal of cervical hump
Laser liposuction of the chin
To the operation and recovery were without complications, experts recommend patients to follow some simple rules two weeks before the surgery and after the procedure:
- To balance the daily diet. To exclude fried, smoked, salty. Should limit sweets, stop drinking alcohol, drink strong coffee. You need to eat more fresh fruits and vegetables, lean meats, sea fish, nuts, vegetable oil.
- To swelling has gone faster is necessary to observe a drinking mode. You should not drink more than 1.5 liters of water per day. But also not unduly restrict fluid intake, as the body needs moisture.
- It is forbidden to sunbathe on the beach or in the Solarium to visit the baths, saunas, overheat or SuperCool.
- It is important to avoid hard physical exertion.
- Exercises can be started only with the permission of a doctor no earlier than a month, gradually increasing the intensity of training.
- To normal activities you can return in a week.
- If the pain persists or intensifies, you should immediately consult a doctor.
Neck liposuction is a safe procedure if it performs experienced surgeon.
So before you lie on the operating table, should:
- study reviews clinic
- ask about the experience and qualifications of the medical staff.
Only the skillful action of the doctor depends on how successful will be the result and what will be the duration of the rehabilitation period.