Laparoscopy is the removal of the gallbladder post surgery period
Laparoscopy of the gallbladder is the gold standard in the treatment of diseases of this organ. It is a less traumatic endoscopic intervention carried out by a few punctures in the abdominal wall. However, after laparoscopy gallbladder should recovery period, which can not be called easy. During the operation can be performed cholecystectomy (gallbladder is removed entirely) or husking accumulated concretions, but in any case, the rehabilitation period will require the patient to strict compliance with all medical recommendations – the regime will be hard enough.
Who is this treatment?
Laparoscopic interventions are not appointed in every case, but only if it is impossible conservative methods to stabilize the patient. The main indications are:
Life after gall bladder removal does not stop, and with proper management of patient he soon discharged from hospital. From the operating man is transferred to intensive care, where total prohibition of any physical activity is 5-6 hours. After that the patient can move, roll over, sit on the bed to get up. Meal of the day of the operation is not allowed. Allowed pure non-carbonated water in moderation. Possible teas – rose hips, chamomile.
On the second day when the patient forces are allowed to walk in the ward accompanied eat. It is made solely as a liquid – yogurt, light soups, low-fat soft cheese. At this time the patient is under close medical supervision with the aim of timely detection of possible complications. The effects of surgery can include the following:
- classic damage to the bile duct, detected during the surgery;
- thermal damage – threatening complication, leading to disruption of the blood supply of the liver and gallbladder, you might find after weeks/months;
- bile outflow was hard to recognize during the intervention, it is not easy to diagnose subsequently, may require a second operation;
- infection of surgical wounds;
- degree of hernia in the area of the puncture;
- diarrhoeal disorders – the almost inevitable companion of laparoscopy.
Pain syndrome after surgery can be observed in the right hypochondrium, punctures in the lower back and region of the clavicle. The pain is related not only to tissue injury but with the introduction into the abdominal cavity of gas. Her relief medication required during the first 4-5 days, after which the intensity of the pain decreases.
Do not abandon this exercise as walking.
A leisurely walk, especially in the fresh air, promote the excretion of residual gas, which filled the abdominal cavity during surgery. For continuous walking is not necessary, but you can go to the right places the longer way, and if you have the opportunity to take a walk in the fresh air is better to do the escort.
Recovery after surgery
Full rehabilitation after gallbladder removal lasts for about six months, and it is not only the physical rehabilitation but also psychological. In most cases, a person is able to carry out daily duties fully and take care of themselves. Recovery in the presence of surgical complications is slightly delayed. After discharge from the hospital is extremely important to strictly adhere to certain rules.
- Complete abstinence from intercourse for 3-4 weeks.
- Physical activity, exercise and sport activities are allowed after 6-7 weeks after surgery.
- Lifting weights more than 3 kg are allowed only after 3 months.
- To wear a special bandage on a permanent basis not less than2 months.
If you follow these simple guidelines, the rehabilitation period proceeds without complications. The first time you can not swim in open water, a bath for the first week is also prohibited. We must remember that many of the complications after laparoscopic gallbladder occur through the fault of the patient who neglects the rules of conduct.
Diet during the rehabilitation period
Proper diet after cholecystectomy pays great importance to, and for good reason. The main tasks of the medical table # 5 is huge – complete elimination of high-calorie foods, normalization of the liver and the process of secretion, stimulation of intestinal motility. In addition, the bile gradually returns to its normal bactericidal properties. To live, respecting these restrictions, the first time is unusual, but it greatly facilitates the postoperative period, laparoscopy of the gallbladder.
- cereals – you need to give preference to buckwheat, rice, manna and oat cereals, in porridge, you can add the dried fruit;
- meat is not excluded, and even necessary, but only low-fat varieties of veal, beef, Turkey and rabbit – everything has to be cooked just for a few;
- fish – any lean, steamed;
- soups – milk and vegetables, meat is undesirable because of the abundance in them of extractives;
- seafood – shrimp, oysters, are not excluded, but they can not be abused;
- bread is allowed, yesterday, preferably rye bran;
- vegetables – most of them allowed.
- dairy products – low-fat;
- berries – in addition to sour;
- drinks – tea, decoctions, compotes.
- freshly baked bread and all kinds of baking;
- nourishing soups;
- fatty meats/fish;
- the liver, including goose, kidney, meats;
- milk, cream, fat cottage cheese;
- all leguminous;
- vegetables – radish, and the like;
- sour fruits and citrus fruits;
- confectionery – chocolate, ice cream;
- soda, cocoa, and coffee.
Not immediately after discharge from the hospital to use all the products included in the allowed list.
Better prepare in advance diet per day, starting with light foods. Add in the daily menu for the new food gradually – not more than 1 product per day.
Strict adherence to the diet will help to quickly restore the intestine, liver and bile ducts. To get used to the restrictions, will take a little time, and the effect will be noticeable immediately. Pain and heaviness in the right hypochondrium go away completely, a chair normal without drugs. The whole recovery period, you must listen very carefully to their feelings, and about all the new symptoms be reported immediately to your doctor – this will help to notice or prevent the development of complications.