The types of mammoplasty — implant
Every woman wants to have beautiful Breasts, all of it makes the figure more graceful and taut.
However, even a perfect bust over time can lose its shape. To make figure more perfect will help plastic surgery.
Especially now that there are different types of mammoplasty.
What it is
Mammoplasty is the area of reconstructive surgery, which deals with changing the shape and size of the breast, and substitutes in breast reconstruction.
This is the direction aesthetic surgery began to evolve in the twentieth century. First, to correct the shape of the breast used paraffin injections that can seriously harm women’s health.
Subsequently, however, instead of this substance began to apply the silicone.
Breast implants were invented in the early sixties of the last century, and since then they are continuously improving.
Today, this operation is actively used to correct physical defects and other external changes a woman’s Breasts.
In rare cases, this surgery is done to men. In this case, the indication for its implementation is the presence of gynecomastia.
Breast implants can be carried out by external defects, or in the case of medical indications.
Generally, this type of intervention is carried out in such situations:
- The small size of the bust. Breast implants helps to increase the volume of the breast if to obtain desired results through the use of hormonal methods is not possible. As a rule, conservative methods can achieve only temporary results.
- Atrophy of the mammary glands after lactation. When feeding a child, women may undergo significant changes in breast shape. In some cases, fix them without surgery is not possible.
- Breast reconstruction. This technique is applied after serious surgical interventions, which are aimed at removal of malignant tumours in the breast. Thanks to this procedure can significantly improve the quality of life of women.
- The mastoptosis. This term refers to the drooping of the breast, which occurs as a consequence of age-related changes. Also, it often develops after childbirth or breastfeeding. In this case there might be an increase with implants, excision of tissue, tightening with the implementation of the incision under the breast.
- Too big bust size. In this situation, the woman may experience serious discomfort. Because doctors often recommend surgery to reduce breast size. When this is removed excess fat and glandular tissue, tighten the chest, move the areola-nipple complex.
- Gynecomastia. This term implies excessive breast development in men. This pathology can be unilateral or bilateral in nature. Surgical intervention is carried out by removal of advanced cancer through the implementation of the cut under the nipple.
Mammoplasty can be performed not always. While contraindications are absolute and relative.
The first category includes the following:
- the age of 18;
- less than 6 months after completion of breastfeeding;
- acute disease and relapses of chronic pathologies;
- problems with blood clotting;
- complex forms of mental and chronic illnesses;
- malignant neoplasms.
Relative contraindications include:
- the presence of excess weight;
- the lesions are fibrous knots in my chest;
- diabetes mellitus in the compensation stage;
- autoimmune diseases – lupus erythematosus, a chronic form of nephritis, rheumatism, etc.;
- varicose veins and arteriosclerosis obliterans of the legs;
- a chronic form of hepatitis;
The presence of mastitis can not be a contraindication to surgical intervention on the chest.
The types of mammoplasty
Depending on the indications for the operation the mammary glands increases and decreases, giving the breast for optimal shape. That is why there are different types of mammoplasty.
This type of surgery is considered the most popular.
Using this procedure you can:
- to give the Breasts an attractive shape;
- to make it more lush;
- but at the same time to preserve the natural features.
Thanks to this procedure, a woman has the opportunity to gain confidence in its appeal.
The operation is performed on the personal initiative of the patient, and not on strict conditions. Breast size increase with the help of the implant, which is injected for the mammary gland.
Inside a sealed silicone capsule is present a saline solution or a special gel.
Through the use of the second option, you can get the chest, which is most similar on the natural.
There is also the possibility to choose only the shell, which the technician fills in the process of performing surgery.
This option helps to achieve the individual shape of the bust, adapting it for a specific woman.
This surgery is performed to reduce breast size.
In the course of its execution fails:
- to cut off part of the glandular and adipose tissue;
- to get rid of excess skin;
- to move the nipple and areola to prevent it from drooping.
In most cases, the tissue is cut around the areola down to the inframammary crease.
Breast reduction is done not only for aesthetic correction, but also has curative properties.
As a result of this intervention fails:
- to improve sleep;
- to restore normal breathing;
- to reduce the frequency of pulmonary inflammatory diseases;
- to experience comfort and relief.
In some cases, reduction mammoplasty is carried out even in adolescence in the presence of strict medical indications and the consent of the parents.
