Peeling calcium chloride — what is it, reviews, videos, contraindications, photos before and after
Now the method on the Internet proudly called the «Hollywood peel». In fact, he was known and was widely used during the Soviet Union.
You can ask their mothers and grandmothers, and many will remember about exfoliation with the use of calcium chloride, which at the time was called simply «Setochka».
That method has long been known, evidence of its security, subject to indications and contraindications, and effectiveness, which allowed him to come to us decades after its invention.
How it works
The substance interacts with the soluble sodium and potassium salts of higher citric acid with the formation of films of water-insoluble calcium salts of those tricarboxylic acids, which then roll off the surface of the skin, Kusheva and capturing dead cells from the skin’s surface.
At first glance, very difficult. In fact, nothing complicated (except for the big words, except that) no.
The highest citric acid is such substances contained in animal and vegetable fats, and which are used for the production of natural soap.
Any detergent, gel or foam cleanser that is made on the basis of the sodium Laureth sulfate or sodium lauryl sulfate correct response doesn’t give you. Therefore need to take baby soap, which is made exclusively of vegetable and animal fats without any additives.
Sodium salts of higher citric acid is a solid soap. Potassium, respectively, liquid soap, which should not be confused with the same Laureth sulfate.
In the interaction of natural soap and calcium chloride are formed salt:
- roll slushaut top layer of the epidermis;
- provide significant tightening of the skin and its matte finish, which is very nice the owners of oily and problematic skin;
- clean the mouth of the sebaceous glands;
- contribute to the contraction of the pores;
- lightens the skin;
- dried small pimples and inflammation on the face.
It is important!!!! In order to obtain a pronounced lifting effect and pores, after washing off the remnants of the funds to wait 10-15 minutes before you apply a mask or cream.
Possible side effects
- the appearance of dry skin in her lack of care and moisturizing;
- the appearance of foci of pigmentation and the heterogeneity of the complexion;
- allergic reactions;
- burns, if you apply the drug on the injured skin or leave on for long period of time (e.g. overnight).
Video: Peeling for the face
- dry and dehydrated skin: can become even worse;
- the presence of small and large sores on the skin;
- Allergy to any component of the drug;
- fresh sunburn, thermal or chemical skin burns in the recent past;
- viral, bacterial and fungal diseases of the skin;
- exacerbation of acne with an abundance of new elements, especially purulent.
How to get the greatest effect
- Do not just take a 10% solution of calcium chloride. Better to start with 5% concentration and then move to more concentrated solution.
- Before proceeding, it is necessary to examine the skin in the area of the intended procedure and make sure that the skin no wounds, scratches, cuts and scratches. Even if somewhere there is a small cut from a recently squeezed or torn spots, the procedure is better to be postponed, as high risk of burns.
- If your skin is combination (oily in the T-zone and dry/sensitive cheeks), the coating solution is only possible on the T-zone or you can reduce the number of layers of product for the cheeks and 1.
- The first procedure is better to not hold on the face and on any area of the body where the skin is thicker. For example, on the back, chest, or hands. If the skin tolerates the application of the solution of calcium chloride, you can make peeling the bedroll and face.
- When applying the solution on your face, you must avoid the area around the eyes, red border of lips and the upper lip to the nose.
- Be sure to follow those to the facial skin before applying the solution was perfectly dry. During the procedure, the use of water should be kept to a minimum. Do not try to wash off the solution with water and if the burning sensation is too strong: first, it should be possible to wipe a napkin, then rinse with soap and water.
- Better to do the procedure in the evening, so the skin has time enough to settle down for the night. After the procedure is necessary to change the bed linen to the skin does not get dirt and bacteria.
- After the procedure, you must use a sunscreen with SPF not lower than 50 a long time, and even better constantly.
How to make your own
Method 1. For those who will be doing the procedure for the first time.
- You must wash your face with soap, gel or foam to wash, and wipe dry.
