Rhinoplasty for men before and after photos, nose
Rhinoplasty of the nose in men is really a slightly different approach to surgery than those of women. This is explained by the anatomical characteristics of the structure of the male nose, as it should have a more proportionate face shapes and geometric structure.
Moreover, when working with male noses, the surgeon must consider many important factors, including:
- the type of appearance;
- the nature of the patient, as this will depend largely on how they perceive man with the «altered» nose.
As for direct anatomical differences in the structure of the female and male noses, they as there are none, except of course, the shape and size of the nose (in men, usually the body is larger and more well defined).
Rhinoplasty for men has the following indications:
- Chronic nasal congestion.
- Congenital pathology of this part of the face.
- Saddle nose shape.
- Too big nostrils.
- The desire of the patient to eliminate various defects on the tip of the nose, the wings, or change the overall shape.
- The injury, which led to deformation of the nose and septum.
- The length or thickness of the nose.
- Too wide nose.
- Respiratory failure.
- The presence of the ugly hump.
- Deformation in the bone structure of the body.
- Frequent sinusitis.
Contraindications for rhinoplasty in men are:
- The patient’s age to eighteen years (prior to this period, cartilage can still grow, so the effect of the operation may be partially lost).
- The clotting of blood (faces risk of bleeding during surgery).
- The patient’s age older than sixty years (during this period all systems of the human body is weakened, which may cause the appearance of complications). Moreover, when operating in the elderly tissue worse heal.
- HIV infection.
- Diabetes mellitus 1 and 2 type.
- Chronic diseases of the cardiovascular or respiratory system.
- Acute viral or bacterial infection.
- Inflammation in the mucosa.
- Sinusitis or rhinitis.
- Kidney disease, liver or gastrointestinal tract in the acute form.
- Oncologic pathology.
- Skin diseases of the nose and the region around it.
- Disease of the CNS.
The pros and cons
- The ability to get rid of complexes that have been associated with an ugly nose.
- The opportunity to correct the problem of nasal congestion.
- The patient can select those changes which in the future will be made by the surgeon.
- Malotravmatichnogo operation.
The cons are:
- The risk of infection and formation of complications.
- The need to conduct anesthesia.
- The final result will be visible not earlier than after two month after the conference, when finally the swelling subsides.
- A long recovery period.
- Change in appearance, which may differ from the expectations of the patient.
Video: Important nuances
Types of rhinoplasty for men and their features
Today, there are three main types:
- An open surgery.
- A closed operation.
- Non-surgical rhinoplasty.
Typically, the surgeon chooses the type of rhinoplasty that is best suited for each specific case.
Open rhinoplasty is conducted by opening the tissues of the nose.
It gives a good overview for a plastic surgeon, which allows him to resolve even large defects of the body.
Disadvantage of open rhinoplasty is the great trauma of tissues and tendency to edema.
Closed rhinoplasty is performed through small incisions that are undetectable following surgery. Due to limited access to tissues, the surgeon may remove only small defects of the nose.
Non-surgical rhinoplasty is done for both women and men if they have evidence. This procedure gives the possibility to slightly adjust the overall shape of the nose and remove small defects, while not resorting to surgery.
To date, non-surgical rhinoplasty is gaining popularity for the following reasons:
- The patient there is no need to worry about the anesthesia.
- The result is visible almost immediately.
- Using this procedure, a person has the ability to permanently change the shape of the nose.
- Fast procedure (about an hour).
There are several types of non-surgical plastics:
- Plastic fillers involves injecting the patient gel filler in the nose area that needs correction. Typically used drugs called Perlane or Restylane.
Duration of this procedure usually takes 20-25 minutes. After this, the patient can immediately go home.
The main drawback Villeroy rhinoplasty is its fragility, as one year after the procedure, the tissues of the nose again to their original form, as the gel dissolves. For this reason a person need a second surgery.
Also, sometimes during this procedure is the blend of the filler. It threatens with deformation of the nose and the need to conduct secondary operations.
- Correction with the help of hormonal drugs will help to reduce the defects of the nose. For this were most commonly prescribed drugs such as Kenalog and Diprospan.
This correction has the following features:
- it should be carried out very carefully, correctly calculating dosage, because excessive administration of the drug can cause the opposite effect (deformation of the nose);
- the procedure should last two weeks with multiple sessions;
- when done correctly, such a rhinoplasty the effect of it will be long enough, but there is one minus – the frequent introduction of hormonal drugs can cause atrophy of soft tissues.
- Plastic Aptos threads will help to eliminate minor defects of the nose wings and tip. You enter the data of the thread through a small puncture. Next, the surgeon performs the lift of the nose and gives it the necessary form.
The disadvantages of this method are the risk of scarring, prestuplenie thread through the skin or rupture.
- Superimposition langetti plaster or plastic used to improve the contour of the nose. This device will adjust the shape of the body by pushing on his cartilage.
Indications for overlaying langetti are:
- the formation of large defects of the nose after an injury;
- «failures» of the nose or omission;
- the presence of a hump;
- too wide nose;
- bumps on the bridge of the nose.
