Transconjunctival blepharoplasty is performed (eyelid surgery) — what is it, prices, reviews, photos before and after
This procedure that helps to solve such common problems as «bags» under the eyes, asymmetry of eyes, large eyelids, hernia under the eyes. Also helps to get rid of wrinkles, lift the corners of the eyes to remove the puffiness.
Depending on the method of implementation and purpose of the operation, it is divided into several types:
- surgery on the lower eyelids (is often);
- surgery upper eyelids;
- circular operation (simultaneous exposure of the upper and lower eyelids).
Blepharoplasty of the lower eyelids is applied with the aim of eliminating edema and hernia, which give the patient’s face look tired. This type of surgery is performed solely for cosmetic purposes.
Upper eyelids are corrected, if necessary, delete superfluous footage of the century. It is functionally perfect vision, so this procedure can be prescribed by a doctor.
The varieties include:
- correction Asian eyes;
- canthopexy or correction of drooping corners of the eyes;
- treatment of bulging of the eyeball.
The essence of the procedure
Like any other surgery, transconjunctival blepharoplasty is performed requires special training. Before the surgery, the patient undergoes a consultation of a surgeon, who can assign the passage and other professionals.
For some tests, it turns out visual acuity, assessed the function of the optic nerve, is determined by the tonus of the eyelids, discusses all available allergic reaction, study the patient’s chart.
Here are a few recommendations, compliance with which before operation, it is desirable:
- a week before the procedure stop taking all medications that affect blood clotting (anticoagulants is having a property of liquefying it);
- it is forbidden to take alcohol and cigarettes;
- stop eating eight hours before surgery;
- purchase ointment after blepharoplasty;
- to ask for assistance after surgery.
The operation itself lasts for about two to three hours and doesn’t leave a trace.
Eyelid surgery transconjunctival access is an operation without incision, which removes the excess subcutaneous fat through microscopic holes on the sides.
1 step. Anesthesia.
Most often use a combination of local anesthesia and a small internal sedation. However, when a large volume of surgical intervention, the patient is given General anesthesia.
Step 2. Cuts.
- Lower eyelid plastic surgery
Lines are drawn in the natural folds of the skin, so that subsequently, they were invisible. Through these incisions removes excess subcutaneous fat, is the new viewpoint, etc.
- Upper eyelid plastic surgery
Using special markup. Then made the cuts and the tightening, and the seam neatly connects the edges of the wound.
- Circular blepharoplasty and pulls it downwards
This simultaneous plastic on both eyelids, which is held together with tightening of the ligaments of the eye. Incisions are under the edges of the eyelashes and along the crease line of the upper eyelid. Remove the excess subcutaneous fat and fatty tissue. Done lifting.
When pulls it downwards to the outer ligament of the eye, the doctor gains access through a small incision to the outer corner. During the procedure, the ligament is strengthened, and drooping corner of the eye rises. This helps to avoid eversion of the lower eyelid.
The postoperative period
Sutures, if they were imposed, removed three days after surgery. Ten days later the bruises are. If the operation was performed under local anesthesia and the doctor finds the patient’s condition is satisfactory, the person is issued the next day.
During the period of rehabilitation, doctors are given the following recommendations:
- ten days to refuse to visit the baths, saunas, Solarium and swimming pool;
- to abandon the use of cosmetics;
- refrain from drinking alcohol, coffee, Smoking cigarettes;
- to use a special antiseptic drops for three days;
- the first three days to limit physical activity, to refuse from visiting the gym, the fitness club;
- within ten days, to wear sunglasses;
- sleep with your head elevated;
- before removal of stitches (in the first three days after the procedure) do not touch treated area, do not wet it;
- stop wearing contact lenses;
- try not to lean;
- to refuse to work on the computer (for ten days) and to limit TV viewing.
To accelerate the rehabilitation process, experts advise to carry out procedures such as:
- lymphatic drainage face massage;
- mild peels;
- hydration of the skin.
In order to fully appreciate the effect of this procedure, it is enough just to look at photos of patients who have done this surgery.
After blepharoplasty, the face becomes younger, fresher looks, signs of fatigue and fine lines around the eyes disappear completely.
For a full assessment of the results after plastic surgery must undergo at least six weeks. It was during this time recovered tissue of the eyelids, dissolve bruises, bruises and scars.
The achieved effect lasts very long, again this procedure will not be returned.
Video: eyelid surgery
Any surgery carries risks and blepharoplasty is no exception. So, in the rehabilitation period, there may be complications, both serious and not. Here are some of them:
- Increased lacrimation of the eyes. The first time is normal and should not cause great alarm as this side effect may be caused by irritation of the tear glands, but if it does not pass within seven days, you need to immediately consult a doctor.
