6 weeks pregnant ultrasound: how does that show?
For the period of 6 weeks the expectant mother is usually already aware of your situation. Before rounding of the belly or feeling movements of the unborn baby is still far away, but the woman clearly notice the changes in your health. Do I need to undergo a pelvic ultrasound on this pregnancy? What you can see in this survey? How many times have all you need to visit a doctor for ultrasound and whether it is harmful?
If pregnancy proceeds without complications, the woman will visit the office ultrasound three times during the period of waiting for a baby:
- the presence of a hydatidiform mole – an abnormal condition similar to the symptoms of pregnancy, but require gynecologic intervention;
- signs of missed abortion or abortion;
- the symptoms of concomitant diseases of pelvic organs.
In some diagnostic rooms offered a separate service – a photo of the embryo. In the period of 6 weeks it is still not very significant. Baby looks more like a tadpole – you can see only thickened head end of the body and the rudiments of future legs or handles. Sexual characteristics, fingers, face has not formed yet. But on the sixth week already you can hear the heartbeat of the unborn child: a tiny heart every day more and more like an adult, and already surpasses the blood.
Remember that the period of pregnancy in medical institutions is considered to be not delay or conception, and from the starting day of the last menstrual period.
If the expectant mother counted 6 weeks from the suspicious delays, is likely to period it on reception at the gynecologist will determine how obstetric 10-11 weeks, and hence the norm of the size of the embryo and the ovum will be different from named. All in all, the pregnancy is 40 weeks obstetrics.
How is the procedure of ultrasound in early pregnancy?
The sonography of the pelvic organs on the sixth week you can perform two accesses – transabdominal (through the anterior wall of the abdomen) and transvaginal (with the introduction of the sensor into the vagina).
On examination the woman should bring the following:
- clean or disposable diaper,
- a small clean towel
- a pair of clean socks,
- a condom
- Shoe covers or overshoes
- 1 liter of drinking water.
The preparation involves several important points. First, inspection is carried out «full bladder» because the fluid improves the conduction of ultrasound waves. To do this an hour before a pelvic ultrasound should drink 1 liter of water (often women do it in the queue in front of the Cabinet) or do not urinate for 2-3 hours. Secondly, before the test, you must perform the hygiene of the external genitalia.
The results will be most accurate if the inspection will not interfere with the gases of the intestine. It will have to limit in the diet at about day legumes, cabbage, black bread, whole milk, carbonated beverages.
Pelvic ultrasound is performed in the supine position with bent legs, which the woman takes on the couch. First, the doctor puts on the skin of the abdomen with a special gel that improves the conduction of the ultrasonic signal, and then examines the uterus and the appendages through the anterior abdominal wall. The next step is to replace the sensor on the vaginal dressing, its a condom and examination through the vagina. This method is more reliable as the internal sex organs are located as close to the sensor.
Is it harmful pelvic ultrasound in early pregnancy?
Ultrasound diagnosis is not only highly informative and painless, but also safe. It does not affect the appearance of any disease and does not affect the health of women and children. Ultrasonic waves do not harm living tissues. Their use does not require puncture of the skin or mucosa, and therefore there is no risk of infection.
First ultrasound baby pregnant usually gives a huge amount of positive emotions that well affect the well-being of herself and the baby.
As the fetus in the sixth week?
The lower the gestation, the more important processes that happen in the body of the future heir. In the first trimester are laid all the vital organs and tissues. That is why it is so important to avoid at this stage of professional and household hazards, infectious diseases, avitaminosis.
- Continues active development of the neural tube – the future brain and spinal cord of the child. That is why it is so important to pregnant took folic acid at this time. The lack of 30% increases the probability of malformations of the brain.
- The brain begins to acquire the features of the first maturity, the brain and depression. Outlines the contours of the skull.
- Liver the crumbs are already busy process of hematopoiesis, and the heart – perekachivanie blood.
- Formed the beginnings of hands and feet, although the fingers can be counted later.
- Before the advent of the a full skeleton still far away, but began laying the cartilaginous structures that are eventually replaced by real bone.
- An important stage is the immune system of a toddler – there is a thymus gland – the organ that will control the immune system all barefoot childhood daughter or son.
- Ready to actively operate the future placenta – it will provide the fetus with oxygen, nutrients, hormonal will be to control the entire second half of pregnancy.
What a woman feels in pregnancy 6 weeks?
In anticipation of the baby’s body rebuilds the work of all organs and systems, cause some discomfort of the expectant mother:
- breast changes – increase in size, fullness, sensation of heaviness, tingling;
- increased sensitivity to smells, change in tastes;
- nausea and vomiting, harassing the majority of women in the morning, with prolonged absence of food or as a reaction to the sharp smell;
- drowsiness, weakness, fatigue, mood changes, moodiness, irritability, tearfulness.
How many will have to endure morning sickness? All of these unpleasant peculiarities will be held with the end of the first trimester of pregnancy. They do not require treatment, if vomiting does not happen more often 5 times a day and the woman doesn’t lose weight. Otherwise, you need to consult your obstetrician-gynecologist, who will prescribe the desired mode, if necessary, medication or hospital treatment.
Pregnancy in the obstetric period of 6 weeks, the beginning of a long journey, which will pass along the mother and her baby from conception to birth of the baby. Try to eat right, get enough rest, regularly visit the gynecologist and to pass the necessary examinations. It will make the pregnancy a wonderful standby time, reduce the risk of complications when carrying a child and childbirth.