Stretch marks after weight loss — how to clean, how to look, stomach, at home
How to avoid
Stretch marks (also called striae) are degenerative disorders of the internal layers of the skin and subcutaneous tissue. Although they are not dangerous to life and health of a person, look unsightly and spoil the appearance considerably. For getting rid of this problem you have to work hard. However, not all so sad: there are lots of ways of treating the pathology.
If the problem has not yet come, it is possible to avoid stretch marks prevention methods. They are equally suited to all. What are these methods:
- proper nutrition and a change in diet. Stretch marks often appear especially as a result of the lack of menu protein. It is recommended to eat as many vegetables, fresh fruits, white meat, legumes;
- a regular physical activity. Of course, not talking about the exhausting training. Enough time to do exercises. Well help aerobics, fitness, Jogging;
- the use of natural and pharmaceutical products. Help both in prevention and in the fight against existing stretch marks (on medium — low);
- prevent surges of body weight. Especially often appear stretch marks after weight loss;
- the use of a contrast shower;
- pregnant women are advised to wear special underwear.
Also helps massage.
The mechanism of development of stretch marks
Under normal conditions, a particular human cells, called fibroblasts, synthesize special substances: collagen and elastin. And the first and second are responsible for maintaining the texture of the skin, its elasticity and ability to regenerate.
In certain conditions, the fibroblasts cease to produce enough of these substances formed their deficit. In the human body and other circulating cells — fibroblasts.
They are a kind of scavenger hunt designed to eliminate molecular waste.
As a result of development of the pathological process, the fibroblasts destroy elastin and collagen, although it has already produced enough.
As a result, suffer the hypodermis (the bottom layer of the skin). Start of degenerative processes. Even minimal exposure to the skin leads to tears. Affects not only the dermis, but blood vessels.
That is why fresh striae becoming bright purple or Burgundy hues: due to subcutaneous bruises.
There are many probable reasons why manifest stretch marks on stomach after weight loss. Not always the source of the problem lies on the surface.
Among the most frequent reasons:
- A sharp decline or increase body weight. Especially if we are talking about large amounts of burned fat. Normal skin has high level of elasticity thanks to collagen and elastin.
Since the weight change in the smaller side is usually associated with strict diets, the body loses essential vitamins, minerals and nutrients.
As a result, the synthesis of necessary substances is significantly reduced, the skin becomes flabby and incapable of rapid recovery.
- Pregnancy. During pregnancy the pathological process is of different nature. Peak hormonal status directly affect the likelihood of stretch marks. In large quantities in the mother’s body produces progesterone and sex hormones. They block the synthesis of elastin and collagen, decreasing skin quality.
- Genetic predisposition. A person inherits features of connective and epithelial tissues. Stretch marks are not directly inherited, inherited predisposition to them. Especially right for pregnant women. To determine the risk of developing stretch marks, just look at your own mother or grandmother.
- Hormonal disturbances. This includes the notorious syndrome Itsenko-Kushinga, when the blood circulates in the excess hormones of the adrenal cortex.
- Concomitant endocrine pathology. For example, hypothalamic syndrome.
- Receiving specialized drugs to gain muscle mass. This cause causes the appearance of stretch marks in men.
Usually it is about the combination of the above reasons. The most often stretch marks occur due to sudden fluctuation of body weight.
How to look
Stretch marks look almost always the same: it is longitudinal or transverse wavy lines of different lengths. Their color varies from pale pink and white to bright purple and red.
All depends on the duration of the appearance. Fresh stretch marks tend to have saturated colors due to subcutaneous bleeding.
To cut stretch marks look like numerous pits and potholes in the subcutaneous tissue and the hypodermis as a whole.
With the development process affects not only the subcutaneous tissue, but also hair follicles, sebaceous glands, etc. striae are Localized most often in the abdomen, bending the elbows, inner thighs, buttocks.
The appearance and number of stretch marks directly affect the ability to get rid of them on their own.
