If you can see the erosion of the cervix on ultrasound?
Disease of the reproductive system in women can occur unnoticed with no pain, discharge and violations of the cycle. To diagnose they can only with the help of a qualified physician. Such diseases include cervical erosion. This condition is a violation of the integrity of epithelial lining of the vaginal part of the cervix. Should be distinguished from the false erosive process, localized in the neck, that is, pseudo.
The pathological condition that masquerades as erosion — pseudo. It is the change of normal cells in the cervical area due to hormonal disorders and inflammatory processes.
True erosion is formed during the destruction of the mucosa lining of the cervix. In the area of the defect is inflammation, which can spread to the pelvic organs. In the absence of treatment of erosion it is possible to observe the tumor development.
- Early sexual activity;
- excessive intensity of sexual acts;
- many non-permanent sexual partners;
- inflammatory diseases of the reproductive organs, the accession of infectious agents: herpes infection, gonorrheal infections, also chlamydia, Trichomonas, Ureaplasma, human papilloma virus;
- vaginal dysbiosis;
- injury of the epithelium as a result of the abortion, childbirth, surgeries, mechanical damage;
- violations of hormonal regulation of functioning of the reproductive system (dysfunction of the ovaries, pathology of the hypothalamic-pituitary regulation);
- immune pathology;
- physiological erosion, which can occur in young women, asymptomatic and self-cured.
Despite the plurality of etiological factors, the nature of the pathology are similar in different cases and requires therapeutic correction.
Infer the occurrence of erosion is almost impossible because it has virtually no external symptoms. Sometimes spotting after sexual intercourse, douching, pelvic exams, and unexpressed pain in the lower abdomen. If you have these symptoms you should immediately consult a specialist for carrying out diagnostic procedures and purpose of therapy. In the case of early detection, the treatment can only be medical in nature, include ointments, douching and antibiotics.
Gynecologist at the reception can identify the erosion visually, through mirrors. It is clear that the true erosion is reddish and bleeding with pressure, while pseudoerosion defeat is pale and velvety in appearance.
For the production of a correct diagnosis is necessary to conduct additional research. We can distinguish several types of procedures:
- Colposcopy — examination of the cervix microscopically. Often apply the extended procedure of colposcopy with colorants.
- Mandatory study is cytologic evaluation and biopsy of the cervix. For Cytology with a spatula to produce a scraping of cells from the affected area, and then microscopic and biopsy pinch off a piece of the epithelium and also explore. With the increase shows the pathological changes of the epithelium.
- Ultrasound examination of the cervix (ultrasound). Procedure informative and painless. During it is fixed dimensions and volume of the cervix. With the use of additional funds during the ultrasound it turns out the character of vascularization. Sometimes ultrasound is the only way by which the detected pathology. This diagnostic procedure is not prescribed in isolation but together with a comprehensive study of the uterus and its appendages. While ultrasound may be transvaginal and transabdominal. The sensor is applied a special gel to facilitate sliding and correctly. To conduct transabdominal. Ultrasound is required to fill the bladder for proper visualization of the organs. With the help of ultrasound determine not only erosion, but also other changes of the cervix, e.g. polyps, papilloma, adhesions, cysts, tumors, strain. This type of diagnosis is most informative and helps to identify and fix parameters which cannot be detected through visual inspection.
In addition, during the ultrasound examination of the cervix are evaluated:
- the shape of the cervix;
- the length of the cervix;
- consistency and structure;
- acoustic density or echogenicity;
- the permeability of the channel;
- the axis of the neck relative to the position of the axis of the uterus;
- peculiarities of blood supply.
Erosion needs a complex treatment. It is etiological in nature: addresses the cause of disease, so you want to cure the inflammation. For this purpose, use of douching, anti-inflammatory creams. In the diagnosis of infection requires the appointment of antibiotic therapy. When it first revealed the specific pathogen with bacterial culture and research using PCR (polymerase chain reaction). In addition, you want to find out the antibiotic susceptibility of the pathogen. Once this is removed the affected area of the mucous membrane. This is done using the following methods:
- laser coagulation, in which there is a painless elimination of erosion;
- diathermocoagulation — removal of pathology with the help of electric current;
- cryotherapy — «freezing» of erosion;
- chemical coagulation-based aggressive chemical agents;
- surgical intervention in case of heavy flow erosive process.
Early diagnosis of this pathology of the female reproductive system — the key to curing disease without adverse effects. These include: the development of the widespread infectious inflammatory process, infertility, and malignancy of the process with the formation of a cancerous lesion. Cervical cancer appears if erosion is not detected, or incorrectly treated. For the prevention of erosion required to undergo gynaecological examinations at least two times a year, to pass additional tests, do an ultrasound. The combination of these measures helps to detect erosion at an early date and to appoint correct treatment. This will prevent the occurrence of complications and improve the quality of life of the patient.