Septoplasty of nose — price what on the nose
Septoplasty of the nose is a plastic surgery designed to eliminate various defects of the body and its partitions. Despite this, first of all, the main objective of this operation is the recovery of the patient, and not his aesthetic improvement, as it happens, for example, with rhinoplasty.
The anatomy of the nose
The nasal cavity is the primary division of the whole upper respiratory system. When the air enters the nose, it moves through the nasal passages, and then flows into the larynx, trachea, bronchi and pulmonary alveoli. Only there is a complete gas exchange of air and blood.
The anatomy of the nose includes such divisions of the body:
- Nostrils – external openings through which air passes.
- The initial part of the nose that is divided by a vertical septum cartilage (the most curved).
- The rear nasal passages.
- Joany is two small holes that connect the nasal cavity and the nasopharynx.
- Front wall is formed by the skull bones and cartilage.
- The bottom wall.
Also the nose has a new sink.
They consist of three such departments:
- the upper nasal passage;
Looks like a deviated septum
The main signs of deviated nasal septum are:
- The external defect, which is visible at first glance – a crooked nose. This pathology usually occurs after mechanical damage to the nasal septum, which was not timely cured and the cartilage healed in the wrong position. Thus the person will suffer from many unpleasant symptoms.
- A person with a chronic runny nose, which then subsides, then again escalates. While the patient may not even suffer from viruses, the common cold will be it for purely physiological reasons.
- The asymmetric shape of the nose (when one nostril bigger than the other or the body in an arc shape, the saddle has a large hump).
- Chronic headaches that develop due to constant grazing curve septum the mucous layer of the nose.
- Nocturnal snoring that cannot be cured.
- Frequent epistaxis (occur due to drying of the nasal mucosa due to the curve of the partitions).
- Weakness, lethargy and reduced work capacity develops due to lack of oxygen that enters the body. For this reason, a man can suffer of migraines and dizziness.
- Discomfort during nasal breathing.
- Violation of smell or complete loss.
- The deterioration of memory.
- The lowered immunity.
- The loss of hearing due to the constant inflammation in the ear.
- Cough and sore throat.
Additional signs of curvature of the partition are:
- Difficulty breathing through the nose. While people may not breathe through the nose or only partially.
In addition, if the nose injury occurred at a young age, the body can adapt and for a long time not to give any symptoms, but still the patient will feel discomfort and violation of nasal breathing.
- Allergy symptoms can also develop due to a deviated nasal septum. The reason for this is the reduction of immunity and violation of protective forces of an organism, which leads to the tendency of man to frequent allergies to dust, pollen, food, etc.
- Constant dryness of the nose develops due to chronic inflammation of its cavity.
- Susceptibility to frequent infections (colds, rhinitis).
- Blurred vision.
- Shortness of breath.
- The pain in the heart.
- Increase in blood pressure.
Why there is deformity of the bone and cartilage
A deviated nose and septum can happen for the following reasons:
- Too fast growth of the skull bones can lead to the fact that the shape of the nose to change and the nasal septum will be closely. This leads to the fact that it will start to bent and warped. Most often, this pathology occurs in adolescents.
- Nose injury by a fall or blunt impact which leads to a displacement of the nasal bones and deviated his septum. Moreover, when not treated in such a broken nose will remain crooked.
- The presence of oncological pathologies in the nose.
- The presence of nasal polyps.
- The turbinate hypertrophy (excessive development of one of the nostrils) will also put pressure on the nasal septum and cause it to warp.
The curvature of the nasal septum may be different and is represented by such types:
- classic s-shaped curvature of the nose;
- the formation of spike or growth;
- the combination of several types of distortions.
What kind of curvature in a person largely depends on the treatment process.
Direct indication for the operation of septoplasty nose are:
- Chronic nasal congestion.
- The difficulty of nasal breathing.
- Chronic rhinitis or sinusitis.
- The desire of the patient to correct a cosmetic deformity of the nose.
- Frequent nosebleeds.
- Chronic sinusitis.
- Otitis media.
- Dryness of the nose.
- The presence on the nose ugly gorbilok and curvatures.
To septoplasty nose will not fall any complications, you should familiarize yourself with contraindications to its conduct.
This operation cannot be done with such testimony:
- Patient age of eighteen.
- The clotting of blood.
- Pregnancy and lactation (breastfeeding).
- The patient’s age older than sixty years (at that age, all body systems are weakened, so do not want to do any such operations).
- Various mental illnesses.
- Diseases of the blood.
- A lowered immunity.
- Heart disease (arrhythmia, tachycardia, etc.)
- The period after a heart attack or stroke.
- Acute liver failure.
- Acute renal failure.
- Stomach ulcer and other diseases of the gastrointestinal tract, which will visit in an aggravated form.
- Oncologic pathology.
- Diseases caused by endocrine disorders.
- HIV infection.
- Various viral or bacterial infection.
On advice from the doctor
Before you agree to surgery, it is necessary to consult with your doctor who will carry out this procedure.
The patient should be informed about the possible risks and complications of septoplasty, as well as the expected outcome.
In addition, the doctor needs to ask about the presence of existing disease and to assign the number of necessary preoperative examinations. Also, it is necessary to tell about types of septoplasty and the operation which is most suitable in this particular case.
Video: surgeon’s Opinion
Types. Their advantages and disadvantages
There are two main types of septoplasty:
Each of them has its own characteristics and advantages. Let’s consider them in more detail.
