Milk peeling (peeling lactic acid) — what is it, reviews, in home conditions, consequences, prices, photos before and after
Such peeling does not become a stress to the body, as it is not a synthetic compound.
Lactic acid is a unique natural component that is able to regulate the water balance of the skin and restore its protective functions. Since the days of the famous Egyptian Queen Cleopatra was known that milk is a source of youth, health and beauty.
Ancient women believed that milk is nature’s storehouse of nutrients and various vitamins. Milk helps with whitening the face, it effectively fights aging, moisturizes, nourishes and regenerates the skin.
Lactic acid has a number of advantages and features:
- Keratolytic action. Due to this property it becomes possible exfoliation of dead cells and renewal of the basal layer of the skin.
- Moisturizing effect. Lactic acid has the ability to attract and retain moisture, thereby increasing skin elasticity and favours the renewal of the epidermis. Due to the recent change dead come alive keratinocytes (it is the active cell formed in the layer just above the dermis), which provides hydration of the skin, is to moisturize on a deep level.
- The lifting effect. This effect is achieved through cell division and stimulation of cells of the papillary layer of the dermis. They produce elastin, fibronectin and collagen, and are also responsible for the synthesis of certain molecules, which are responsible for the natural lubricant in our body.
- Bleaching action. This is due to the exfoliation of the Horny layer of the skin. Moreover, lactic acid helps to distribute melanin granules in the epidermis, which leads to the alignment of the complexion.
- Anti-inflammatory and bacteriostatic action. Is due to the «acidifying effect», which provides the appearance of the barrier. Thus, for bacteria and fungi creates unfavorable conditions of existence, and they die.
- An antioxidant effect. Acid reduces the production of free radicals and protects the skin from aggressive environment.
Video: How is the procedure
The essence of the procedure
This rejuvenating treatment, which is based on the action of lactic acid obtained by fermentation of milk. In addition, in the composition of the peeling includes glycolic and salicylic acid. Complex effect of these acids can align the tone and texture of skin, reduce the depth of existing wrinkles, enhance the skin’s protective function, reduce the severity of acne and age spots.
The procedure itself takes between fifteen minutes to half an hour. Session duration and frequency is assigned a specialist.
On average, the rate of lactic acid peel is from three to five sessions, depending on the depth of the problem, skin type and characteristics of the patient. The frequency often is two weeks.
Peeling as follows:
- by using lotion to remove makeup completely removed;
- before the procedure, the skin is wiped with alcohol. So it is degreased;
- with the help of a cotton pad to apply the composition. It is applied in a strict sequence: forehead, temples, cheeks, décolleté, the surface of the neck, chin, nose, the skin around the eyes;
- on the patient’s skin it lasts from two to twenty minutes;
- the catalyst is applied in the reverse sequence and directly on the peeling layer;
- solutions are washed down with plenty of cold water (in any case, not hot, as it comes into effect with lactic acid and can cause irritation);
- the skin is dried, and then moistened. Most often used for this mask with seaweed, as they do not need washing and have a cooling effect.
The effect of this type of peeling is noticeable almost immediately after the first procedure, and for the most pronounced effect requires a course of treatment, after which it is necessary to use a supportive and restorative cosmetic care for the skin.
The periodicity of
To achieve the most pronounced effect, requires the passage of four to eight treatments at intervals of two weeks. The frequency of session may vary depending on the individual characteristics of the patient’s skin.
The result of the procedure lasts for one year with only occasional use of home remedies with lactic acid content.
Such cleaning has a number of advantages:
- no Allergy in mind the naturalness of the components used;
- careful action (milk peeling is recognized as the most gentle peeling);
- the lack of redness and irritation after the procedure;
- no peeling of the skin;
- the lack of effect of drying out the skin;
- the possibility of applying at any time of the year;
- the effect is noticeable after the first procedure;
- the lack of rehabilitation period;
- the possibility of application to various body areas;
- safety for patients with dark skin (no risk of hyperpigmentation).
