Diet before colonoscopy bowel: a menu that you can eat and drink?
- Food after removal of a polyp
- Cooking recipes dietary dishes
Colonoscopy is the endoscopic examination of the large intestine. Colonoscopy bowel is carried out using special equipment physician with appropriate qualifications. The study allows to diagnose the condition of the colon and to identify the different abnormal formations (polyps, ulcers, erosions, diverticula, etc.). Colonoscopy requires mandatory preparation of the patient. One of the points of training is diet before colonoscopy bowel that provides for compliance with certain rules.
Diet before the study
Rules diet before colonoscopy:
- Vegetables: peeled carrots, mashed potato, boiled pumpkin.
- Fruit: peaches and apricots are peeled, melon, watermelon.
- Drink: mineral water without gas, weak berry fruit drinks, vegetable juices without pulp, herbal and black tea with lemon, Cup of coffee.
- Protein foods: milk with low fat, cheese, and egg.
- Main dishes: meat and steamed fish, light soups and broths, scrambled eggs, steamed meatballs.
So, what can you eat before a colonoscopy listed above. What not to eat in preparation for the procedure? The list of prohibited products is quite wide:
- Sweet pastries, cakes and cream cakes, cookies, brown rice bread products from wheat flour.
- Smoked and dry-cured sausages, canned meat and fish, gravy.
- Spices, mayonnaise, sauces, ketchup, vinegar, dressings for soups and salads.
- Mushrooms, legumes.
- Vegetables: broccoli, cabbage, cauliflower.
- Fruits: apples, plums, bananas, pears, grapes.
- Chocolate, nuts, sunflower seeds and pumpkin, jelly, gummy candy, jams.
The sooner preparation for a colonoscopy, the better will be the cleansing of the intestines.
Diet for colonoscopy involves keeping a certain menu. Examples of such menu is provided below.
Option # 1
- Breakfast: a glass of boiled milk, one boiled egg, toasted white bread with jam. Instead of milk you can drink coffee with milk. Even if I don’t want to have Breakfast should not be neglected, because the long break in food leads to hungry gases in the intestines.
- Snack: natural yoghurt or a Cup of yogurt. Are allowed to eat fruit yogurt, but without content of cereals and nuts.
- Lunch: chicken soup with noodles and carrots, a sandwich with white bread and cucumber; fish steam cutlets with mashed potatoes, and lingonberry juice.
- Snack: low-fat grain cheese with honey, chamomile tea.
- Dinner: boiled chicken, boiled white rice, steamed carrots with greens, mint tea with honey.
- Snack: yogurt.
Option # 2
- Breakfast: black tea with sugar and lemon, fruit salad with peaches and melon, yoghurt, toast of white bread with cheese.
- Snack: coffee and cheese.
- Lunch: rice soup with carrots veal stock, boiled cod, pumpkin puree, mineral water with lemon.
- Snack: cranberry juice with croutons of white bread.
- Dinner: a souffle from beef, pasta, tea, camomile, sugar, toasted white bread with blueberry jam.
- Snack: fruit yogurt.
Food before colonoscopy
This menu can stick to for two or three days before the diagnostic procedure. The day before the colonoscopy, the menu should be more modest. It is necessary to exclude all vegetables, fruits, breads and sweets. In order to not have constipation, the amount of liquid should be increased. To drink preferably plain water or mineral water. The day before colonoscopy daily diet might look like the following:
- Breakfast: coffee with milk, a piece of cheese.
- Snack: mineral water with lemon.
- Lunch: chicken broth with rice, boiled egg, tea with chamomile.
- Snack: cottage cheese, berry juice.
- Dinner: macaroni and cheese, tea with mint.
- Snack: low-fat yogurt.
On the morning of the procedure, to eat prior to colonoscopy it is impossible. Can I drink water before colonoscopy the day of the test? On the day of colonoscopy, drink water is permitted, but not later than three hours prior to the procedure. Tea, coffee, fruit drinks, juices and other beverages should not be accepted.
