Seams after mammoplasty — it hurts to shoot, when, corset too tight, hurts correction
Stitches used in surgery to suture the wounds and the edges of the skin with suture. For stitches are used needle holders and curved or straight needles of different cross sections and curvature.
The post-operative care for scars is very important and hard, as incorrectly formed, the scar may lead to unsuccessful results and unaesthetic appearance after correction of the breast.
Because it is important to know what You will stitches, because a lot depends on the plastic surgeon and the truth is «jewelry» work.
You must define the following conditions, in which the quality of the scar wakes acceptable for the patient:
- surgical incisions sutured without undue tension of the skin;
- the wound is sutured, with the help of modern surgical materials.
- method is used intradermal suture;
- patient, observe proper rehabilitation period;
- cuts are made in the right place and after suturing the wound do almost invisible to others;
- used skin glue if necessary;
- the use of patches, sprays, patches, and creams to improve the quality of seams.
Preparation for surgery consists of several stages
- the choice of the clinic;
- consultation with a doctor;
- follow a proper diet;
- the completion of all necessary tests;
- consultation of gynecologist and mammologu;
- two weeks before surgery to stop taking hormones.
Types and ways of connecting tissue, depending on the type of operation
Determine the kind of plastic surgery that can be learned and caique are the methods of applying the sutures, their types and principles of application.
So during reduction mammoplasty (reduction of breast size) there are several types of tissue.
One type of breast reduction is to use the method short of the seam.
In this method, the thread runs from the nipple to the bottom crease of the breast. This seam is assumed when it is necessary to remove not more than 800 mi one hundred gram of tissue.
This application technique is low-invasive and has virtually no complications.
Also there is one more technique for breast reduction with the inverted T-shaped or anchor method of connecting tissue.
The thread is carried down and connected there with a seam passing under the inframammary fold. This technique is used when you want to remove a fairly large amount of tissue.
The thread which runs through the inframammary fold, almost unnoticeable. Vertical and horizontal seams, well-healed and invisible. The final form of the seam gets a year after breast surgery.
Of breast augmentation there are also several types:
- periareolar is applied to the incision carried out on the areola. It has aesthetic appearance and does not cause discomfort;
- summary — applied to the incision on the crease under the breast. This type of seam is suitable for women who choose implant average volume, in this case, the crease becomes deeper, and the seam less noticeable.
- axillary method — incision is in the armpit.
- tube – thread in the umbilical fold. In this form you can only maintain a saline implant, you first enter the shell, and then using a syringe, injected the implant in saline solution.
Invisible scar – is this possible and what determines
To mention surgical procedure always leaves a scar (scar) on the skin. But, the scar may be invisible or almost invisible.
It depends on many factors, and the task of a plastic surgeon is to reduce the invisibility of the seam unnoticeable level.
More modern scientific developments allow us to maximize stealth, thanks to:
- modern technology;
- the quality of suture material;
- the seams, which will quickly heal and dissolve.
When the technique of «invisible seam» should take into account such nuances as:
- the depth and length of the wound;
- the physiology of the skin;
- the individual characteristics of the organism;
- the elasticity of the skin.
Plastic surgeon Sergey Sviridov also relies on «a breast without a seam», and believes that the operation has special advantages which consist in the disappearance of the traces after the operation for five days.
Also, when using this methodology mammoplasty does not require installation of drains, and thus additional incisions, punctures on the chest does not Wake.
The undeniable advantage of this type of breast augmentation surgery performed ultrasound scan and no fluid and hematoma is formed, and in the end, wakes the postoperative period to pass quickly and painlessly.
In conducting such an operation plastic surgeon uses glue, that is, the skin is not stitched, but glued almost.
This glue contains a biological product, fibrin.
The technology for this plastic surgery consists of the following steps:
- the availability of special equipment;
- the presence of the supply system of the adhesive composition;
- preparing a special fibrin glue, which consists of different substances, including fibrin.
This method of operation is little known.
Not every surgeon can carry out surgery with the help of glue, as:
- requires special equipment;
- surgery is expensive and not every woman can afford it.
Video: Features of care
In what follows limit myself
Important and undoubtedly one of the main stages in the breast augmentation surgery is the postoperative period.
For it to be passed painlessly and quickly should heed the doctor’s recommendations, and be sure to follow the wound healing process and the scars.
- In the postoperative period, try to limit yourself in physical activities and lead a less mobile lifestyle.
- It should also not lift weights, as this may contribute to the divergence of threads, which will further lead to unpleasant, unintended consequences.
- Also you have to be in the correct position, in any case, do not lie on the breast because this can lead to deformation of scars and the formation of unaesthetic and visible the formation of the scar.
