The benefits and harms from tanning — reviews
For and against
The positive impact of sessions in the Solarium
- Getting a tan anytime of the year.
A big plus is that everyone can get beautiful and trendy color of the skin regardless of the time of year and place of residence.
- An excellent antidepressant.
In countries such as Sweden, where there are polar nights and most days in the year gloomy and short enough, there is a large number of cases of depression. And the «dark» months account for the majority of cases of unauthorized passing. Problem for Russia is also relevant.
In autumn and winter, for many, the Solarium becomes a replacement of the sun not only for tanning, but also to set the mood. In response to bright light in the body begins to produce endorphins, also called hormones of joy.
- Prevention of osteoporosis.
Under ultraviolet light in the skin synthesize vitamin D – a substance that affects the absorption and assimilation of calcium by the body. There are opinions that to produce the required amount of vitamin is enough to substitute the sun, hands to the elbows for 15-20 minutes daily, because the use of tanning beds unnecessarily.
But remember, many of us in the winter, rolling up their sleeves to the elbows or go without gloves? For women tanning prevention of osteoporosis is especially important, as reduction in bone mineralization contributes to hormonal imbalance that occurs during menopause.
- The treatment of some skin diseases.
The Solarium doctors recommend patients with psoriasis and acne. Though fond of self-treatment is not necessary, as instead of treatment it is possible to exacerbation of the process.
For example, insufficient moisturizing of psoriatic plaques before a session tanning can lead to dryness and formation of cracks bleeding. Acne can also be exacerbated by tanning more than is necessary to eliminate blackheads. In norm, the more prolonged is the impact of ultraviolet radiation on the skin, the more thick is the stratum corneum of the epidermis. Accordingly, the thicker the Horny layer, the greater the risk of blockage of the pores and formation of acne.
As you can see, the treatment of diseases with ultraviolet rays should be carried out by recommendation and under the supervision of a specialist.
- Increases the risk of developing cancer.
The opinions of the doctors here are unambiguous. According a number of studies Solarium increase the risk of developing cancer. There are very strongly minded doctors. For example, a cancer expert from UK Jessica Parker believes that visiting the Solarium is deadly.
Video: Scientists have proven that Solarium deadly
The main argument of radical professionals is that in 2002-2003, skin cancer came out n the first place in the world in the number of cases of detection. And before that, women in the leading positions breast cancer and for men with lung cancer. Also, there are experts who are more loyal to the issue of tanning under the lamps. But they are opposed to the treatments 12 months of the year. The optimal number of courses of Solarium – 2 per year.
- for pregnant women;
- those patients who take drugs that increase skin sensitivity to UV light (these include some antidepressants, antibiotics, tranquilizers, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs);
- people with lots of moles;
- in the presence of hypertension;
- in the presence of thyroid disease;
- after treatment of hormonal preparations;
- in the presence of rosacea and rosacea;
- after treatments chemical peels.
Video: the harm and the benefit from the Solarium
The procedures in the Solarium contribute to a more rapid aging of the skin
Ultraviolet radiation destroys the molecules of collagen, which is responsible for skin elasticity and causes the formation of free radicals. Free radicals in turn damage the membrane of living cells and interfere with their normal functioning.
This applies to both sunlight and ultraviolet radiation lamps.
- The appearance hyperpigmentation areas on the skin.
Under ultraviolet light can appear or worsen skin pigmentation that manifests as dark spots of different size and shape. Increases the risk of pigmented sections of skin after chemical and physical peelings.
- The change of the hair structure.
Hair on the UV rays have a drying effect. It is also worth noting that tanning hair can greatly fade.
How to protect yourself from the consequences?
Despite the risk of complications after a visit to the Solarium, a total ban on favorite procedure does not threaten us.
To make use of the Solarium safe, you should observe some simple rules:
- it is not necessary to go to the Solarium every day, it is necessary to limit the number of visits to 2-3 a week, and the number of courses per year to two;
- special cosmetics for tanning will allow you to obtain a nice tan in fewer visits, therefore its application should not be neglected;
- it makes sense to alternate the Solarium and treatments instant tan, to reduce the load on the body;
- be sure to cover the hair with a shower cap, eyes special glasses, pacifiers, caps or stickers.