The diet after the study
After the study also should observe the diet. What kind of food you can eat after a colonoscopy? Diet prior to colonoscopy is a uncindery diet. Food after the procedure should be gentle and not irritate the intestinal mucosa. What food should be consumed?
- In the diet can be gradually include cereal, vegetables, fiber-rich, boiled, bread, fruits, cereals.
- In the first days after the procedure desirable crushed and slimy dishes – a souffle of vegetables, meat or fish, mucous soups, jelly. Meals mucous consistency envelop the mucosa of the digestive tract.
- During the first two to three weeks to avoid intake of alcoholic beverages.
- Very useful after the study are dairy products, fortified «useful» bacteria. This will allow the intestine to rapidly restore the normal peristalsis.
- Teas containing medicinal herbs to soothe irritable bowel. Medicinal teas you can make yourself. For example, chamomile tea, mint and honey get rid of excess gas and relieve intestinal spasm. There are also pharmacy charges for the digestive system.
- Food must be fractional, meals – warm and mashed. Do not add food lot of salt and spices.
- Mineral water will also help to restore the intestines.
For recovery of the intestine in some cases, appointed laxatives, products containing bifidobacteria and lactobacilli.
Food after removal of a polyp
If a colonoscopy was carried out surgical intervention, nutrition in the first days after the operation consists of only liquid foods. Within a week after removal of a polyp, the patient shows mild mucous broths and soups. From drinks are allowed herbal teas. 5-7 days gradually in the diet are other products.
Sample menu 5-7 days after the operation looks like this:
- Breakfast: boiled egg, herbal tea.
- Second Breakfast: oatmeal porridge, steam cutlets from chicken meat, yogurt.
- Lunch: vegetable broth with rice, omelette with greens, cranberry.
- Afternoon snack: milk pudding.
- Dinner: potato and pumpkin puree with vegetable oil, boiled ground beef, mint tea.
Diet after removal of polyps by means of colonoscopy is less strict than after conducting abdominal surgery. However, care should be taken not to overload the digestive tract. Here are a few recipes of dietary dishes.
Cooking recipes dietary dishes
Slimy soup on vegetable broth with cereals. Oat flakes pour hot water and boil on slow fire for 15-20 minutes. Then, in oatmeal broth add the pre-cooked broth with mashed vegetables (potatoes, carrots). The mixture is brought to a boil and remove from fire. In the finished soup add the egg yolk and a little vegetable oil. Soup salt may be added.
Rice soup with meat and vegetables. A third of a Cup of rice boiled in water for 30-40 minutes, then the rice to wipe through a sieve. In a beef broth boiled carrots, which you should also grind. Combine rice and meat and vegetable broth, bring to a boil. The beef is first passed through a meat grinder, and then pulverized in a blender. Meat slurry is added to the finished soup.
Soup-puree of pumpkin. Pumpkin baked in the oven, wrapped it in foil. Then vegetables to wipe through a sieve and add it to boiled milk. The mixture was again heated to boiling. In the soup add a small amount of butter and herbs. The soup can be eaten with croutons of white bread.
Souffle of chicken with carrots. Chicken mince with carrot. Add to the mix a few spoonfuls of sour cream. You then need to whisk the egg yolk with a little salt. Then gently to the mixture add beaten egg white and mix. The mixture was poured into a baking dish and place in the oven, preheated to 180 degrees. Cooking time, bake about 35-40 minutes.
Souffle of rice and beef. Chilled beef should be cut into pieces and cover with cold water for 3-4 hours. The meat is then necessary to rinse and mince. Ready stuffing again crushed in a blender and combine it with the milk and egg yolk. Separately boil the rice and grind it through a sieve, and then connect it with the meat mix. To the mixture add a little salt and butter, poured into a mold and baked in the oven for 30 minutes.
Carrot patties. Carrots peeled. The carrots are boiled in the usual way and ground in a blender, add egg, butter and a little salt. From carrot mass should be formed into small patties or meatballs and cook for a couple.