Overall, non-invasive technique helps to eliminate only minor imperfections, which cause an inconvenience to a person or damage their appearance.
This technique is much easier than a traditional surgery, and it is safer for many reasons (not the same risk of complications, no severe pain, faster recovery, etc.).
Rules of preparation for surgery
Before surgery the classic rhinoplasty (a surgical method) men must pass these tests:
- General analysis of blood.
- A blood test for clotting.
- The General analysis of urine.
- Test for hepatitis, HIV and syphilis.
- Chest x-ray.
A week before the procedure, you should visit these doctors for a consultation:
- Therapist. He will review the tests to measure pressure and temperature. Also, this person learns about the General state of health and if all goes well – will give permission to rhinoplasty.
- The surgeon who will carry out the operation. This specialist has a future patient needs to know about the operation and expected results. Also, a man should ask the doctor about possible consequences and complications.
- Anesthesiologist. It is necessary to decide on the choice of anesthesia and the peculiarities of its flow. Also, the patient can ask questions about possible feelings after anesthesia.
A week before rhinoplasty not:
- Expose yourself to stress and nervous strain.
- To take alcoholic drinks.
- Eat junk food, especially sweet and fatty.
- Apply on the face any cosmetics.
A week before the procedure, you must:
- To eat a balanced. The basis of the diet should be fruits, vegetables, carbohydrates and proteins (meat and fish).
- Have a good sleep to be full of energy.
On the day of surgery nothing to eat or drink. You should also shave his beard or mustache.
Peculiarities of rehabilitation
As quickly as possible to recover after surgery, you should follow these recommendations:
- In the first days after surgery, need to stay in bed and refuse any physical activity, especially bending, as this may cause severe bleeding.
- It is advisable to sleep on a high pillow to quickly subsided swelling.
- It is recommended to attach to the nose a cold compress to reduce the swelling with the soft tissues.
- After surgery the nose will be inserted special turundy. To get without a doctor not because they’re needed to prevent bleeding.
- In the first weeks after rhinoplasty to sleep only on the back so you don’t accidentally damage your nose.
- You should eat liquid and soft foods. Meals should not be very hot.
- Wash to be careful not to accidentally wet the bandage.
- Daily need bandaging on your nose, even after discharge home.
- You cannot blow your nose and sneeze, as this may cause bleeding.
- The appearance of discomfort, high temperature, or purulent nasal discharge you should immediately inform the doctor.
- To prevent drying of the nose, it is recommended to grease sea water or apricot oil.
- You should wear a plaster cast not less than a week. It will prevent accidental damage to the nose and protect it from infection.
- A few days after surgery you need to breathe through the mouth.
You should also adhere to these aftercare tips:
- Not to wear glasses for five months after rhinoplasty.
- Do not take a hot bath or shower.
- Not to visit the sauna, Solarium and swimming pool within six months after the surgery.
- Do not allow direct sunlight on the nose for two months after surgery.
- To give up Smoking.
Often after rhinoplasty patients have these to add:
- Hematoma. It develops due to soft tissue injuries and internal bleeding. Be treated with medication or surgically.
- Bruising under the eyes.
- The swelling appears due to severe trauma. Usually this complication occurs in open rhinoplasty. Also swelling may be aggravated by excessive physical activity of the patient.
- Bleeding can occur during surgery and after it. This is due to the fact that the nose is lots of small capillaries, so the body is supplied well and often prone to bleeding when injured.
- After anesthesia, the patient may experience the following sensations:
- nausea and vomiting;
- the increase in body temperature;
- The impossibility of nasal breathing due to severe swelling.
- Loss of sensitivity of the nose can develop in case of accidental nerve damage surgeon.
- Any infection may cause the appearance of purulent nasal discharge and high temperature. To be treated such as strong antibiotics.
- Scarring after surgery can be prolonged healing of wounds.
- The difference between the expectations of the patient in the final result of the operation happens when the wrong technique of rhinoplasty.
Also, a person after surgery may experience a significant aesthetic defects in the nose.
- The discrepancy between the joints.
- The appearance of a hooked shaped nose.
- The drooping tip of the nose.
- A deviated septum of the nose or its back.
- The appearance of rough scars on the nose.
The reasons for the development of complications
Usually the appearance of complications in patients provoke such factors:
- Failure to comply with patient medical recommendations (taking illegal drugs, Smoking, alcohol consumption prior to surgery).
- The rhinoplasty there are strong contraindications.
- Surgery inexperienced surgeon.
- Failure to comply with the rules of sterility during the operation or during the dressing.
- Insufficient treatment of scars with antiseptic solutions.
- Excessive physical activity of the patient.
The average cost
The price of rhinoplasty usually depends on the complexity of the operation, the qualifications of the surgeon, clinic and General features of the pathology.
On average, the cost ranges from 45 to 70 thousand rubles. In some private clinics the price for this procedure can reach 150 thousand roubles.
Before you agree to a rhinoplasty, it is recommended to see a photo «before» and «after» those patients who have already done this procedure. Only then can you make your final decision.
Photo: Before and after