Wash after mammoplasty — when can
Mammoplasty is a surgery which changes the shape or size of the breast.
It is shown when you change the mammary glands due to:
But in most cases, women take the decision to increase the breast on their own, no particular testimony.
Mammoplasty is one of the most common operations.
It must be remembered that any surgery can cause complications to cope with which is quite difficult.
Are there any contraindications to water procedures
Almost every patient undergoing surgery, worried about the question when you can begin to water procedures.
Since during the operation violated the integrity of the skin, the seam can trickle a small amount of blood or pus, which I want to wash.
For the postoperative seams require special care, as long as you have not formed a dense scar. While the seams are not removed, they must be treated with special antiseptic, as long as the doctor says.
During the operation the suture is placed in the drainage to not accumulate excess fluid and did not cause complications. They are usually removed on the second or third day. The maximum they can be held for a week.
Throughout this period watering joints and take a shower not because it may cause falling into the wound infection and lead to complications.
Features of a shower or bath
When you take a shower, the surgeon informs the patient after the next inspection. It depends on the state of the seams. It must be remembered that the bathroom after surgery breast augmentation can be taken not earlier than a month, and only if the healing process is successful and no complications.
In order to avoid soaking the seam, and the appearance of complications, observe the following rules:
- the optimum water temperature for swimming, corresponds to the human body temperature is about 37 degrees. If cold showers may occur vasospasm, which adversely affect the General condition in General;
- when taking a shower, do not RUB the chest with the washcloth. Wash the Breasts should be gentle massage, while the water pressure to be weak, in order to avoid stimulation of the nipples and damage to the joint;
- pre-need to check with the surgeon carried out the operation, can I use a regular soap with a neutral pH, or is necessary to use special means for the seams;
- if the scar has a crust, it is impossible to remove, because you can damage the seam and contribute to the formation of noticeable scars. The crust should fall off on their own.
When can I bathe after mammoplasty
The chest after mammoplasty can be wet, not earlier than 3 – 7 days.
The exact period of should consult your doctor because only he can assess the condition of the seams and make the right decision.
If the sutures heal poorly, dripping or suppuration occurs, wash after mammoplasty can be no earlier than two weeks.
Photo: Before and after surgery
Can there be complications
If, despite the advice of a doctor, begin to water procedures, complications can occur in form of swelling of the chest, or suppuration of the joints.
Swelling of the Breasts
There is swelling of the breast in that case, if, despite the recommendations of the surgeon, to take a hot or warm bath. It can persist for about a week, and in complex cases more than a month.
In this case, the upper part of the breast above the nipple greatly increases. The Breasts look unnatural. Swelling may be accompanied by painful sensations.
In order to get rid of it you need to:
- wear the compression garment;
- only take a shower with warm water;
- to withdraw from physical activity or sex;
- do not use the Solarium, sauna or bath.
Inflammation of the seam
Due to the ingress of water into the wound infection may be inflammation of the joint.
This may cause the following symptoms:
- redness of the skin;
- swelling in the joint area;
- swelling of the mammary glands;
- the increase in body temperature;
- the appearance of pus;
- severe headache;
- increased blood pressure or heart rate.
In this case you should immediately seek medical help, because the abscess will lead to the fact that the recovery period after surgery will increase and formed a rough scar, which will be a cosmetic defect.
Video: doctor’s Recommendation
Will there be any problems with the seams if they are wet
The mechanism of healing of postoperative suture:
- originally formed connective tissue with fibroblasts (special cells that help rebuild tissues and body defects);
- the wound epithelium is formed which prevents the ingress of pathogenic microorganisms;
- fabric is tightened, the wound heals, and the size of it is reduced.
You can wet the seams in the shower, for example water drops. In this case, you need to blot them with a clean dry towel, making sure all the moisture is absorbed.
If the seams to soak, for example, swimming in the bath, the infection can penetrate, causing suppuration of the joints, which is considered a complication and requires special treatment.
In order to avoid problems with seams, must be properly, this may take a sterile cotton wool, gauze or cotton pads:
- special attention should be paid to the seams, after the water treatment. After taking a shower they need to get wet a soft, absorbent towel, then swab out of the sterile bandage;
- if necessary, the seam should be treated with hydrogen peroxide, potassium permanganate, brilliant green or other means, depending on what is prescribed by a doctor;
- then you need to do a sterile dressing and secure it with a special surgical adhesive;
- the treatment is carried out until, until the seam is completely healed. Sometimes blood or pus may appear after a week after surgery, in such cases, the processing of the seam continue;
- the old dressing must be removed very carefully, in order not to damage the joints;
- if the first signs of infection, you need to consult a doctor in order to eliminate them early and prevent complications;
- if necessary, the doctor will remove the sutures, clean the wound with an antiseptic solution, and install drainage to eliminate pus. If necessary, will be prescribed antibiotics, or prescribe another medication from this group and Immunostimulants. As an additional method can be applied in solutions, powders, ointments, or vitamins.
In order to reduce the risk of postoperative complications such as suppuration of the seam must adhere to simple rules:
- if the stitches are a special bandage, it is not necessary to soak or remove without your doctor’s approval;
- if the bandage is waterproof, you can take a shower, paying attention to moisture getting inside, but in any case should not be submerged under water (e.g. taking a bath);
if the doctor said not to wet the seams, when taking a shower you can close them, the use of special waterproof bandages, cellophane or rubber gloves;
- even if water gets on the area of the seams, after taking a shower, they should gently blot with a soft dry towel to ensure no moisture and then process;
- after washing you can’t use cosmetic creams and lotions;
- if accidentally water gets into the seams, they should immediately blot with a towel and make sure all the moisture around the stitches absorbed;
- it must be remembered that the recovery process after the operation will depend on power, since as a building material, a person needs proteins, vitamins and minerals;
- the healing seam of bad dehydration, it is therefore necessary to control the flow of fluid in the body;
- to speed healing of the joint affects the immune system of the patient. Therefore, before surgery for breast augmentation, you should pay special attention to the maintenance of the immune system.
- the patient within one month should always wear special underwear, otherwise the result is the most successful surgery can be spoiled. In some cases, the doctor may recommend to remove it during the hygiene procedures and carry without erasing;
- if wet the seams and that’s a concern, please call your surgeon or go to the emergency room.
It is worth remembering that the operation for breast augmentation is a serious surgery, but complying with all recommendations of your doctor, will be able to avoid complications.
With proper care, in three weeks you can return to normal life, and after two or three months the appearance of the Breasts will be much better. Completely tissue after mammoplasty restored within a year.