- Watch the healing process, and if You have pain and don’t like the look of scars, be sure to consult leading You to a specialist for a quick response and solution to the problem.
When sutures are removed after mammoplasty
Usually threads are removed at the first consultation with the plastic surgeon, after surgery.
If the rehabilitation process was painless, and did not have any complications and scars after surgery heal quite quickly, sutures will be removed painlessly and quickly.
External scars after mammoplasty, if they were carried out without camerascamera material, thread removed within seven or ten days after surgery and internal sutures will dissolve.
In the first days after surgery the wound is superimposed a patch, and then when the scars will fade, you must use a special cream.
If to speak about the above-mentioned absorbable materials which suturing, consult Your doctor whether these external threads.
Because they dissolve within two to three months, and their tips will stick, figuratively speaking dust, dirt that can lead to the ingress of infection in the wound.
What to do if the scar has gone
Breast implants, like any other plastic surgery accompanied by surgery and trauma to the soft tissue of the patient.
And the next task of the plastic surgeon is the correct application technique of application threads on a cut, which further minimizes the risk of infection in the wound and promotes rapid healing.
If the filament broke, do not panic, look at the wound and immediately contact the surgeon to assess the situation.
The place of divergence of the threads should be treated with antiseptic, it can be a solution of brilliant green or iodine.
The rehabilitation period after the correction of the breast is very laborious and requires a responsible approach, so watch for changes with the position of the incision and the healing process of scars.
Frequently asked questions
The overlay of filaments after surgery and rehabilitation period is very important and can influence the outcome of the operation.
Don’t hesitate to ask questions to your specialist how to heal surgical wounds and the healing process.
Below will be a number of questions and answers to them that will allow you to navigate in this area and to be more aware of this type of surgery.
Does it hurt to remove the thread?
The answer is not straightforward, because it depends on:
- the material from which made the thread;
- the human body;
- mental attitude.
If the process of wound healing took place rapidly and well, the yarn to remove doesn’t hurt, and you will be pleasantly surprised.
What to do if the corset presses on the scar?
To wear a compression garment after surgery is very important for the patient, as it plays an important role for the outcome after surgery.
The corset can press on the scar because it was picked up correctly and doesn’t match the dimensions.
Responsibly approach the choice of a corset, in order to avoid problems.
If the corset provides multiple zippers, try to weaken it, but first consult Your doctor.
Why hurt the cut?
The cause of the pain of the incision after surgery may be different. From the banal to the friction of clothing to various postoperative complications.
In the first week after surgery you need to take painkillers to reduce pain.
Also if You make sudden movements with their arms, in the breast area after surgery may also be accompanied by pain, since the incision is very sensitive.
How to carry out a scar revision?
The operative wound is a serious matter, as it affects deeper layers of the skin. After connecting the edges of an incision begins the formation of the scar.
Scars after surgery can be emotional and sometimes a dissonance in the intimate life.
Correction of scars will forever relieve You from discomfort and dissatisfaction.
Methods of correction of the seam there are many, but include techniques of surgical excision of the scar.
This technique gives effective results if there is extensive scarring, deformities and contractures.
Excision of the postoperative scar should be performed after maturation, namely in a period ranging from three months to two years.
Surgical excision of the scar can be conducted both under General and under local anesthesia. This operation lasts from 30 to 60 minutes.
How to handle the cut?
After the surgery incision should be treated immediately, but then after the surgery for two weeks as her zajavlenie.
Immediately after mammoplasty, the seams should be treated with special agents, who will appoint Your plastic surgeon, you should not self-medicate as it may lead to undesirable complications.
Processing places the incision can be carried out antiseptica such as:
- ordinary potassium permanganate;
- you can also use a solution of brilliant green.
Antiseptics speed up the process of healing under the crust. Then you can coat the seam with ointment «Contractubex», and use silicone adhesive.
What to do if from the incision blood appears?
The blood that appears out of place cuts can be serious complications, so you should not delay, you must consult a doctor to determine the cause of the bleeding and to prevent it.
What to do with festering wounds?
Festering wound after the operation, due to the fact that in the area of the wound fall into a variety of microorganisms.
Often suppuration of the incision may be, if:
- in the process the incision formed a hematoma (accumulation of blood);
- in places of a congestion of blood, which provides a good environment for bacteria to grow and cause infections.
Upon confirmation of the diagnosis of suppuration of the wound, the doctor immediately started treatment:
- the threads at once dismissed;
- the wound is treated by various antisepticheskoe preparations (hydrogen peroxide, chlorhexidine).
It is also possible to introduce antibacterial agents that will kill the germs that caused the abscess.