Laser septoplasty is performed using a special laser beam. Usually it is awarded under small deformations of the nose. To date, this type of surgery is considered the most popular.
Laser septoplasty has the following advantages:
- A person will not lose blood, because no incisions need not be held.
- Malotravmatichnogo operation.
- Laser has pronounced antiseptic properties.
- The speed of the procedure (20 minutes).
- The lack of swelling or other postoperative complications.
- Minimal risk of infection.
The cons of this type of operation are:
- It can be carried out at a strong deflection of the nasal septum.
- The operation will be effective only when the curvature to be on the cartilage.
- Has a lot of contraindications.
- Not for patients with age under 21 years of age because before that age the cartilage can still grow.
Endoscopic septoplasty is performed using a scalpel. It is cut in the nasal septum, and fixes various defects.
The advantages of this type of operation are:
- provide a minimum of damage to cartilage and tissue;
- the quick recovery;
- the stitches are made below the nostrils, so they are not visible;
- the efficiency of operations at strong curvatures of the nasal septum.
Disadvantages of endoscopic septoplasty are:
- long-term operation (40 minutes);
- the risk of infection;
- the risk of postoperative complications;
- injury to tissues;
- blood loss;
Photo: Before and after
Rules of preparation for surgery
There are the following rules for the preparation septoplasty:
- A week before surgery need to undergo these diagnostic procedures:
- General analysis of blood;
- a blood sugar level;
- test for HIV infection;
- a test for hepatitis;
- pregnancy test (for women);
- blood clotting;
- CT scan of the sinuses.
- A week before surgery to consult with these doctors:
- ENT doctor;
- the surgeon who will carry out the operation.
- Ten days before the septoplasty is necessary to refuse from Smoking and drinking alcoholic beverages.
- Ten days is very important to stop taking medications that disrupt blood clotting (Aspirin, Warfarin, etc.).
- Preferably at least two weeks prior to septoplasty to start eating healthy food and well balanced diet to strengthen the body and enrich it with vitamins.
- It is very important to avoid stress and nervous strain, because if the patient before surgery will be very nervous and anxious the physician may withdraw from the transaction.
The reason is that when the nervous feelings in humans, quickens the heart rate and the blood pressure increases that can cause complications during surgery.
- On the day of surgery, men are advised to shave off his mustache.
- On the day of surgery, you need to clean your face. It should be no cosmetics.
- It is advisable not to septoplasty during menstruation. You need to assign it ten days after it.
- On the day of surgery nothing to eat or drink. From a home need to prepare the Essentials that are needed in the hospital.
Often after the operation, patients develop these complications:
- Haematoma is internal bleeding into tissues, which occurs due to the rupture of blood vessels. Usually the hematoma itself dissolves, however, in more severe cases it is necessary to remove it surgically.
- The fever is a completely normal reaction to injury and inflammation. This symptom develops after almost all operations. Removed it using fever-reducing drugs.
- Bleeding is justified by the fact that the nasal mucosa is supplied well, so when it is the slightest injury the person may experience excessive bleeding. Moreover, nose bleeding may occur during surgery and after it.
- Pain after surgery is also a standard symptom that is easily removed with analgesics.
- Abscess of the septum is a pretty severe complication that needs to be removed surgically. It develops due to infection in postoperative incisions.
- Numbness or loss of sensitivity of the nose can occur when the nerve damage.
Factors that increase the risk of complications
Complications after the operation may arise through the fault of such factors as:
- Incorrectly performing a septoplasty from a technical point of view.
- Inexperience of the surgeon.
- Failure to comply with the rules of asepsis and sterility during surgery.
- Wrong holding dressings.
- Failure to comply with the rules of patient preparation prior septoplasty.
- The patient is taking before surgery of alcohol or illegal drugs.
- The operation when the patient has significant contraindications.
Prevention of complications
To prevent the development of complications after this procedure, you should follow these tips:
- To comply with all medical recommendations.
- After surgery (at least in the first two days) stay in bed and refuse any physical activity (especially tilts).
- In the first two weeks you need to eat well and to refrain from eating fatty and fried food.
Disagree on operation if there is at least one contraindications.
- To find an experienced surgeon and a good clinic for surgery.
- To perform daily dressings of the nose, even after discharge.
- Flush the nasal cavity and the wound with antiseptic solutions (Furacilin, Peroxide, Chlorhexidin).
- To apply healing ointments (Levomekol). They need to put on a sterile dressing and apply to wound.
- Need to know what you agree, therefore, before operation the patient should be informed about possible risks and failures.
- The appearance after septoplasty pain, heat or swelling should immediately assign the necessary anti-inflammatory drugs.
- If the patient developed purulent discharge from wounds, it is necessary to prescribe the administration of specific antibiotics, which suppress the activity of microbes and pathogenic bacteria. To be treated with such antibiotics should be not less than five days in a row.
- Even after discharge, within a month the patient should be careful and protect yourself from hypothermia, physical exertion or emotional stress.
- In the first days after surgery it is important to insert into the nostrils bytovye swabs soaked in a special solution to reduce the risk of bleeding.
Subject to such recommendations it is possible to reduce the risk of complications for more than 80 %.
The average cost
Price septoplasty of the nose depends on the complexity of pathology and the deformity of the nasal septum.
If the curvature to be listed as congenital, the price of the workshop will be about 40 thousand rubles. If the pathology is acquired, the cost of eliminating it will be from 50 thousand rubles.
Septoplasty is quite a complex operation, which has a lot of nuances. For this reason, it is important to weigh the pros and cons before its implementation.