Treatment of hyperhidrosis Botox price, underarms
What is this disease
Hyperhidrosis is a condition in which a person develops excessive sweating. Due to this condition is a violation of thermoregulation in the body, which is a sharp increase in secreted sweat.
The reasons for the development of hyperhidrosis in the body can be:
- Excessive psycho-emotional stress, stress, and other disorders in the human nervous system.
- Drinking large amounts of fluid.
- Excessive physical exertion and fatigue of the body.
- Genetic predisposition to gipergidroza.
- A variety of diseases and disorders in the body.
- Allergic reactions that manifest in the form of excessive sweating.
- Earlier the trauma of the skull or back.
- Overheating of the body.
By itself, hyperhidrosis will not be a big harm to human beings, however, this condition is not the norm and is classified as a deviation. Moreover, excessive sweating will cause discomfort, a lot of inconvenience, and cosmetic defects, so it requires fixing.
In the treatment of hyperhidrosis practiced a lot of different methods, one of which is Botox. Consider in more detail the features of the use of this method of treatment, its advantages, disadvantages and more.
As this drug helps in the treatment
The beneficial effects of Botox for hyperhidrosis was discovered accidentally in 1951. After a detailed study of this technique it started to use on patients.
Is caused by the action of Botox is that after getting into the sweat glands, it blocks the transmission of impulses in the nerve fibers. Thus, the signal on the sweat simply does not reach the sweat glands.
Unfortunately, as practice shows, the treatment of hyperhidrosis armpit Botox has only temporary effect and will completely free from excessive sweating can not (after a while the nerve conduction is restored, therefore the patient needed a second course of treatment).
Thus, we can say that when you hyperhidrosis Botox is a temporary stop of the pathology, which is more directed not to the treatment of the cause, and the termination of the cosmetic manifestations of the disease.
Video: expert Advice
The advantages and disadvantages of the method
The holding of Botox injections against hyperhidrosis has the following advantages:
- No need for open surgical intervention and input of harmful anesthesia. When the patient is much less exposed to the risks and dangers to the development of undesirable side effects from the procedure.
- The opportunity to conduct this treatment in a traditional outpatient basis.
- After injection, the man is almost required to abide by the rules of rehabilitation, because it is, as such, no. The patient can immediately return to their usual life.
- There is no need of hospitalization.
- High efficiency techniques. As practice shows, more than 90% of all cases Botox injections for a while to help completely eliminate the problem of excessive sweating.
- The durability of the result is caused by prolonged exposure from injection. Usually the effect lasts up to six months.
- Thanks to the neurotoxin, which is contained in Botox, as it can block the sweat glands. Moreover, the substance to be introduced in minimal quantities, so it is not harmful to the body.
- The patient will not require a long course of treatment, as the method provides for the holding of only one session of injections.
Disadvantages of holding against Botox for hyperhidrosis are:
- The presence of a sufficiently large number of contraindications to the procedure makes it inaccessible for some applicants.
- The high cost of the procedure.
- To enhance the effect, the person will still have to comply with a number of medical recommendations.
- Improper technique when injected in humans, can develop unwanted side effects to be minimal and the end result.
Preparation for the procedure
Two days before the Botox injections you have to follow these recommendations in preparation for the procedure:
- To get rid of hair in sudoriferous glands. It is best to gently shave off their machine, so as not to injure the skin.
- To stop taking any drugs and alcohol.
- Visit the doctor who will perform the procedure. It is necessary to discuss in detail the technique of treatment, possible complications and rehabilitation rules.
It is important to do the test for Allergy to Botox. If a positive result should abandon the procedure.
- Women are advised to do a pregnancy test to rule out the possibility of it (the introduction of Botox in the period of carrying a child are strictly contraindicated).
- Two days before the procedure it is advisable to give up physical activity.
- It is important to eat well to strengthen the force of the body.
- Should conduct a comprehensive examination of the body, to exclude the possibility of disease and contraindications to the procedure.
The application of Botox with hyperhidrosis of the armpits
The technique of getting rid of hyperhidrosis with Botox is this:
- First, the patient’s skin is treated with disinfectant against germs.
