Peeling of Jessner (Jessner peel) — what is it, reviews, home, prices, photos before and after
Cosmetologist can apply more layers peeling of Gessner for the sake of fashion for medium peels among customers, but it will be done at odds with scientific knowledge and developments. It is preferred by those customers who are interested to abundant skin. In spite of this, this method belongs to the so-called «social peels», because after the event the client does not need to take unpaid leave and hide from people.
He may go about their daily chores, go to work and meet with friends. But it is only in the case if during the execution of the procedure, the esthetician stops at level 1.
In the product contains lactic and salicylic acid in equal proportions (14%) and resorcinol. In some preparations, the lactic acid content may increase to 20% to obtain a more pronounced exfoliating effect. The solvent in the peeling of Jessner acts of ethyl alcohol, hence the distinct smell of alcohol when applied.
Characteristics of lactic acid
She otnositsa to ANA-acids. A common property of ANA-acids in cosmetics is the ability to destroy the ties between the scales of the Horny layer of the epidermis and speed up the process of separating from the skin.
Acid is non-toxic, completely safe from the biological point of view while respecting the rules of its use and precautions.
- antibacterial: it is produced by the skin in small amounts and falls onto its surface, which creates an acidic environment, inhibiting the reproduction of microorganisms;
- has anti-inflammatory effects;
- whitens skin, lightens dark spots;
- is part of the natural moisturizing factor – complex of substances that retain water molecules on the surface of the skin and contribute to its hydration;
- improves elasticity of sagging and dehydrated skin;
- reduces the depth of wrinkles;
- helps narrow pores, reduces the density of blackheads;
- regulates the acid-alkaline balance of the skin, with continued use helps to cure a number of skin diseases such as acne.
Rules of application:
- be sure to carry out a patch test: small amount of drug applied to the bend of the elbow and watch the reaction for several hours;
- do not apply preparations with lactic acid on the area around the eyes and mouth; do not apply with a high content of lactic acid for sensitive skin;
- lactic acid should not be applied to mucous membranes as it can cause severe burns and necrosis;
- you cannot use on damaged skin with sores and abrasions;
- after applying it is necessary to use creams with SPF protection of at least 50;
- the best effect is achieved if you use products that inhibit the synthesis of melanin in special skin cells melanocytes such as arbutin, extracts of bearberry and licorice.
Compared to glycolic acid it is more slowly and evenly fits into the skin. This reduces the risk of side effects and skin irritation after the procedure.
Characteristics of salicylic acid
Salicylic acid is a beta hydroxy acid and is a derivative of aspirin. Cosmetic properties of salicylic acid:
- enhances the action of AHA acids combined drugs;
- as a derivative of aspirin has powerful anti-inflammatory effect;
- acidic water-lipid mantle of the skin, preventing the growth of bacteria;
- exfoliates dead skin cells, thereby reducing the intensity of pigmentation, smooth fine wrinkles;
- activates metabolic processes in the skin and stimulates the production of collagen and elastin.
- has an antioxidant effect;
- normalizes the sebaceous glands activity and prevents formation of comedones.
Rules of application of preparations with salicylic acid, comprising:
- large quantities of salicylic acid can have toxic effects even when used topically, so it is prohibited to used by pregnant women, children, people with kidney failure;
- the constant use of the funds with salicylic acid is unacceptable, you need to take breaks between courses not less than month;
- cannot be combined with such drugs for local application as pigmented spots, zineryt, differin.
Characteristics of resorcinol
Resorcinol relates to dihydric phenols and has the properties of phenols.
Resorcinol is used as:
- disinfectant agent;
- the drug that has tanning effect on the skin;
- cauterizing tool, not causing no pain and scarring;
- weak keratolytic agent.
Due to the resorcinol donkey peeling of Jessner never left scars, even in theses cases, where there is an unreasonably large number of layers or increasing the exposure time of the drug on the skin.
Substance easily penetrates through the skin into the blood stream. When applied to drugs with a high concentration of resorcinol on large areas of skin can cause side effects such as:
- severe irritation of the skin;
- the increase in pulse frequency;
- noise in the ears;
- shortness of breath;
- the appearance of pallor or bluish coloring of the skin;
At contact of the drug with blond hair perhaps the appearance of a reddish coloration of the strands.
The resorcinol excreted as metabolites by the kidneys and liver. It is the resorcinol in the peel of Jessner is the limiting factor, which explains why the procedure can not be from the surface to turn in the middle, adding the «extra» layers and increasing the permeability of the skin for phenol derivatives. Those with heart, liver and kidneys healthy and have a «margin of safety» may not notice the toxic effects of resorcinol on the body that increases with each new layer.