- The dry eye syndrome. This is the reverse situation, which is caused by insufficient wetting of the mucous membrane of the eye.
- Formation of hematoma. This is the most difficult complication after the procedure blepharoplasty. In this case, the accumulated blood compresses the optic nerve and can lead to loss of vision.
- Eversion century. This occurs when excessive tension on the century.
- The inability to close the eyelid. In the first days is normal, however if it occurs in the future, it is likely that you removed too much subcutaneous fat.
- Drooping of the eyelid. This complication occurs due to nerve damage, which is responsible for the muscles of the upper eyelid.
- Wrong scarring. Causes a number of problems, ranging from suture line disruption and ending with a noticeable asymmetry of the eye.
- Increased sensitivity to light.
- Disturbances. If it persists for months, you must consult a doctor.
- Bruising along the inside of the eye. Often disappear on their own, within a month.
- The discrepancy between the joints.
- Wound infection with the development of purulent or inflammatory processes in the subcutaneous tissue.
- The development of glaucoma and blindness in the late rehabilitation period.
Please note! Bruises, swelling, bruising is a normal reaction of the body and the destiny of all patients. All these side effects disappear on their own, if to adhere to the restrictions, prescribed by a physician.
Indications for blepharoplasty:
- «Aging» eyelids.
- The syndrome of «heavy» eyelids.
- «Bags» under the eyes.
- The overhang of the upper eyelid.
- Excess subcutaneous fat in the lower eyelids.
- Correction bad eye shape.
- The presence of deep wrinkles.
- The drooping corners of the eyes.
- The presence of congenital or acquired defects of the eyelids.
Video: What is a blepharoplasty
Contraindications to blepharoplasty transconjuctival:
- Infectious diseases.
- Herpes in the active stage.
- Chronic diseases in the acute stage.
- Malignant neoplasms.
- Fever, SARS, fever.
- Diseases of the thyroid gland.
- Pregnancy and lactation.
- Diseases of the immune system (autoimmune disease).
- Diseases of the skin.
- Recurrences of conjunctivitis.
- The dry eye syndrome.
- Diseases of the blood (poor blood clotting).
Here are sample prices average cost of the procedure:
|Procedure — Blepharoplasty||Price in RUB.|
|Lower eyelids||54 000|
|Upper eyelids||42 000|
Frequently asked questions
Any unwanted changes can be corrected using this method?
You can eliminate wrinkles, puffiness, sagging skin, fat herniation, skin folds, to change the shape of the eyes and more.
Is it possible to remove «crow’s feet»?
No, the use of other treatments.
Will not change whether the procedure eyes?
If it was not the purpose of the patient – no, does not change. If we are talking about ectropion or rounded eyes, these effects are related to complications. They occur rarely, but a certain percentage of risk is always there.
Not remain after surgery scars?
No, eyelid surgery does not leave scars. In the case of plastics of the upper eyelid, an incision is made in the natural folds, if we are talking about the lower eyelid, under the eyelashes. That is why when you open the eyes the scars are practically invisible.
How long is the recovery period?
Usually, about two weeks. Further restrictions is very small.
Is wearing contact lenses a contraindication to surgery?
No, it is not, but wearing them during the rehabilitation period is strictly prohibited.
Is it possible to combine the plastic surgery of the eyebrows and eyelids?
Yes, sometimes it’s even appropriate.
When you need to repeat the operation? How long is the effect?
Most often the effect lasts for twelve to fifteen years.
How long have to stay under medical supervision at the clinic?
This files most often leave the patient under observation for twenty-four hours. Further, if the result is satisfactory and the person feels fine, then let him go home.
Is it true that after the procedure all the time go tears?
Not really. Eyes really are watering, but only during the week not so much.
When plastic surgery can go to work and start to play sports?
Not earlier than ten days after the operation. In General, it is advisable to resume physical activity only after two weeks.
Is it possible to enlarge the eyes with its help?
Yes, you can.
Will it hurt my eyes after the procedure?
How, after the plastic pain in the eye area occurs.
How long after the cessation of breast feeding can be done eyelid?
Should I do a blepharoplasty upper and lower eyelids separately or should I combine them into one procedure?
No need for two transactions, it is much easier to make a pie blepharoplasty and «kill two birds with one stone».
Is it possible to get rid of the epicanthus?
Yes, it is quite possible.
Transconjunctival blepharoplasty is performed — before and after