Rhinoplasty bulbous nose — a results before and after. How is rhinoplasty bulbous nose.
The bulbous nose looks quite massive, especially the fair sex. Due to such structure of the body branched cartilage at the very tip and excessive abundance of soft tissues. It makes the nose wider.
Such people are the nose is really similar to corrupad. It attaches to the face of simplicity, and with age only get thicker.
Fortunately many of the owners of the bulbous nose, today you can quickly fill this gap. Will help in this case, the operation called rhinoplasty.
Indications for plastic surgery
Indications for plastic surgery are those conditions in which it is desirable to carry out the rhinoplasty.
All the readings are divided into two conditional categories:
- absolute (due to medical conditions or external faults that cause a patient’s psychological stiffness, stress, complexes, etc.);
- indirect (dependent on the patient’s wishes and caused by purely aesthetic factors).
Absolute indications for rhinoplasty are:
- Birth defects and pathology of the nose (it is cartilage).
- Underdevelopment or hyperacuity bone or soft tissue.
- Acquired defects, which appeared due to injuries, bruises, fractures, or previously transferred diseases.
- Frequent nosebleeds.
- Chronic dryness of the nose.
- Constant nasal congestion which has been caused by deviated septum or improper aging of the nasal passages.
- Pathological snoring.
- Chronic migraine caused by the violation of the respiratory function.
- Frequent colds and viral respiratory infection that occurs due to problems with respiratory function.
Indirect indications for this surgery are:
- The desire of the patient to change the shape of the nose.
- Thickened tip of the nose due to excess soft tissue.
- Too wide nostrils.
- An overly large nose, which looks disproportionate with the face.
- Asymmetrical shape of this body.
Direct contraindications to rhinoplasty the bulbous nose are:
- Oncologic pathology.
- Patient age eighteen (up to this period the cartilage is still growing, so the effect of the operation may be partially lost).
- Patient age older than 60 years (at this age it’s dangerous to do any operations because all the system is weakened and it can cause serious complications).
- Diseases of the blood and also blood clotting.
- The period after a heart attack or stroke.
- Diabetes mellitus 1 and 2 type.
- Acute respiratory illness.
- Acute infectious disease.
- HIV infection.
- Diseases of the cardiovascular system.
- Infectious diseases.
- Various pathologies of the liver or kidneys.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Idiosyncrasy of the patient anesthesia.
- Diseases of CNS and mental disorders.
- Inflammation in the nasal mucosa.
Today, there are two main methods of rhinoplasty:
Surgical rhinoplasty is a fairly radical solution of the bulbous nose. After it will remain visible for life.
The positive side is its high cosmetic effect and the ability to get a quick result.
Also after the operation, the patient has no visible scars or scarring. The healing process happens very quickly.
Negative sides of this method of surgery is its high cost, the need to wear bandage, the risk of complications and side effects.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty bulbous nose aimed at the elimination of small defects cosmetic way (without surgery).
This method is based on the introduction of special helium injection into the cavity of the nose.
The patient can remove small cavities in the nose and to correct the General shape of this part of the face.
The main drawback of the injectable rhinoplasty is the fragility of the results (a year later, the procedure should be repeated as entered the gel is absorbed, and the skin regains previous form).
Another non-surgical method of rhinoplasty is the correction of the nose threads. The latter helps to change the shape of the nose.
Photo: Before and after surgery
Rules for the preparation
Before the traditional rhinoplasty, the patient should pass this list of tests:
- The total blood leukocyte count, hemoglobin and platelets.
- Advanced biochemical analysis of blood.
- Pregnancy test (for women).
- The General analysis of urine.
- The blood sugar level.
- Test for HIV infection.
- The analysis for syphilis.
- Chest x-ray.
- The x-rays.
- Abdominal ultrasound (if doctor).
- The urine analysis on protein level.
Mandatory before surgery the patient should consult with these doctors:
- Therapist. It will measure the pressure and temperature of the body. This specialist will monitor the test results and establish the overall health of the patient. If a person is all right, the doctor gives permission for a rhinoplasty.
- The surgeon who will carry out rhinoplasty. According to the specialist should always consult a week before surgery. The doctor needs to give details about the nature of the transaction, expected results and possible consequences.
In turn, the patient can ask the doctor any questions. If all goes well, and the doctor has no reason to abandon the operation (for example, in the presence of obvious contra-indications in health), he will set a date for the procedure for nose correction.
- The anesthesiologist is the expert to solve the issue with the choice of anesthesia and to find out the total flow. The doctor should elaborate on the possible feelings and effects after anesthesia.
A week before the surgery you cannot:
- To drink alcohol because they will weaken the immune system, it was very bad before surgery.
- Do not smoke because nicotine slows down the processes of tissue regeneration, therefore, smokers longer to heal wounds.
You should not take medicines that can affect blood clotting (Aspirin).
- Can not be nervous and put themselves on the moral and psychological exhaustion, as it is negatively displayed on the shared human condition (he can increase the pressure, body temperature, increase heart rate, etc.). This in turn can lead to serious complications during surgery.
