Restylane (restylane) — what is it, types, prices, reviews, photos before and after
In other words, hyaluronic acid smoothes wrinkles, removes defects after various injuries, corrects asymmetry of the face, increasing lip. The filler is injected with injections under the skin of the patient. It is intended to collect a huge amount of water and increase the volume of the skin at the insertion point. In this way correction of the defects in those places where the supply of hyaluronic acid for some reason exhausted.
The moisture allows to keep skin smooth and smooth. The safety of this drug makes it possible for full compatibility with tissues. He is completely absorbed by the body and its end product is water and carbon dioxide. Another eminent feature of the drug is approved by FDA (Agency of the Ministry of health and social services).
After a series of successful studies, the organization recognized its high efficiency and safety. Since the invention of Restylane in 1996, it took many years, and has conducted more than twelve million successful procedures.
Injections of filler?
A special filler is called filler for subcutaneous injection, which is used in the contouring. The most popular is the «reddies». All fillers, including radius, have special characteristics, differ in the way of introduction, the principle of exposure and composition. They all have drawbacks and advantages. Choosing better be based on certain characteristics. Thus, the filler shall:
- to have an easy way to store;
- to have good biological compatibility;
- not to cause allergic reactions;
- to fully dissolve;
- not contain carcinogens.
How does it work?
Fillers have a clear purpose – to restore missing volume in the problem area of the face. He penetrates the patient’s skin and fills the voids in the folds or wrinkles, thus smoothing them.
Fillers are divided into:
Permanent is a special gel having in its composition of synthetic polymers. Are characterized by constant composition, which includes both natural and synthetic components. Temporary also have their own distinction: they are the most popular and safe, although their effect lasts for about six months.
Video: Botox and Filler — what’s the difference?
Where is it used?
Widely used in cosmetology for the following purposes:
- increase lip volume;
- smoothing of nasolabial folds;
- smooth facial wrinkles;
- increase the sunken lips;
- reconstruction of the nose;
- increase small chin;
- filling of scars (after acne).
Designed for treatment of large defects on the face and body. The amount of injected material is determined by the doctor depending on the size and depth of scar, wrinkles or saggy skin level.
Cosmetics produced the famous Swedish company Q-Med by a special patented technology, NASHA, since 1996. The product family includes drugs that have been developed specially to solve aesthetic problems: refreshing skin, smoothing of wrinkles, correction of facial contours.
It allows you to eliminate «crow’s feet», wrinkles, «smoker» and small facial without surgery.
In the line of drugs are increasingly scarce:
- Day cream Day Cream Restylane Skincare. It contains NASHA particles that give the skin firmness, elasticity and radiance. Moreover, the cream smoothes wrinkles and moisturizes the skin abundantly.
- Night cream Night Cream Restylane Skincare. Contains lipids that have a biological effect on the skin and reduce inflammatory processes in the skin. In the end, she is more radiant, smooth and hydrated.
- Night serum Night Serum Restylane Skincare. Contains a special active formula that ensures the proper distribution of active ingredients. A large dose of retinol minimize fine wrinkles, skin roughness and age spots.
- Foam cleanser Facial Cleanser Restylane Skincare. Creates a rich foam that cleanses the skin of impurities without disrupting the barrier and protective properties. Has a mild effect.
- Cream Recover Cream Restylane Skincare. Designed to soothe skin after various aesthetic adjustments. Designed to reduce puffiness, promotes rapid and effective resorption of bruises.
Restylane Vital (Restylane Vital)
This new company, which is a transparent gel, based on hyaluronic acid and moisturizes the skin, fills it with vitality, freshness, increases its tone and elasticity.
Indications for use of the drug is very wide:
- dehydration of the skin;
- recovery after laser exposure;
- rehabilitation of damaged skin;
- recovery after sun, Solarium.
It is good because it works effectively on any skin type and can be used even in young patients (to prevent premature aging). Also great for people with oily and problematic skin, which triggers acne flare up.
- nasolabial region;
Restylane Vital Light (Restylane Vital Light)
It is a natural remedy to rejuvenate sensitive and thin skin. It is designed to improve the elasticity and tone of the skin, giving it a blooming and shining.
Indications for use:
- prevention of age-related changes young skin;
- thin skin in the neck, décolleté and back of hands.