It is recommended in the following cases:
- for dry, dull and dehydrated skin;
- the presence of wrinkles (especially small);
- for acne and post-acne;
- bumps and redness;
- sensitive skin;
- sagging, loss of skin tone;
- fresh stretch marks on the face;
- for shallow wrinkles.
Procedure milk peeling has its contraindications:
- the herpes active;
- recent hair removal;
- violations of the integrity of the skin;
- diabetes mellitus;
- fresh tan;
- pregnancy and lactation.
At the beginning of the procedure skin removes the dead layer of cells, eliminates the existing inflammation. Subsequently there is a change and improvement in complexion, but most importantly – start a successful cell renewal.
Often peel with lactic acid acts as a preparatory procedure before other cosmetic procedures. As a result of such peeling aktiviziruyutsya important metabolic processes that prepare the skin for further exposure.
As a result, you get the following:
- the renewal of the epidermis;
- the removal of dead skin layer of cells;
- getting rid of inflammation;
- lighten pigmented areas of the skin;
- stimulation of collagen and elastin;
- firmness and freshness.
Tips for choosing
Here are some features that you should pay attention before you get started:
- Before starting milk peeling, ask your beautician how much he uses this tool and what results were obtained. Some manufacturers of dairy peels use very aggressive components, and in the end turns out not peeling surface, as implied in its essence, a surface-middle or even middle.
- Ask what the ingredients are in the peel. In some cases for the best possible whitening effect, manufacturers add toxic hydroquinone, causing disruption of the endocrine system.
- If the composition of the peeling includes glycerin, should take into account its tendency to suck water from the depths of the skin and hold it on the surface instead of taking it out of the air. Subsequently, this feature leads to excessively dried skin.
The period of rehabilitation and recommendations
After the procedure, experts recommend to adhere to following rules:
- do not touch or comb the skin that was subjected to peeling;
- to abandon the use of cosmetics during the day;
- to abandon the use of aggressive detergents for three days;
- avoid direct exposure to sunlight;
- to abandon the hair removal on the treated areas.
Among the possible side effects include the following:
- skin peeling for several days after peeling;
- slight erythema for one or two days;
- burning sensation (takes place immediately after neutralizing and moisturizing);
- increasing skin sensitivity (it helps the Shea butter or panthenol);
- burns (in violation of the technique of peeling).
Milk peeling at home
Milk peeling refers to a number of chemical peels, making it at home should be done according to a strict algorithm, in order to avoid negative consequences.
- Prerequisites home peels: cotton pads, rubbing alcohol, lotion for the face, a special solution (with lactic acid) and hair dryer. Very often, instead of lactic acid used drops hilak Forte, which contains 90% acid. Please note! For peeling at home is it better to use a smaller value of the acid and the peeling from reputable cosmetic manufacturers.
- The peeling procedure begins with a face wash. She then gently wiped with a suitable lotion.
- Skin degreased with alcohol, which is uniformly applied with a cotton pad.
- A cotton pad moistened with a solution of lactic acid and relate to the person in the following order: forehead, temples, chin, neck, nose, skin around the eyes. Apply the solution on the lips or nasolabial region is impossible.
- The sprayed solution is kept for one to two minutes. At this time you may feel burning or slight tingling is a normal reaction. If the burning sensation becomes unbearable, discontinue the procedure to avoid irritation or chemical burns.
- After two minutes the solution is washed off with cold water.
Video: cleaning your face with lactic acid at home
- If you feel discomfort during the procedure, aim at the face with cold the stream from the dryer, and they will pass.
- If you are the owner of very dry skin before the procedure it is necessary to grease fat cream in the eye area, lips and nose.
- Duration should increase gradually. So, the skin will have time to get used to the effects of lactic acid.
- When it comes time to moisturize the skin after the procedure, be sure to use the cream that suits your skin type.
- Experts do not recommend the use of lactic acid with a concentration that exceeds forty percent. In the event of this peeling, the improvements is better to go gradually.
