Revision rhinoplasty (secondary rhinoplasty) — pictures, photos, complications and contraindications
It is worth noting that secondary rhinoplasty is not a panacea and fix all the mistakes made during the first procedure may not always.
For example, to correct a crooked nose after reconstructive rhinoplasty, it is not always possible, as technically, this is a very complex operation with frequent use of implants. You also need to distinguish the truly unsatisfactory result and mere dissatisfaction of the patient.
Differences primary and secondary rhinoplasty
Primary rhinoplasty, for the most part, aimed at solving problems related to patient dissatisfaction with the shape or size of his nose. Most often it is the problems of a purely aesthetic nature.
Secondary aimed at resolving a wide range of tasks, became a consequence of the first surgery (often incorrectly applied).
Its principles are fundamentally different from the principles of the primary and the surgeon is forced to operate in highly restricted conditions. Specialist is faced with the problem of frustration, fear and anger of the client, the absence of a complete picture of past transactions and the lack of information and forced to make their way almost blindly, as subcutaneous components vary greatly in the result of the procedure.
There are several commandments repeated rhinoplasty:
- not to harm (that is, not make it worse than it is);
- to make an accurate diagnosis;
- to give the patient realistic expectations (don’t promise you incredible results, because it is impossible);
- to correct functional deficiencies (gaps, cavities, bad breath, deviated septum);
- limit surgical dissection, which can lead to even more disastrous results and poor healing;
- not to take on something that is impossible to correct.
When rhinoplasty can be considered truly failed?
The success or failure after surgery, it is possible to speak not earlier than six months after its implementation, since this time is final, the forming step of the whole procedure.
Before rhinoplasty, the doctor must not only conduct a series of studies related to General human health, but also to determine its psychological readiness to receive results and motivation. If the latter is absent, the patient will in any case be not satisfied with the result plastic.
Rhinoplasty can be called a failure, if a surgeon made a serious error, which led to the following:
- curvature of the nasal septum;
- complication breathing;
- partial or complete loss of smell;
- opposite results (for instance, instead of a thin nose tip obtained thick);
- excision of a large number of cartilage tissues, leading to cavities and irregularities on the nose.
Signs of a failed rhinoplasty are the following consequences:
- pigmentation of the skin;
- profuse nasal bleeding.
- inflammation of the soft tissues.
Definition and diagnosis
Before again going under the surgeon’s knife it is necessary to make a diagnosis, which includes the following details:
- the definition of flexibility of the nose;
- the definition of mobility;
- the determination of the thickness of the skin;
- the definition of scarring;
- determination of changes in the skin and subcutaneous complex.
If the nose is crooked, then you need a definition of the anatomical components that create it. Also, the physician must determine the presence or absence of septal cartilage, the need to use implants.
What should a doctor?
The goal of rhinoplasty: primary or recurrent, is to make the patient satisfied and happy, so the right attitude is one of the most important factors of success. In order to understand what really a man wants, needs details it about it to ask and immediately to inform that his desires possible and what is not.
Promise the patient the perfect nose, especially in the case of repeated rhinoplasty nose does not make sense, because the most important task of the surgeon will be removing the primary tasks of: curvature, inability to breathe, etc. and only in second place to give the desired shape of the nose. In order that the person not left disappointed, the plastic surgeon must give approximate predictions.
Moreover, experienced and careful surgeon must put the patient aware of the fact that revision rhinoplasty the tip of the nose or organ often is unpredictable, so any forecasts before surgery, are not an absolute guarantee. It largely depends on what is subcutaneous scar tissue changes the «skin topography», which could significantly change when podsekanie tissues.
Therefore, the first phase of the operation is precisely the removal of scar tissue to search for the lateral cartilage. You immediately notice that this is not so simple, because it fits snugly the cartilage is likely not to find it and accidentally damage.
In practice, the cases of accidental deletion of cartilage during repeat rhinoplasty are not common but do exist. Since the surgeon does not possess full information, the operation is slow and shallow, otherwise it is likely to cause irreparable harm to the patient.
Rhinoplasty is considered a very difficult operation and much more complicated a simple eyelift, lip augmentation and similar procedures, so such interference can be solved only by an experienced and knowledgeable good doctor.
What you should think in advance the patient?
- After rhinoplasty need to undergo at least a year before you can start to re-operation. This is connected with the stress on the body (both primary and revision rhinoplasty are performed under General anesthesia) and with scar tissue that needs to heal fully, to be able to withstand additional interference without even more disastrous results.
- Rehabilitation after a second operation lasts even longer than regular. Accordingly, to carry out the procedure needed during a vacation or holidays, because immediately get to work or school the patient can not.