- You can not eat junk food (fried, greasy).
- You cannot eat citrus fruits because they affect blood clotting.
- You can not eat chocolate and other sweets, because these products reduce the strength of the blood vessels, which increases the risk of bleeding.
- Cannot be applied to the face and nose of any cosmetics.
On the day of surgery, you should follow these recommendations:
- There is nothing to eat and drink, as is the anesthesia is always administered on an empty stomach.
- Men need to shave off a beard or mustache.
- The person must be completely cleaned.
- It is advisable to wash the hair on your head.
- In advance of the house you need to prepare the Essentials for a several days stay at the hospital.
Recommendations during rehabilitation
In order to recover after a rhinoplasty, consider the following tips:
- On the first day after the procedure, it is desirable to comply with bed rest and avoid sudden head movements, tilts, etc.
- The first week after rhinoplasty, you should regularly apply cold compresses to the nose to decrease swelling.
- Need to sleep on a high pillow to faster swelling subsided.
- In the first ten days after the procedure must wear a plaster bandage fixing. It will protect from injury and infection.
- It is necessary to monitor their condition and when the temperature of the body immediately report the fact to the doctor. If necessary, the doctor will prescribe antipyretics and anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Until complete healing of wounds after bandaging on your nose and apply the necessary ointment.
- As prevention of infection, the nose and its cavity should be cleaned with antibacterial solutions.
- You cannot blow your nose and clean your nose with your hands so not to contaminate the infection and not to cause bleeding.
- It is advisable not to sleep on my stomach for two weeks after surgery so you don’t accidentally damage your nose.
Often after the operation, the patients developing the following complications:
- Getting an infection in the wound. While symptoms of such complications can be purulent discharge from the nose, high fever and chills. Treatment of infection should be medication (the patient is prescribed antibiotics and anti-inflammatory drugs).
- Damage to the skin of nose or cartilage may cause the appearance of the external shortcomings of the nose. Usually after that required re-operation.
- Suture after rhinoplasty can occur when excessive vigorous activity of the patient.
- Loss of sensation in nose occurs when during the operation the surgeon accidentally touches the nerve endings.
- The development of edema observed after almost every rhinoplasty. It occurs due to soft tissue injuries. Swelling usually subside on their own after a few days after surgery.
- The bleeding may be like during the operation as well as in the recovery period.
- Difficulty breathing through the nose can be due to severe edema. If this symptom is not a long time, then the patient may require re-operation.
- Necrosis or the necrosis of the tissues is one of the most dangerous complications after rhinoplasty, which requires medical and surgical treatment. Moreover, after removal of the necrosis, the patient may remain visible scars and defects on the nose and the tissues surrounding it.
The reasons for the development of complications
Usually complications occur after rhinoplasty for the following reasons:
- The operation is not enough skilled surgeon who does not comply with the exact technique of performing the correction of the nose and traumatic of bone, cartilage and soft tissue.
- Surgery there are strong contraindications from the patient (blood clotting, heart disease, kidney, etc.).
- Violation of the rules of sterility during the rhinoplasty or during dressings.
- Failure to comply with patient medical recommendations after surgery and before her.
- Smoking the patient or the use of illegal drugs by the patient before the operation.
- Incorrect postoperative care seams (no application of ointments or treatment with antiseptic solutions)
- Poor tolerance of anesthesia patient.
- Wearing glasses the patient is either sleeping on the stomach can cause a violation of the cartilaginous structures of the nose, which lead to severe bleeding.
- The implementation of physical activity in the patient in the first week after surgery can not only cause the suture, but also to provoke any infection.
- Failure to identify signs of complications that worsen the human condition and will lead to extensive soft tissue necrosis.
- The individual characteristics of the patient, which he is slowly regenerated tissue, which leads to prolonged healing of wounds.
How to visually hide the flaws
Fortunately, not only operation will help to hide a bulbous nose. To do this, you can also use visual tricks.
For example, with the help of makeup to hide a big nose like this:
- Apply on face and nose concealer two shades on the back of the nose – a light tone of Foundation, and on his side a bit darker. Thus, it is possible to visually make the nose more slim.
- For visual narrowing of the nose wings they need to apply a darker powder than at the back of the nose and face. Thus it is necessary to ensure that the makeup did not have sharp transitions and sharp lines.
With hairstyles, you can also visually change the shape of the nose.
Order should follow these recommendations:
- Choose a haircut with straight strands falling on the face (bangs).
- You can focus on the hair, thus distracting attention from the large bulbous nose. Better suited for this highlights bright tones.
The average cost
The price of rhinoplasty depends on the complexity of the operation, the qualifications of the surgeon and severity of pathology.
On average, it costs 40 000 – 60 000 rubles.
Before you agree to a rhinoplasty, you should see the results of this procedure to other people and compare it to the effect of «before» and «after».
Only then can you make a final decision.