Abdominal ultrasound child and
Ultrasound of the abdominal organs to children is a simple and effective procedure by which experts can examine and characterize the condition of organs and systems.
A study using ultrasound is completely safe, so it is widely used in various medical fields. Using ultrasound of the abdominal organs children can be easily fixed even the most minor changes in the body.
Ultrasound examination of abdominal cavity children could and should be done in the presence of such clinical symptoms:
- the feeling of heaviness and fullness after eating;
- pain in the upper abdomen;
- nausea and vomiting;
- hunger pains;
- yellowness whites of the eyes and skin;
- the bitterness in the mouth.
If any pathology is extremely important in the study
Ultrasound of the abdomen should be done to the child if you suspect the presence of inflammatory diseases (acute or chronic), namely:
- trauma of the internal organs;
- cirrhosis of the liver.
Annual timely performed maintenance inspection will help to detect and prevent diseases at early stages.
To send a child on a study of abdominal organs may be a pediatrician or a gastroenterologist. What makes the procedure babies? Newborn baby in the first month of life make a diagnosis to detect congenital abnormalities or for complacency that the baby is all right.
How safe is it?
Ultrasound of the abdomen done for diagnosis in Pediatrics from the last century. It found its niche in the field of diagnostics and found wide application. In our time it is difficult to imagine high-quality medical examination without ultrasound.
Scientific experiments and studies has been devoted to the question of the security of the examination. Given all the scientific data and the results of these studies, it is safe to say that the method is harmless, safe and reliable.
Ultrasound examination of abdominal cavity doesn’t irradiate the body of the child, as they do not have radiation exposure. Ultrasound has absolutely no relation to to radiation, nature it is completely different – this is a common high-frequency sound. For comparison, the ultrasonic vibrations are: wind noise, ocean surf, sounds of dolphins and bats.
The child is very important to have the procedure conducted in a calm and relaxed atmosphere. Ultrasound examination of abdominal cavity can provide an environment, because any uncomfortable or painful sensations does not cause.
What needs to be done before the study?
Prior to conducting the procedure, the child should be properly prepared. For that few days can and should be excluded from the child’s diet foods that cause flatulence include:
- legumes (peas, beans, lentils, nuts);
- carbonated beverages;
- black bread;
- fruit (peaches, pears, apples);
- cakes, pastries.
A physician should be warned if the baby is any medical therapy.
The study is carried out on an empty stomach, and the last time you can eat a maximum of 10 hours before the procedure so the child should prepare in advance for the fact that some time he would not eat.
If the procedure will be for the baby then prepare is not difficult, all you need is to plan in advance the intervals before feeding and come to the study directly before the next feeding.
As you can see, to prepare your child is easy, but all these measures are extremely important, because if the stomach is not stopped digestive processes, the organs will be in an altered state.
Why carry out research?
Diagnostics shows the following status:
- in the liver you can see: neoplasm, presence of pus, cysts, cirrhosis, parasitic infestations;
- in the spleen can be seen: increase or rupture of the body;
- in the gallbladder can be seen: inflammatory process, the presence of stones;
- the pancreas can be seen: inflammation.
During the study, experts are paying close attention to the condition of the entire abdominal cavity:
- retroperitoneal space;
A thorough examination of the size and location of these organs, their structure and verified the presence of fluid in the peritoneum.
During the procedure, the specialist has set itself the following objectives:
- the diagnosis of the organs;
- specification and tracking their dynamics;
- pathology detection;
- search damage and changes (in size and density).
Specialist finds out the cause of pain and spasms, and eliminates or confirms the presence of tumors, stones, hemangioma, etc.
Why not study shows?
Ultrasound is unable to inform about some problems, among which:
- disease the blood;
- nature of tumors: malignant or benign.
Interpreting the results is not easy and it needs to be experienced. Knowledge of standards can help to understand the complex symbols and to understand the result before the conversation with the doctor.
Consider how normal should look like the organs of the peritoneum:
- norm of the liver and gallbladder. The edges of the body should be smooth, and the structure uniform. In the gallbladder should be free of stones, slime and sediment;
- the normal pancreas. Iron should not be scarring or individual lesions, which in their structure differ from other sites in the body;
- the normal spleen: absence of accessory lobe of the spleen, wandering (moving or displaced) spleen hypoplasia;
- Norma vessels: absence of thrombi in the lumen of veins and arteries.
So, what do ultrasound of the organs of the peritoneum with the baby? It is an effective method that can help you quickly and effectively in time to identify serious pathology that will assist in the appointment of competent treatment. Given the research, there is no doubt that ultrasound will not harm the health of your baby, but rather «play» in his favor!