- The choice of the surgeon is not the least important decision. Not always the doctor who did the first surgery, necessarily a bad or inexperienced. Often, especially when it comes to reconstructive rhinoplasty, his ability is very limited and to get the perfect results require lots of time and effort. Consider and weigh the pros and cons before you go to another specialist. Unlike the new doctor, the surgeon, have already carried out the operation, know how the procedure was carried out, what difficulties arose and how much fabric was isecheno or what the implants were applied, and this is a definite plus.
Video: consulting a plastic surgeon
Indications for secondary rhinoplasty
Statistics confidently declares that twenty-five percent of cases, patients required further surgery after rhinoplasty.
This is due to the following factors:
- errors surgeon;
- the failure to implement recommendations during the recovery period;
- complications that occurred during rehabilitation period.
Revision rhinoplasty is performed in the following cases:
- dissatisfaction with the size and shape of the nose, which is much different from what is wanted to the patient;
- the headaches and difficulty breathing, which could occur due to improper healing;
- visible scars;
- failures, depressions;
- the appearance of a bump that was not there before surgery;
- the deviated septum.
The essence of the procedure
The secondary rhinoplasty procedure is a little different from the usual plastic nose, except that technically it is much harder. The patient is also undergoing testing adheres to the normal rules before the operation and feels no pain during the procedure itself, because he is given anesthesia.
In General, it lasts a few hours and in some cases, the specialist may need implants, which are taken from the patient (most often taken a very small part of the cartilage of the ear, which in any case does not lead to the loss of its former shape).
After all the manipulations also overlap the seams and require a long recovery period. The final results are estimated not earlier than seven months after its implementation.
Video: doctor and surgery
The operation does not preclude complications, which resulted in the following:
- the rupture of blood vessels;
- the offset of the nose in the direction;
- increased scarring;
- the presence of edema, tumors, and hematomas (these side effects are the norm).
Rehabilitation after a second rhinoplasty lasts longer than after the first operation. The sutures are removed after a week, but bruising and swelling can last up to three to four weeks.
After the procedure the patient is given the following recommendations:
- the first few weeks to sleep only on your back;
- eliminate wearing glasses and replace them lenses;
- to eliminate physical exertion;
- to avoid going to the Solarium, at the beach, in beauty salons;
- eat right and do not drink coffee, alcohol, cigarettes, salty and heavy food;
- stay healthy and avoid colds, colds.
Revision rhinoplasty is considerably more complicated and correspondingly more expensive. On average, it costs about 220,000 rubles without the cost of expenses during the rehabilitation period. However, very often the surgeons are going to correct their shortcomings free of charge, however this is not practised in all hospitals and not all professionals. Moreover, if you have violated the guidelines after surgery, the blame for the failure of the operation falls on the shoulders of the patient and on free re-surgery may not be considered.
|Rhinoplasty (all inclusive)||Price, RUB.|
|Plastic septum of the nose||60 000|
|Plastic nose||110 000|
|Re plastic nose held earlier at another institution||130 000|
|Reduction of nose with osteotomy (complete rhinoplasty)||150 000|
|The rhinoseptoplasty||170 000|
|Repeated operation of the correction of the crooked nose held earlier at another institution||180 000|
|The second operation is the correction of crooked nose using implants or cartilage previously completed at another institution||215 000|
|Two-way vasotomy||50 000|
|Plastic wings of the nose||40 000|
|Grinding hump nose||40 000|
Frequently asked questions
What can cause failed surgery?
Such factors are several: it may be an error of an inexperienced physician, and failure to comply with postoperative requirements, and unforeseen complications just after the procedure.
Are there other options to fix error?
If we are talking about non-surgical rhinoplasty, she has a very limited capacity. With the help of fillers (fillers), you can get rid of a small hump, bumps, or pull up the tip of the nose, however, to correct distortion or difficulty in breathing, she can’t.
Is there any chance that all the problems will go away and the nose will become beautiful?
After the first operation must undergo six months before it can be judged. Often patients are afraid of hematoma and large edema, which go for weeks and even months. In such cases, to talk about a failed rhinoplasty can not and, most likely, all problems will be eliminated by themselves. However if you have a deviated septum or the tip of the nose became noticeably narrower, wider, you’ll likely need a second surgery.
Is it worth it to go to another plastic surgeon after a bad rhinoplasty?
Not always all the troubles of plastic surgery to blame the surgeon. He knows about the peculiarities of your body and details of the operation, and it is one of the most important factors when choosing a specialist, however, if the error of the doctor in the face, then, of course, you should consider choosing another surgeon.
The before and after photos