Swelling after rhinoplasty — the tip of the nose, how many holds, how to remove
Why do I get
If you decided to have surgery to correct the shape of the nose – rhinoplasty – you need to understand that with the problem of swelling you will have to face anyway.
Swelling after rhinoplasty of the nose occurs at all, the only difference is in the degree of its severity.
The main reason is the specificity of the operation: during the surgical intervention occurs the detachment of the skin, which is absolutely essential to create the new shape of the nose.
When detachment damage to exposed blood vessels, thereby deteriorating blood circulation and the outflow of liquid.
To claim surgeon about swelling is meaningless – it does not depend on his qualifications, but only of the volume of operations, as well as individual characteristics of the patient.
Swelling subsides only when to restore normal tissue blood flow.
After the operation of the mandatory superimposed plaster bandage or special bus, which hinders swelling, fixing the shape of the nose.
How dangerous he is
Swelling is a natural phenomenon and is not dangerous.
With proper care, the observance of all medical recommendations all adverse events will come in due time, they will not remain even a trace.
How long does
Swelling of the nose appears still during surgery (primary), which handles a skilled surgeon is well guided in edematous tissues.
Primary lasts 10 days, going to decline after about two weeks.
After removing the plaster, in General, a month and a half, the swelling is called secondary, still holds. It is much less pronounced than the primary:
- a little hardened tissue;
- expanded the tip and bridge of the nose.
After two months after rhinoplasty surgery, talking about the residual swelling, which in most cases is already invisible to others.
The stages of the recovery period
Recovery period after rhinoplasty takes about 4 steps.
Thanks to a cast swelling to the nose will not be pronounced too strongly, but may spread down to his cheeks and chin.
This period is not recommended:
- tilt the head and torso, lift weights;
- to put pressure on the nose, touch your face with your hands;
- sleep on a low pillow: sleep better in polusidya position to increase the outflow of blood from the head;
- to influence the face of high temperatures and hot water (don’t visit the steam room, sauna, fireplaces, in no case do the hot compresses);
- to use cosmetics (creams also);
- to take a diuretic (diuretic) drugs, as these funds are eluted calcium and this affects the healing of surgical wounds;
The second and third week
At the end of the first week:
- removed casts, as well as internal splint seams;
- the internal structure of the nose are washed;
- breathing improves;
- edema is not completely;
- nose deformed;
- swelling is often more strongly expressed in comparison with the first week after surgery.
By the end of the third week the swelling usually is reduced by half.
In this period you need to:
- to sleep on your back (to avoid accumulation of fluid in the soft tissues of the face;
- to avoid hot air, water, overheating;
- very delicate to contact with the face when washing, do not RUB his nose and put pressure on it;
- to avoid head tilts, the heavy physical labor, strenuous exercise;
- if the swelling is still fairly noticeable, you can apply lymphatic drainage creams and gels, after consultation with the doctor.
Video: Features of rehabilitation
Before the end of the third month
In the period from the third week until the third month is cosmetic restoration, the swelling gradually comes down.
But the appearance of the nose is not yet perfect, still noted a slight swelling of the tip of the nose, nostrils.
In this period, in order to quickly get in shape, you need to delete:
- Smoking and abuse of alcohol;
- sleeping on your side and stomach
- friction of the nose;
- long and frequent head tilts;
- wearing tight to the bridge of the nose points.
From the third month to one year and continues the final stage of recovery.
In this period the swelling has almost imperceptible, the nose acquires its final form.
It should be noted that in patients with thick skin, swelling lasts longer than in patients with thin skin. This is because the thicker skin requires more power, and therefore, a larger number of vessels and veins, which are subjected to damage during the operation. Accordingly, their recovery time will be longer.
Photo: Before and after surgery
How to remove swelling after rhinoplasty
For the fastest getting rid of edema you need to follow some recommendations.
Doing them, you not only will minimize the risk of complications, but will be able to quickly enjoy the results of rhinoplasty.
You must follow all recommendations of the attending physician, especially antibiotics, since these drugs, in addition to the antibacterial, also have anti-edematous effect.
Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs also produce anti-edema effect.
Be careful with the use of vasoconstrictor drops, not abuse it.
You will also need:
- eat right: first and foremost, to minimize the consumption of salty, sour, and spicy dishes;
- do not smoke: Smoking impairs circulation, especially in small capillaries, as a result tissue stronger swell. In addition, Smoking can lead to terrible complications in the form of necrosis or tissue necrosis;
- to eliminate the use of alcohol, especially carbonated alcoholic beverages: champagne, beer, etc.;
- to remove the source of stress and try to experience as many positive emotions.
A good decongestant effect of various ointments, gels and creams:
- a great way to relieve swelling is the Pain a product of animal origin;
- troxevazina ointment antiprotection sredstva, having a pronounced anti-edema effect;
- the preparation Traumeel (ointment, gel), an excellent homeopathic remedy that have high regenerative properties, it is good to reduce puffiness.
- ointment «Lioton», «Panthenol».
Well-proven drug Bromelain (based on the extract of the extract from the fruit of pineapple). This drug start to take before the operation to reduce the swelling.
- phonophoresis (treatment of the affected area by ultrasound in combination with a drug);
- electrophoresis (treatment of the affected area of electric current in combination with a drug);
- phototherapy (the therapeutic effect is the impact on the area of edema combination of near infrared and blue bands).
Traditional medicines are working effectively in the fight against puffiness:
- good old aloe and in this case it helps: need the sheet of this plant is cut lengthwise and cut applied to the edematous region;
- will also help dried Arnica, and you can drink it as a tea (brew 2 teaspoons in a glass of boiling water) 2 times a day, and use as a compress;
- helps with swelling of the nose compresses on the basis of the decoction of Bur marigold and chamomile: a piece of bandage or gauze soaked in the decoction, must be applied to the swollen area for 20 minutes to do the procedure at least a week;
- known decongestant properties of ginger, a piece of root that you can throw in tea leaves, can be brewed as a standalone drink about 4 cm of ginger root cut into thin strips and pour 2 liters of water, brew in a thermos, add honey, lemon and drink throughout the day. Ginger should be used with caution, is not all he shows in particular, people with high acidity of gastric juice, high blood pressure, allergies, etc.
But we must remember that the use of decongestants of funds is temporary.
Directly on the degree of swelling affect only some gormonoterapii medicines (for example, the drug diprospan injection).
But the decision about their appointment can be taken only by the doctor! And the best healer of swelling is time.
And your patience, which in this case need to be inevitable, because the truth is that rhinoplasty is a very complex surgery and the recovery period after her long enough.