How to wear compression stockings after laparoscopy?
Wearing compression tights, stockings and knee socks shown not only for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins. During laparoscopy, is performed in clinics, the patient will be asked to wear special stockings. They may be called in different ways- compression, in-hospital, anti — or protivoanemicescoe, but the essence and purpose of these modern jerseys are the same.
Today we have a growing number of domestic experts adopt such experience and are also attentive to the patients. Try to understand why and what you need to apply compression stockings, and to whom, when and for how long you need to wear it in case of laparoscopic surgery in the body.
Hospital stockings should not be worn immediately before laparoscopic diagnosis or surgery. This must be done early in the morning, immediately after awakening, in the supine position. However, in some cases, according to testimony, the doctor may ask you to wear them for 2-3 days before laparoscopy.
And how to wear compression stockings after laparoscopy? After such a manipulation is shown wearing for 10-14 days, around the clock, and remove them early is not recommended. Long sock indicated for the prevention and treatment of varicose veins in the initial stage, the presence of bulging veins and pregnant women. In these cases, they should be removed at night. Also need to consult a specialist, who will tell you whether you can wear on the stockings I bought for laparoscopy.
Who shows to wear?
Method of diagnosis or surgery using a laparoscope is used not only for gynecological problems, but also in diseases of other organs located in the abdominal cavity. So the hospital wearing stockings and shows women, and men for whom, by the way, models are available that meet the masculine structure of the legs.
To wear compression stockings in 100% of cases, you need people older than 40 years, and in the presence of the following pathologies:
- disease of blood coagulation system;
- varicose veins;
- obesity or overweight;
- chronic heart disease;
- diabetes of any type.
In some private clinics during laparoscopy instead of stocking using special compression device, which stimulates blood flow in the legs. However, after this innovative blood flow stimulation doctors will still recommend wearing the compression hosiery.
Compared with elastic bandages from the hospital hosiery has a number of advantages:
- By using bandaging is very difficult to achieve graduated compression, which can without problems provide stockings: 100% – above the ankle, 70% – below the knee and 40% in the upper third of the thigh. It is this pressure distribution provides faster movement of blood and prevents the development of thrombosis. Incorrect bandaging, on the contrary, increases the risk of its occurrence. In addition to fit comfortably and correctly to wear high-class compression, you can buy a special tool.
- Stockings more absorbent and impregnated with antimicrobial or antibacterial composition.
- Silicone garter fixes the product tightly to the legs, which further provides a constant high blood flow.
Compression stockings after laparoscopy «will not remain idle». The young women they will be useful during pregnancy and childbirth, and all the rest will help to keep the feet comfort during and after air travel.
How to choose compression hosiery?
For proper selection should be, first and foremost, consult a doctor. He will tell you what hospital compression class(and there there is IV), it is necessary to your body. For laparoscopy fit I, II and III.If the label does not specify the compression class, you can expect the following designations:
- from foreign manufacturers should stand figures 13-15, 18-20 or 23-32 mm Hg. article;
- the marking on the domestic hospital stockings from 140 to 280 DEN.
If you already have in stock slimming antivarikozny stockings, tell the doctor. Maybe buy another pair with a higher compression class is not required.
In addition to appropriate compression class, it is important that the garment corresponds to the overall dimensions of the feet. Before buying you need to measure:
- The circumference of the ankle, knee, mid-calf and lines on the upper third of the thigh.
- Distance from ankle bone to mid-knee to top of thigh.
- The height and weight.
Comparison of their data with the parameters shown in the table on the product label will help you choose the appropriate size. Pay attention to the recommendation of skilled doctors for laparoscopy is better to buy compression stockings, with trimmed toe or those that begin at the level of the ankle.
In conclusion, I should add that after operative laparoscopy, in addition to hospital stocking is recommended to wear a postoperative brace.