Hysteroscopy and hysteroresectoscopy: what is the difference, which is better?
In the Arsenal of modern gynecology a variety of methods of examination and treatment of the patient. Quite often apply techniques such as hysteroscopy and hysteroresectoscopy. What is it, what is their difference and which is better?
Hysteroscopy is a diagnostic procedure that can perform minimal surgical procedures (the taking of tissue for a biopsy, stop small bleeding and other). It is performed with the use of a special device known as a hysteroscope. The main purpose of hysteroscopy is to diagnose or exclude a pathological process in the uterus.
Hysteroresectoscopy combines diagnosis, and treatment of disease. In the process of diagnostic manipulations in the uterine cavity is entered hysteroresectoscope equipped with micrometeorology and surgical device. Application of the method hysteroresectoscopy in some diseases of female reproductive system is the best option therapy. Such pathologies include:
- The formation of internal partitions.
- Hyperplasia of the endometrium.
- The presence of adhesions.
- Tumors in the cervical canal and in its cavity in the form of polyps.
If there is a suspicion of this pathology, there is shown the operation by hysteroresectoscopy. What are the signs that the expert can suggest the presence of these diseases?
- spontaneous abortion;
- bleeding outside the menstrual period;
- the resumption of bleeding by type of menstrual period menopause;
- the ineffectiveness of hormonal therapy in the treatment of endometrial hyperplasia;
- signs of the presence of polyps in the uterine cavity and the inside of the cervical canal.
Hysteroresectoscopy is a full surgery that requires General anesthesia and special preparation of the patient. From conventional surgery, the procedure has a low injury rate for the female body.
Preparation for the procedure
Preparing patients for operation includes the same steps as the preparation for hysteroscopy with General anaesthesia.
Before surgery it is necessary to conduct a number of laboratory studies:
- Clinical analysis of blood.
- Biochemical study of blood.
- The analysis for syphilis, hepatitis and HIV.
- Determination of blood group and RH factor.
- Smear on the microflora of the vagina.
- Conducting the pregnancy test.
- The General analysis of urine.
In addition, according to the testimony conducted instrumental studies:
- Transvaginal ultrasound of the uterus way.
- ECG if necessary.
- X-ray examination of the lungs.
In some cases, shown medical training for women:
- Hormonal drugs are prescribed to prevent post-operative complications (bleeding) and to reduce the size of uterine fibroids. Drugs prescribed by a doctor depending on the indication and the purpose of the manipulation.
- Antibiotic therapy in certain cases is to prevent women with reduced immunity.
- Tranquilizers are appointed directly before the procedure with the aim to normalize the emotional state of the patient, to achieve maximum relaxation of muscles.
- Sanitation of the genital tract is carried out about a week before surgery. With this purpose, appointed by the vaginal antifungal suppositories and drugs for internal use.
When not to use method? Contraindications to hysteroresectoscopy are as follows:
- Changing the normal parameters of the smear for Cytology.
- The presence of specific inflammatory process of the vagina and cervix.
- Inflammatory diseases of nonspecific nature.
- The acute phase of somatic diseases.
- Myoma larger than 6 cm.
- Cancerous lesion.
- Normally proceeding pregnancy.
- Diseases of the kidneys and liver with signs of failure of their functions.
- Violations of the blood coagulation process.
So, what is the difference between hysteroscopy from hysteroresectoscopy? The above allows to conclude that the procedures differ in purpose. That is, in the first case, the method pursues the diagnostic target and the second can combine diagnostics and treatment. Hysteroresectoscopy has more opportunities and is carried out after special training, is accompanied by anesthesia. Hysteroscopy takes less time. In this regard, it can be carried out using local anesthesia.