Subcu, Restylane (Restylane SubQ)
This drug is created especially to add more volume in problem areas and improve facial contours. It is best suited for use in the cheeks and chin and is recommended for about periosteal and deep subcutaneous injection. Indications for use of this drug are the following factors:
- the desire to improve the contours of the face;
- the replenishment of the lost tissue volume in the chin area, cheekbones and cheeks.
The Benefits Of Subcu:
- the predictability of the outcome of the procedure;
- short rehabilitation period;
- good tolerance of the drug and its components;
- the duration of the effect;
- ease of use and lack of a preparatory phase.
Perlane (Restylane Perline)
The drug has a long duration and is used for correction of deeper wrinkles. Injected deeper than the same Subcu and absorbed much slower, but it increases to two years. Indications:
- the fuzzy oval of the face;
- deep wrinkles;
- the changing shape of the chin and cheekbones.
The procedure takes no more than thirty minutes and has no preparatory phase, not counting applying a cream anesthetic to relieve the patient’s pain. Juice of action of this drug is approximately one and a half years and depends on lifestyle, age of the patient, and the peculiarities of his body.
Perlane Lidocaine (Restylane Lidocaine Perline)
This innovative invention, which contains a small amount of anaesthetic, lidocaine (0.3%). Its presence in the formulation makes it possible to perform procedures without pain for the patient.
Lip (Restylane Lipp)
The drug is designed specifically for the area around the lips and has a special formula, thanks to which a long time is not resolved, in spite of the aggressive environment.
Lip augmentation with Restylane is one of the priorities for the creators of this injection. It is well suited for use in the perioral region and nose.
Indications for use are the following factors:
- correction of the lip contour;
- wrinkles «puppets»;
- horizontal crease of the chin;
- wrinkles in the corners of the mouth;
- increase lip volume;
- raising the corners of the mouth.
The validity lasts up to one year.
Injector (Restylane Injector)
The unique development is designed to provide precise dosing of gel, which gives the advantage that there is no risk of over-correction.
The injector ensures the correct and uniform introduction of a certain dose of the drug on large areas of skin, as well as allows to accurately calculate and predict the results of the procedure.
Facilitates the procedure, especially in areas with thin or delicate skin (arms, neck, décolleté).
The Restylane was developed by growers for a wide range of tasks, ranging from the elimination of wrinkles and prevent premature aging before the change of facial contours.
Different types have their own characteristics and designed for specific areas of the face.
- Restylane lip is designed specifically for the lips, can also be used in the nose.
- The Restylane is recommended for smoothing out folds and wrinkles.
- Restylane, Subcu best suited for the chin and cheekbones.
- Perlane is created to smooth deep wrinkles and increase lip volume.
- Restylane Touch is recommended for correction of wrinkles around the eyes, lips and sensitive zones.
In the nasolabial folds
Nasolabial folds are the folds on the sides of the nose down to the lips. Regardless of how old the patient, these lines are always quite pronounced due to mimic activity. In fact, thanks to her, they appear, and after thirty years are beginning to worsen. Appears sagging, deteriorating collagen, the skin droops and loses its elasticity. The drug copes with the removal of nasolabial folds. After the procedure, the result is visible almost immediately, and the maximum effect in a week. The duration of injection is individual and lasts an average of six to twelve months.
Injection in lips
Injections in the lips help to achieve the desired effect without plastic surgery. With its aid you can change the contour of the lips, to make it more clear and correct, to increase their volume and to get rid of wrinkles around the mouth.
The drug is designed to work in harmony with the anatomy of the lips, and the whole gel, on which it is based, can withstand a wide range of facial movements for a long time.
- photoaging of the skin;
- the elastosis (changes in connective tissue fibers and the skin);
- oily skin;
- deep and small wrinkles;
- nasolabial wrinkles, wrinkles around the mouth;
- deformation of skin contours;
- facial asymmetry;
- «crow’s feet»;
- glabellar wrinkles;
- horizontal wrinkles on the forehead.
- chronic diseases in exacerbation stage;
- pregnancy and lactation;
- of blood clotting;
- the presence of infectious diseases;
- the presence of inflammatory diseases;
- administration of anticoagulants, antibiotics;
- the herpes active;
- autoimmune diseases;
- malignant tumors;
- acute viral infection;
- diabetes in decompensated form.
Possible side effects after the procedure:
- redness at the injection site;
- small pain;
These side effects are a normal reaction of the body and pass on their own within one to three days.