- Next, the technician puts on the skin in the underarm area a special cream for pain relief. They are used at the patient’s request and are not required (the procedure is not very painful, so do without anesthesia).
- Botox is injected under the skin by injection. The needle still deeply inserted.
- Next to the site of injection is applied cold compress to avoid swelling.
- Then the skin is re-processed antimicrobials and the procedure terminates. Session duration is usually no more than forty minutes. After that, the patient can go home.
After the procedure the person may develop the following side effects:
- A feeling of weakness.
- The sleep disturbance.
- Disorder of the intestine.
- Dry the area of injection.
- The increase in body temperature.
- Loss or decrease in skin sensitivity at the injection site of the injection.
- Manifestations are similar to SARS.
- Runny nose and cough.
- The formation of edema at the insertion point injections.
- Bruising and hematoma.
In most cases, the above unwanted reactions occur at the equipment violation drug administration or in the case where the person has an individual intolerance to the ingredients of Botox.
Do I need a doctor’s advice
If you wish to get rid of hyperhidrosis by entering Botox injections are advised to consult with several doctors (an internist, a neurologist, a specialist who will carry out the procedure and dermatologist).
These professionals will help the person to understand if he to perform such a treatment and how dangerous it can be in each case.
The recommendations of a cosmetologist
To improve the result, after the introduction of Botox injections you need to adhere to these tips cosmetologists:
- It is advisable to apply cold compresses to the insertion site of the injection, to reduce swelling.
- It is impossible within two weeks after the procedure to do the show, visit bath, sauna or pool.
- When side effects need to consult a doctor.
- It is impossible to take alcohol and drugs within two weeks after the procedure.
- You should not use the cosmetics to reduce sweat (different sprays and deodorants).
- You can not sunbathe.
- It is impossible to do massage.
Contraindications to the procedure
Treatment of hyperhidrosis Botox ® can not be performed in certain diseases and disorders in the patient’s body.
Traditionally, there are the following contraindications to this procedure:
- Various disorders in the nervous system.
- A weakened immune system.
- Following the recent surgery.
- The clotting of blood.
- Acute or chronic kidney, heart or liver failure.
- Individual intolerance the patient of the substance Botox.
- Pregnancy and breast-feeding. It is important to know that the introduction of Botox at the time of the pregnancy may adversely affect the growth and development of the fetus.
Moreover, the woman’s body during pregnancy can be very bad to respond to the substance of Botox. For this reason, it is better not to risk and to treat hyperhidrosis with Botox after the birth and end of lactation.
- The presence of inflammatory processes in the body.
- Period after recently suffering a stroke or heart attack.
- Chronic diseases in acute phase.
- The age of the patient under the age of eighteen years.
- Treatment with antibiotics and other drugs that can disrupt blood clotting.
- The period of menstruation in women.
- A person’s predisposition to scarring.
- Alcoholism and drug addiction.
- Various disorders in the CNS.
The average cost
The price of hyperhidrosis treatment Botox depends on the area being treated and the skills of a specialist.
On average, the cost per treatment course is approximately 25-30 thousand rubles.
It is a medical procedure or cosmetic
Due to the fact that Botox injections are more aimed at addressing the cosmetic defect, and not the causes of the disease, they for the most part is considered a cosmetic procedure.
Despite this, the event must be approached with the utmost seriousness because it can cause disorders in the health and General condition of the person.
There are the following alternative methods of struggle with hyperhidrosis:
- The antiperspirant will help to inhibit sweating for several hours by wrapping of the walls of the sebaceous glands.
- Use Formigran – funds, which need to moisten a cotton swab and lubricate the sweat glands. It will reduce perspiration.
- Formagel will provide a nice smell under your arms and reduce sweating.
- Helps oral treatment. For this you need to take herbal medicines that have a calming effect on the nervous system. They will help in the case if the cause of hyperhidrosis has become the stress or emotional tension.
Treatment of hyperhidrosis – it is quite a complex exercise, as the disease is often re-expression. For this reason, before you use the method of injection of Botox, it is advisable to consult a doctor and identify the root cause of the disease.
Photo: Before and after