Rehabilitation after rhinoplasty, nose, surgery, recovery
Rhinoplasty is considered to be a complex plastic surgery: the possible error of the physician, the patient violation of rules, the recovery period can lead to serious complications in the postoperative period.
Complications not only lead to unsatisfactory aesthetic result of the operation, but also to tangible uhudshenye health. According to the statistics, complications after rhinoplasty are in 8-15 % of cases.
Among the complications after rhinoplasty are the following:
- during the operation, due to the error of the surgeon, may occur damage of the skin and cartilage of the nose, then formed the rough scars and adhesions that need to remove.
- damage to the bone structure: it is also a consequence of errors of the surgeon during dissection of the nasal bones. This is a serious complication that leads to poor aesthetic and functional result. With this complication usually have a second operation.
- severe bleeding during surgery (is due to disturbance of blood clotting). Be treated with medication.
- infection and, as a result, additional complications. To eliminate the use of antibiotics and other drugs.
- resulting from excessive incisions, cauterization during surgery, worsening of blood supply, infectious factors may occur such a formidable complication as necrosis of the skin, bone and cartilage of the nose. Necrotic tissue should be removed.
- joints: the main thing to notice in time and take adequate measures, then serious consequences will be. Obrabatyvatsya incision, stitches are made anew. If this is not done – unable to form scars;
- diverse deformation of the nose, breathing problems – all these can cause scarring, impaired blood supply and other factors of healing, This situation may be due to errors of the surgeon.
The above complications can be regarded as functional.
There are also complications aesthetic:
- drooping or too upturned nasal tip;
- coracoid, saddle deformity of the nose, its curvature and other options strain.
Such complications after rhinoplasty are often associated with insufficient or excessive resection of tissue asymmetry. When there is insufficient removal of tissue to correct the problem much easier.
But the correction of excessive resection is a difficult, sometimes complicated by scarring may require transplantation.
Video: How is
The restrictions after surgery
To reduce the potential for unpleasant complications, you must follow the rules of the rehabilitation period, which involve a number of prohibitions:
- there should be absolutely no Smoking in the period before the surgery (two weeks), and after it: nicotine negatively affects the regenerative function of the tissues;
do not take aspirin and other medicines that affect the process of blood clotting;
- refrain from any physical activity with the aim to prevent high blood pressure and not to injure the olfactory organ;
- need to sleep on the back, lifting the head: this will facilitate the process of falling swelling;
- for 2-3 weeks after the surgery Solarium, swimming pool, beach, not to take a hot bath to prevent epistaxis;
- do not plan pregnancy during the year after surgery;
- not to use makeup for 2 weeks.
These are General recommendations and there are special tips:
- within two weeks you need to wear on a special nose plaster mold-bandage until the tissue does not get stronger;
- within a few weeks to take food only in the form of heat, eliminating as too hot and cold food;
- for six weeks you cannot blow your nose, for purification of the nose need to use special sticks;
- eliminate wearing glasses for 2-3 months (pressure on the nose);
- you need to carefully monitor their health and avoid colds – after coughing and sneezing after rhinoplasty can completely undo the result of the operation. Besides after rhinoplasty for a few months is very desirable to use drops for the nose.
Photo: Before and after
Rehabilitation periods after rhinoplasty
Postoperative period after rhinoplasty is performed in four stages:
- the first phase lasts about a week. It is a period when you need to wear a plaster or a dressing inside the nose tampons. There are significant functional difficulties: difficulty breathing, open mouth dries up, wash your face, brush your teeth – is also problematic. In addition, during the first period results in bruises, bruising around the eyes, swelling;
- the second phase lasts from the end of the first week and lasts up to three weeks. At the end of the first week, remove the bandage, plaster, tampons, and most of the seams. The nasal cavity is washed free of blood clots and mucus. Improves breathing. Swelling there, but by the end of the second stage they begin to subside, as well as bruises, bruises. The nose is still deformed, swollen;
- the third stage lasts from the third week after surgery up to three months. In this period the swelling is almost down, and the end of the period is not visible to others. Patients in this age are often still unhappy with their new nose: not like I would like, tip of the nose to form nostrils. Need to wait a little longer:
- the fourth period lasts from the third month to a year. By the end of the first year after the plastic of the olfactory organ you can say about the final result of the operation.
Sport and alcohol after surgery
To start exercise after rhinoplasty is possible not earlier than in a month, and then such sports, which do not allow heavy loads on the body (yoga, fitness).
Three months can not engage in sports exercises, which require great effort of the muscles.
Half a year not to play football, handball, Boxing, martial arts – that is, in those sports where there is increased risk of stroke in the nose.
A return to the sport is only possible through the year.
Over one and a half months after rhinoplasty alcohol is strictly prohibited, as its use could nullify the results of the operation and cause complications.
Alcohol contributes to:
- increases the swelling;
- affects metabolism, as well as the process of removing the decay products from the body;
- not be combined with medications to be taken during rehabilitation period;
- violate the coordination of movements: you can fall and damage the nose.
For violation of non-alcoholic lifestyle during recovery the nose may swell, become purple – red.
A month in small quantities can be consumed non-carbonated alcoholic beverages:
But from carbonated drinks – champagne, beer, cocktails should be abandoned not less than six months.
Medicines to help
Recovery after rhinoplasty takes place also with the help of medications.
It is impossible naznachat yourself medications: may be prescribed only by a doctor based on your condition, the tendency to allergic reactions, etc.
Sure antibiotics, anti-inflammatories, painkillers.
Antibiotics according to the scheme 5 to 7 days, pain relievers – about 7 — 10 days.
Also you can be given medication for the early get rid of swelling; ointments, gels, may hormones.
Massage and physiotherapy
Massage and physiotherapy after rhinoplasty are appointed by the doctor.
For early recovery, reduce puffiness appointed by such physiotherapy:
- darsonvalization: current small force stimulates the outflow of venous blood, speeds up the metabolic processes;
- phonophoresis (impact on certain areas of the ultrasound in combination with drugs);
- electrophoresis (applying an electric current in connection with medications);
- effective light therapy (the combined effect of infrared and blue bands).
Massage the doctor will prescribe a special ointment, and we strongly recommend you to use only the drug that will write you a doctor.
Not friends and acquaintances can heartily recommend you some other medications, however, only a doctor who knows your features and is responsible for the result, able to objectively assess which drug is right for you.