In order to avoid complications after the procedure, we recommend the following:
- to avoid visiting saunas, sun decks, swimming pools during the week after the procedure;
- within a few hours after injection cannot be used on the face make-up;
- avoid direct sunlight on the treated area;
- avoid facial massage for the first few days after the Restylane.
The durability of effect
Resistance Restylane is one of its biggest advantages. Depending on the patient’s age and lifestyle, the result from the chemotherapy treatments can last from six months to two years. This is possible through the gel particles, which are introduced very slowly, and after successfully replaced with water.
Prices on Restylane
The cost of Restylane is quite high, but the results of this drug exceed all expectations. So, the approximate price of Restylane vital is about 14,000 rubles. But the average rates depending on the impact zone:
|Injection zones||COST IN RUB.|
|The glabellar folds||15000|
|The drug||The number||Cost In RUB.|
|Restylane — Perlane||1.0 ml||15000|
|Restylane — Touch||0.5 ml||9000|
|Restylane — Vital||1.0 ml||14000|
|The correction||Consumption||Cost In RUB.|
|Correction of nasal-labial lines — Restylane — Restylane Perlane||1-2 ml 1-2 ml||14000-28000 15000-30000|
|Correction of glabellar folds — Restylane — Restylane Perlane||0.5 — 1 ml 1 ml||9000 — 14000 15000|
|The increase in the volume of the lips — Restylane||1 — 2 ml||14000 — 28000|
|Contouring lips — Restylane||0.5 — 1 ml||9000 — 14000|
|Correction of fine facial wrinkles — Restylane Touch||1 — 2 ml||9000-18000|
|Hydration of the skin (biorevitalization) — Restylane Vital||1 — 2 ml||14000-28000|
What procedures can be combined?
Can be successfully combined with other procedures, for example:
- Botox injections;
- injections of Dysport;
- the biogels.
Between the input and the above Restylane injections need to take a break in two to three weeks. In the end, the patient gets a very good result.
Counterparts, and alternatives
Analogs of the drug can be considered fillers based on hyaluronic acid. The most similar Restylane gel «repler», as well as multiphase product «Juvederm».
Juvederm is a tool designed for lip augmentation and correction of their contour, smoothing nasolabial and fine wrinkles.
Juvederm is a gel based on hyaluronic acid of high concentration. Brand brings together a large range of subspecies which vary in density and viscosity.
Such a wide range helps in selecting the desired concentration and maximum effect.
As a rule, the injection of Juvederm takes about forty minutes and does not cause the patient pain (anesthetic is not required). The achieved result lasts for up to eight months.
Repleni is of different types. Repleni 1 shown for the upper layers of the dermis. He copes with the elimination of «crow’s feet», purse-string wrinkles. Repleni 2 shows for the middle layers of the dermis and smoothes deeper wrinkles, and repleni 3 penetrates into the deeper layers of the dermis. Repleni 4 produces excellent volume (for example, lips) and repleni 5 working on the oval of the face, increasing chin and cheeks.
The essence of the procedure Restylane
The drug is administered subcutaneously in form of injections. It uses a very thin needle and the procedure is virtually painless, however in some cases, a cream-anaesthetic.
At the beginning of the patient’s face «is tokenized», then the selected is needed the dosage and only after that the doctor proceeds to an injection under the skin. In General, the procedure does not take more than an hour and in most cases is well tolerated.
Frequently asked questions
What is better Restylane or Juvederm?
Unlike Juvederm, Restylane is based on pure hyaluronic acid (it is the «fountain of youth».) Moreover, the effect lasts longer than the effect Juvederm.
Restylane or Botox – which to choose?
Botox is a poison, botulinum toxin in very small doses, paralyzing the muscles and not giving them «to grow old». In contrast, Restylane only helps to hold in the right place a sufficient amount of water, which ultimately helps in smoothing of wrinkles. What to choose – a private affair of the patient, however, many experts agree that the injection is better to combine with each other with a small interval to achieve maximum effect.
If painful injection?
Not very painful, but the most commonly used cream-anaesthetic.
How many procedures are necessary?
It is recommended to undergo three treatments at intervals of two to four weeks depending on the selected drug (Subcu, Vital, Vital light, etc.)
Can I use during pregnancy?
Pregnancy and lactation are contraindications to the injections.
Can I drink alcohol after the injection?
From alcohol it is better to refrain during the week after the procedure.
Possible Allergy to the drug?
The injection has a particular composition and made by special technology — it does not contain impurities derived from animal tissue, so an allergic reaction is impossible.
The before and after photos