How to remove stretch marks after weight loss at home
If you want to get rid of stretch marks on their own — in humans there are at least three solutions to the problem:
- treatment with oils;
- treatment creams;
- treatment of folk remedies.
Are of three types:
Natural oils are particularly suitable for the treatment of fresh stretch marks. Among them:
- coconut oil is a great source of vitamin E. the high content of nutrients suitable for the treatment of stretch marks in the early stages of their formation. Old stretch marks are unable to cope;
- apricot oil — is used as a base in cosmetics. Promotes blood flow and nutrients to the damaged area, restores the normal nutrition of the cells;
- sea buckthorn oil — rich in vitamins and minerals. Suitable for the treatment of long-existing stretch marks;
- olive oil — great for treating old stretch marks thanks to its high content of oleic acid. Promotes rapid regeneration of the skin;
- almond oil is the ideal remedy, stimulating the production of elastin and collagen.
All these funds are used for rubbing the affected places. RUB it with light circular movements.
In isolation are not used, as the probability of chemical burns. Use them as a Supplement to the main product: cosmetics or natural oils (1-5 drops).
What essential oil is particularly effective for stretch marks after weight loss:
- anise oil — tones the skin, contributing to the early regenerative process;
- pink — promotes the production of collagen and elastin.
- sandalwood — helps to get rid of sagging skin;
- ylang ylang — helps to eliminate degenerative processes. Promotes renewal of the skin.
There are other oils:
- fennel, etc.
However, their use is unacceptable during pregnancy. If we are talking about eliminating stretch marks after weight loss — they will be a great help in the fight against this scourge.
Well established oil “Welda” and “Johnson’s baby”.
Today, the market industry of beauty and health there are many creams for stretch marks.
Suffice it to list most popular:
- Mama comfort;
- Medical Collagene;
Video: experts ‘ Recommendations
The most publicized on the Internet recipes are simply ineffective.
I should say a few words about effective tools:
- mixture of essential oils. For cooking you need almond oil (50 ml) and rosemary essential oil (5-7 drops). The resulting mixture is applied on the affected area in a circular motion. Over time, stretch marks will decrease until disappear.
- scrub of stretch marks. Ingredients include 1 tbsp. sugar, 1 tbsp. salt and vegetable oil (80 ml). You can use any natural oil. These components mix and massage into areas with striae.
- A mixture of oils. For the manufacture of tools you will need: avocado oil, jojoba (40 ml each), 7 drops of orange essential oil, 10 drops of rosemary oil 12 drops of Jasmine and 1 tsp. of lavender. Mix all ingredients and leave to infuse in a cool dark place. Apply topically up to 5 times a day.
- Cream from mummy. Ingredients include Shilajit (1 tablet) and one fourth cups of warm water. Pill to dissolve, carefully stir the medium. The ointment is applied to the problem area and left for 1-3 hours, after which it should be washed.
If the beautician can’t afford or simply have no desire to go to the salon — the patient has all the chances to help yourself.
What is offered in beauty salons
Beauty salons offer four main methods for eliminating stretch marks:
- microdermabrasion — this method involves polishing the skin using a special device. The procedure is virtually painless, except a slight tingling at the site of exposure. In a similar way stimulates the regeneration of the skin;
- the ozone therapy. Under the skin of the patient is administered a mixture of oxygen and ozone. Thus, the stimulation of collagen and elastin in the affected areas begin active metabolic processes;
- peeling or exfoliation of the skin. There is superficial and deep peeling. The first choice for the treatment of fresh stretch marks, the second — deepest. The procedure is effective and painless;
- operation (abdominoplasty). Involves the removal of excess skin. This is the most radical method resorted to in extreme cases.
There is also the elimination of stretch marks with a laser. It is an effective and safe method.
Stretch marks after weight loss everywhere. However, fortunately, are an unpleasant issue can be resolved even on their own, but if there is no desire to do it, there is always «waste» a variant — to go to the beauty salon.
Photo: Before and after