- Vent the vial with calcium chloride solution abundantly wetted cotton pad and apply to skin. Give the first layer to dry and apply a second. So repeat until, until the contents of the vial over.
- Take a baby soap and a little wetted it with water. We soap up beyond the hands. You can lather a cotton pad, but it is the first time it is difficult to observe the condition of a minimum use of water during the procedure.
- Begin to massage the face with your hands or a disk with large amount of soapy foam on the massage lines. Should form a soft whitish pellets. Soap as the procedure, you can add again and again. The hand movements should be soft, without pressure. For a long time to stay in one place is not necessary.
- When the pellets cease to be formed, wash off the soap residue with warm water.
- On the face after washing you can apply a nourishing or hydrating mask, ampoule concentrate, alginate mask, to quickly soothe the skin and create the best conditions for the regeneration of the skin. Closes the skin after treatments and washing off the mask any light cream.
Method 2. For «advanced users».
The method allows to save time and to carry out the procedure much faster. But suitable only for those who already know the possible reaction of your skin to the peel-roll.
- On the prepared face to apply a thick lather in a single layer. Then the fingers dipped in a solution of calcium chloride and spend soft massage on the massage lines to form pellets.
- When the skin begins to «creak» under your fingers, the remnants of tools and soap solution washed with water.
Video: Victoria Bonya about peeling
How often can I do the peeling calcium chloride
Conduct short courses of peel 1 procedure 1 time a week 3 weeks in a row. Then you need to take a break for 2-3 months.
In that case, if the skin is thin, normal/combination, and sensitive, can be limited to 1 procedure 1 time per month. For such a skin should be limited to half of an ampoule of 5% solution of the drug per 1 procedure not to injure the skin too hard and do not cause irritation.
The skin after peeling chloride (as in other matters, and after any other peeling) severely dehydrated because she needs extra care moisturizing.
Recipe 1. Soothing whitening mask.
25 ml of the decoction or infusion of chamomile, and a tea-spoonful of fine oatmeal, pulp of 1/3 of banana mix and apply on face for 10-15 minutes. Also good to soothe the skin extracts of sage, calendula and mint that can be added instead of or along with chamomile extract.
Recipe 2. The mask is anti-inflammatory. Suitable only for oily skin.
To prepare the mask you need baby powder at the tip of the knife, 2-3 drops of essential tea tree oil, decoction of herbs with anti-inflammatory properties (chamomile, mint, sage, eucalyptus prutovidnyi, calendula etc.), any basis for the mask (banana pulp, etc.). All the ingredients are mixed and applied to the skin after the peel for 10-15 minutes. After washing off the mask the skin need to apply any light moisturizer.
Recipe 3. Moisturizing and whitening phytic mask.
Phytic acid has a pronounced anti-inflammatory, antioxidant, anticancer and bleaching action. Phytic peels are performed in salons with strict observance of the rules of procedure, as its acidity 1.2, and the risk of burns.
A large number of contains in soybeans. To prepare the mask, we need infant formula based on soy protein isolate ( soy protein, specially cleaned).
Soy protein isolate we can obtain the necessary skin for the amount of phytic acid, which due to the content of a large number of other nutrients and low concentrations acts much softer.
Take 2 scoops of the mixture and dissolve them 1 teaspoon of filtered or distilled water. The mask is applied on the skin until dry and then rinse with a soft sponge. You can also apply the mask under the film, to extend its stay on the skin and to facilitate flushing.
Recipe 4. The restoration of normal content of coenzyme Q in the skin.
Any chemical peel, though aimed at the rejuvenation, leads to a deficiency of biologically active substances that prevent skin damage and aging. Such substances primarily include coenzyme Q (aka ubiquinone) and alpha-tocopherol.
Restore their normal content can be applied to the skin creams and emulsions containing natural vegetable oil, in which ubiquinone and alpha-tocopherol contains a sufficient amount.
Such oils include macadamia nut oil, jojoba, avocado, grapeseed, and many others. Apply oil and undiluted after any of the above masks.