If health problems or if you do not want to risk, better to hold medium peel to choose products that are specifically designed for medium-depth peeling. The same trichloroacetic acid, for example.
- acne remission;
- the heterogeneity of the surface and the color of the skin;
- sagging skin, loss of elasticity as a result of dehydration;
- a comprehensive treatment of foci of hyperpigmentation on the skin;
- removing signs of photoaging;
- smoothing of wrinkles with the exception of wrinkles in the corners of the mouth and «crow’s feet»;
- the presence of keratitis, freckles, chloasma, which are removed;
- normalization of work of sebaceous glands and reduction of severity of acne;
- tightening of the skin;
- rejuvenation and improvement of skin structure;
- the presence of stretch marks;
- growing of hair.
Video: peeling on the hands
- time of carrying a child and feeding him breast milk;
- symptoms of herpes, warts and molluscum contagiosum, bacterial and fungal diseases of the skin;
- exacerbation of acne and/or presence of the skin pustular lesions;
- wounds and abrasions on the face;
- local application of camphor, menthol, phenazone, fenilsalicilat;
- local and systemic retinoids (Roaccutane, retin-A, etc.);
- fresh tan;
- colds, accompanied by a rise in body temperature;
- Allergy to components of the preparation for peeling;
- serious diseases of the cardiovascular system, liver, kidneys;
- diabetes mellitus;
- mental illness and psychological state associated with increased excitability of the nervous system;
- receiving sulfonamides, estrogens (birth control pills), tetratziklinovykh antibiotics;
- thyroid disease;
Peeling of Gessner no special training is required. At the discretion of the beautician before the procedure of peeling can be performed by mechanical cleaning and is recommended to use cosmetic products with a low content of AHA acids.
How is the procedure
Stage 1. The skin is cleansed with special products of make-up and dirt and degreased. Stage 2. The composition of the peeling is applied in layers 1-2, rarely 3 layers with an interval between applications in 5 minutes. Usually the drug causes burning, to reduce which is fan or fan. The preparation is applied on the thin and sensitive skin disposable applicator. For oily skin you can take gauze.
Video: How is the peeling
There are two reference points for the esthetician who conducts the procedure by which it can judge the approximate depth of penetration of the drug.
The first landmark is the appearance of salts of acids in the form of a whitish plaque, which can easily be brushed off with a cotton pad. This so-called Level 1, which corresponds to a light superficial peeling. Normally after such procedures there is a slight peeling on the second or third day.
The second benchmark is the appearance of the effect of frosting or frost, which also has a whitish color, but the skin surface is not removed. This is the Level 2 at which peeling becomes POVERKhNOSTNO-median. Flaking after this peel can be very intensively for almost a week.
Stage 3. At the end of the procedure, the remnants of the drug are removed from the skin and apply a moisturizer provided the regulations of procedure.
Depending on the number of layers changes the reaction of the skin and the time needed for her recovery. On the first level there is a slight peeling.
In this case, it is recommended to take time off from makeup, visiting the gym and heat treatments, use sunscreen, wash with acidified water and applied topically moisturizer water-based serum or ampoule concentrates.
On the second level, the formation of the film which is finally formed on the second or third day after the procedure and visibly tightens the face.
After a few days the skin is covered with extensive crusts, which gradually descend in large formations. The crust can persist for up to six weeks. To remove it on their own is impossible. At this level everything listed above is added a ban on any massage and facial treatments. Added tools to moisturize the skin and promote its regeneration. This can be a foam or a spray-drier, micellar water, alginate masks and other skincare with a strong moisturizing and antioxidant action.
If the film and the feeling of tightness is very pronounced, it is recommended to wash very carefully without any sudden movements that the film does not burst at the point of greatest tension. Breaks create adverse conditions to restore the structure of injured skin. Continuous is also possible during the day or intermittently long-wearing hydrating masks, cloth or silicone.
On the day of the peeling procedure, it is recommended to change the bed linen, to bring or to wear immediately shirt or Golf with a soft collar or open neck, so as not to touch the skin once again and avoid entering large amounts of bacteria.
How often can I do
Usually the procedure is performed 1 time per 6 weeks. In order to reduce this interval, there must be serious reasons, to determine which should cosmetologist. The course runs 3-4 treatments.
Peeling of Jessner at home
Peeling of Jessner is not a procedure that is carried out independently at home.
- There are many contraindications for peeling of Gessner that must be taken into account.
- There are a large number of drugs that can be applied either before or after the procedure to avoid adverse reactions in the skin.
- There is a risk of complications.
- There are a large number of safer ways to remove the skin at home. For example, the same «Setochka», which for many years folk have shown its safety and effectiveness.
Prices for the procedure of peeling of Gessner in Moscow is from 3500 rubles up to 7500 rubles.
The before and after photos