Diet after removal of polyps by colonoscopy
Colonoscopy called endoscopic examination of the large intestine. This procedure gives the opportunity to thoroughly examine the bowel wall for the presence of inflammation, tumors of different nature. As with any instrumental study, it requires training to perform and heal properly after the procedure.
In addition to compliance with recommendations on nutrition, the patient should postpone exercise and take advantage of the capabilities of herbal medicine. One must take into account comorbidities of the individual characteristics of the organism.
Remember that to go to the doctor, even with minimal changes in health after a colonoscopy!
If after the procedure you notice at the above symptoms, immediately seek medical help. It is possible that the innocuous at first glance, a slight increase in temperature may be hiding a dangerous complication, which over time will result to emergency condition.
How does the removal of polyps?
A colonoscope (an instrument for endoscopy) is inserted through the anus into the intestine. During the procedure, the colon is forced air, which allows to expand the lumen of the intestine to smooth the folds, which gives the doctor an opportunity to examine the entire lumen of the organ.
With the help of forceps or a loop, which are in the colonoscope, there is a capture of a polyp and its removal. It is imperative histological study to determine the volume of the intervention. Remove polyps this way quite often, it is accepted procedure. The main thing is to remove the education was benign.
Diet after the procedure
Nutrition plays an important role in the rapid recovery of the intestine after invasive study. Proper preparation lays the incentive to restore the mucous membrane. When polyps in the intestines diet helps to ease the digestive system, to protect the formation from damage. General rules for diet for intestinal polyps – maximum sparing of the mucosa. Eating foods that contain fiber are prohibited in this disease.
After removal of a polyp food should be warm and preferably pureed. This ensures the necessary conditions for the sparing of the digestive tract after the manipulation was done by colonoscopy. Too hot or cold food can irritate the already inflamed mucosa, leading to a worsening of the position.
Observe the rules of fractional power. Meals should be evenly distributed throughout the day to avoid hunger. The interval between meals should be on average 3-4 hours. Also need to reduce the serving size, it will allow not to load excessive digestive tract.
After the removal of polyps is recommended the inclusion of protein meals. It is from them, the body draws amino acids needed to build all cells and tissues, restoring and maintaining the immune system.
Protein food should be easy!
What can you include in the menu:
- Eggs, preferably cooked boiled or cooked in omelets.
- A little nuts, except for peanuts.
- Lean, lean poultry without skin, be sure to fish. The protein contained in fish is easily digestible. Besides, the fish have omega-3 fatty acids, which are essential.
- Vegetables can be eaten cooked, preferably steamed or boiled. This method of cooking softens the fiber, reducing its impact on the intestine.
- Low-fat dairy products.
- Cereal, cooked with water, with the addition of butter.
You need to give up coffee, alcohol and other irritating mucous membranes in food and beverage. Also eliminate spicy, fatty dishes, they provoke the active work of the digestive tract.
Sample menu patient after removal of a polyp
- For Breakfast – savoury cheese, low-fat, no additives. Or oatmeal (rice), boiled in water. For porridge you can add a small amount of butter.
- As a snack fit crackers or crispbread and cheese.
- For lunch the soups, or vegetable soup. From meat broths prefer chicken or beef. Second, choose steamed vegetables, boiled or stewed meat. If you prefer burgers, then cook them for a couple or on a dry pan without oil.
- A second snack can consist of bread (not fresh) and a weakly brewed tea.
- Dinner should be light. Add in the diet of fish, baked in foil, or lean meat.
Do not forget about vitamins and minerals in the diet after removal of polyps by colonoscopy, in which the body needs. Include in the diet of non-acidic fruits add vitamins that the doctor advises.
In conclusion, it should be noted that meals are not able to get rid of already appeared in the intestines of the polyps, but can slow their growth and prevent them from injuries. We can say that in this case, performs a supportive function.