- The best time for peeling lactic acid – this time from October to March, as the sun does not have much activity.
- After the procedure the skin should be protected with sunscreen cream with a high protection level is 30-50.
Body peeling with lactic acid is carried out in the shower. For this you will need the following:
- a special scrub;
- hard washcloth;
- body lotion;
If you have tanned skin or wounds, from the peeling procedure, you should refrain for a while.
If everything is in order, it should be conducted in the following sequence:
- Massage begins with a stiff sponge. This leads to skin tone and gradually prepares you for the procedure.
- Then taken a shower to warm the body under the jets of warm water.
- The soles of the feet rubbed with pumice.
- Scrub is distributed to the body in upward circular motions, starting from the soles. For peeling back use a brush with a long handle.
During the procedure, should adhere to the following precautions:
- Ensure that the tool does not hit in the eye.
- Try to avoid the area between the nose and lips, the skin in this place is very sensitive.
- Before you start peeling you can apply vaseline on the skin around the eyes and nose, it will protect them.
- Be sure to observe the time.
- In the cream, which will be applied must contain retinoids and acids.
- Gradually increase the time of treatment.
Tiande is an international brand, established in the beauty industry. It is a collection of cosmetic products, developed on the basis of ancient recipes of Oriental medicine and incorporated the latest scientific developments.
Tiande brand produces more than 500 types of products, which includes the means to care for face, body, hair, makeup, peels and more. The main producers are sufficiently large state-owned enterprises of China that have international quality certificates.
Here is one of the products of this company: Peeling universal «Milk».
- It includes: protein, vitamin, whole milk and alpha hydroxy acids.
- This product contributes to effective cleansing of the skin, improving circulation and metabolic processes.
- Whitens, evens overall skin tone, nourishes, moisturizes, restores the natural color and increases skin elasticity.
Price: 240 roubles.
Mediderma company offers a wide assortment of chemical peels, including milk. Mediderma produces about forty types of chemical peels ranging from superficial to deep.
Any product from this manufacturer is top-notch and high-quality drug created using the latest technologies and in accordance with the European standards for the manufacture of cosmetic and pharmaceutical products.
Here are a few products from this company:
1.Milk peeling «LACTIPEEL»
This product is based on lactic acid and is ideal to moisturize and cleanse the skin. The impact is delicate, however, with this, no crashes and its penetrating ability.
It allows useful components to penetrate into dermis and moisturize on a deep level. It is best suited for dry and dehydrated skin, smoothes and tightens the skin, has a brightening effect. Cost: 2500 rubles.
Contains: allantoin, lactic acid, alanin, urea. This peel is suitable for pigmented and sensitive skin. As a result, it significantly improves the microcirculation of the skin, reduces the depth of static wrinkles and improves overall skin tone. Price: 900 rubles.
Rates, primarily consist of the cost of the used peels and this may explain the cost of one procedure, which ranges from 700 to 2500 rubles.
|1 hour||Milk peeling||1 900|
Frequently asked questions
How often do you conduct?
It all depends on the depth of the problem and skin type. Most often, the interval between treatments ranges from ten to fourteen days.
Is it dangerous to do at home?
Any cosmetic procedure carries a small risk, but milk peeling is a safe procedure. The only danger that can lie in wait for you at home – is the inability to correctly calculate the time during which the mask will remain on your face. If you overdo, you may experience irritation or even burn.
Is it possible to spend the summer?
Possible, but not desirable. Like any other type of peel, milk peel is best done in either fall or winter.
How many procedures have to do so the effect was not only noticeable, but still remained for a long time?
The best option is to conduct eight procedures. The effect of their conduct will last for the whole year. It is necessary to use cosmetics with care, containing lactic acid.
Is it possible to make teenagers with acne?
Yes, you can. First, acne is an indications for lactic acid peel, and secondly, he is recognized as the most gentle, therefore ideal for young skin and fragile body.
The before and after photos