This surgery is performed to lift the breast when it is prolapse. Also in the course of performing mastopexy is possible to adjust the height and shape of the breast.
In some cases, surgery is performed without implants.
However, as a rule, they are used to achieve ideal results.
Mastopexy is usually applied in such cases:
- ugly shape of the bust;
- the deterioration of the shape of the breast after breastfeeding;
- elimination of consequences of cancer.
For this type of surgery need to go through several stages, during which adjust the shape of the areola and restore symmetry of the chest.
To do this:
- excised the excess skin and adipose tissue;
- carry the areola and nipple;
- behind the large chest muscle the implant is fixed;
- during correction can also be used tissue of the woman.
Correction of the nipple-areola complex
This is a fairly simple operation that can be run in combination with other forms of mammoplasty.
If a woman needs an exceptional correction of the nipple-areola complex, it can be done under local anesthesia.
Usually, this procedure lasts approximately 1 hour and includes the following components:
- changing the size and shape of the pigmented part of the breast;
- the restoration of the nipple-areola complex after other interventions on the breast.
That all went well, it is very important to follow all medical recommendations for the care of nipples.
Video: Types of implants
What are dental implants
When performing mammoplasty can be used various types of implants:
- Silicone shell inside of which is saline.
- Silicone shell filled with silicone.
- Mixed implants that have 2-3 cameras. Inside can contain silicone, and the top is saline solution. Thanks to the application of this solution could bring the implant to the natural shape of the breast.
- Inserts that have a drop shape and soft filler jelly-like consistency. It is called cohesive gel. This substance helps the surgeon to shape the chest as physiological form. This type of implant is considered today the most modern solution.
The types of incisions
To introduce the prosthesis in the breast perform a skin incision, and there are several basic types of access:
- Inframammary – the incision is localized in the inframammary fold. This option is used most often, this is especially true in the case of use of large implants.
The prevalence of this decision due to the full security and access directly to the desired area. The disadvantage of this type of incision is considered to be the offset of the scar after surgery, after which it becomes more visible.
- Circumareolar – is in the form of a semicircle located in the region of the junction of the skin and areola. After this type of incision is the least visible scar. The formation of a cavity for the prosthesis causes some problems.
In addition, there is significant risk of development of inflammatory process, which may be accompanied by suppuration, the appearance of calcification and cysts, damage to the nerve fibers responsible for the sensitivity of the nipple and areola. This technique is usually indicated for women who have concomitant ptosis of the breast.
- Axillary – in this case, the incision is performed in the axilla and the implant placed under the pectoralis muscle. The use of this type of access helps to achieve the least noticeable scar. In addition, it maintains the integrity of the glandular tissue and the possibility of breastfeeding.
This applies to women who have unexpressed submammary fold. He also shows a thin and nulliparous patients.
Method is to use endoscopic equipment, making possible to completely eliminate the violation of the structure of nerves and the formation of symmetrical cavities.
In this case you are allowed to install the implants, having a capacity of a maximum of 375 ml. During this operation and the healing period lasts more than in other cases.
- Transabdominal – in this case, the incision is performed the skin of the abdomen in the area of the bikini. This access is used only in the case that the woman needs to simultaneously perform correction of the anterior abdominal wall.
The choice of access and implant is influenced by the preferences of the patient and individual characteristics of an organism. In this case the plastic surgeon must hold all the required measurements of the bust, distance between the Breasts.
Also important constitutional and proportional characteristics.
Who better to consult
When choosing a plastic surgeon is very important to consider a number of criteria.
In this case, has the value:
- his experience in the field of correction of breast;
- known in the professional field;
- reviews of patients.
Experts advise to communicate with people who did the breast implants from this doctor.
After a preliminary selection of several surgeons should consult each of them.
During this conversation you can ask the expert disturbing questions. Also you should ask the doctor to show photos of work performed.
At the stage of preparation for surgery may need to consult specialists and additional research:
- the blood and urine;
- biochemical analysis of blood and coagulation;
- determination of blood group and RH factor;
- a blood test for HIV, syphilis, hepatitis;
- mammography or breast ultrasound;
- consult a physician, breast physician, anesthetist, gynecologist.
Breast implants is a serious surgical procedure that requires careful preparation.
To make the operation successful, it is important to find a qualified professional and clearly follow his recommendations.
Besides, it is necessary to consider all the possible contraindications to this procedure.